• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wetsounds stealth 10 soundbar help

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here's a question my wife asked last night.

If I wanted to install a Core version of this, and power it with a secondary amp mounted elsewhere in the boat......Is there a way to control the volume of the soundbar independant of the "house" speakers already in the boat.

The premise being if someone is sitting in the boat, I don't want ALL the speakers turned to a high volume, only the sound bar turned up. That way we are still projecting some sound out the back of the boat without deafening the people sitting IN the boat.

How do I do that? Adjustable volume knob on the secondary amp? Any thoughts? If I solve this I've been given the greenlight to make it happen!

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here's a question my wife asked last night.

If I wanted to install a Core version of this, and power it with a secondary amp mounted elsewhere in the boat......Is there a way to control the volume of the soundbar independant of the "house" speakers already in the boat.

The premise being if someone is sitting in the boat, I don't want ALL the speakers turned to a high volume, only the sound bar turned up. That way we are still projecting some sound out the back of the boat without deafening the people sitting IN the boat.

How do I do that? Adjustable volume knob on the secondary amp? Any thoughts? If I solve this I've been given the greenlight to make it happen!
Im planning on doing all my 6.5 inside the boat on 1 amp with the front rca inputs and the tower speakers and the sound bar on a 2nd amp with the rear rca intups. So im assuming i can use the fader to turn up/down the tower speakers and soundbar

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. That looks like a fine solution. Considering mounting that adjustment right in the glove box area near the stereo.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@John Mcpartland , did you get your core 10? I got an email from them stating that the core 6 I ordered ( I ordered a core 10) is not in stock but they can sell me a 10 ultra for a lot more. Sounds like bait and switch:(

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@John Mcpartland , did you get your core 10? I got an email from them stating that the core 6 I ordered ( I ordered a core 10) is not in stock but they can sell me a 10 ultra for a lot more. Sounds like bait and switch:(
I just went on their site and they have a stealth core-10 white for the same price

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotta love those bait and switch sites! Always have to wonder....if the price is too good to be true....probably isn't.
I just talked to them and they are selling out their inventory, they discontinued selling wet sounds , and they are out of the core but have a few of the ultra left.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just talked to them and they are selling out their inventory, they discontinued selling wet sounds , and they are out of the core but have a few of the ultra left.
Very lucky for those who scored one before they ran out! WOOT!

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I own a 2013 212x and want to add speakers to swim platform and don't want to cut holes or add tower speakers. I wanted to bounce this idea off of everyone. I have 4 wet sounds 6.5 and a 10 inch sub. They are all powered by amps. In order to have music while at swim platform without turning radio way up I was thinking about adding the stealth 6 or 10 to the tower and face to the platform. The drawback is that it wont be playing while radio is playing because I will just be using it while we are in back of boat. So I would control it with my phone. The sole purpose would be for listening while boat is stopped and we are out back. Any thoughts would be helpful on that set up.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I own a 2013 212x and want to add speakers to swim platform and don't want to cut holes or add tower speakers. I wanted to bounce this idea off of everyone. I have 4 wet sounds 6.5 and a 10 inch sub. They are all powered by amps. In order to have music while at swim platform without turning radio way up I was thinking about adding the stealth 6 or 10 to the tower and face to the platform. The drawback is that it wont be playing while radio is playing because I will just be using it while we are in back of boat. So I would control it with my phone. The sole purpose would be for listening while boat is stopped and we are out back. Any thoughts would be helpful on that set up.
Bluetooth range is your limiting factor. A good idea is to put your phone in the cup holder on the swim platform and have a smartwatch to control your music. This will give ~30 feet back from the boat to control.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez put 6x9" speakers behind his rear seat cushions. You could see them from the engine hatch. They made a nice difference in sound on the swim platform without having to add tower speakers, cut holes in the swim deck or any of that. https://jetboaters.net/threads/speakers-behind-the-cushions-on-the-swim-deck.13156/#post-229020. Also see this thread SX240 rear speakers

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
no you need a hole saw and kinda go at it. holes can be ugly since it will never be seen!