• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is top speed?

Kevin1741

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpeg Looking at a 2015 VX Cruiser with 8 hours and YES thru June 2018. Got him down to $7500 which seems fair with hours and warranty. I'm close to wrapping up the deal. Just looking for real world expectations of top speed. Thanks

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try posting on Greenhulk forum, I think you will get a lot more answers.
Hope this helps!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It has the 110 hp engine, you can expect low 50's for speed depending on water temp and number of passengers , amount of fuel in tank etc. 7800 is average retail in my area not including a trailer, so the price is ok,not stellar though.
F Y I I am now experiencing a big problem with the seats on my cruisers , they look very similar to yours even though mine are on the fx ho cruiser. both my drivers portion of the seats covers are tearing by the stitching .
I will be bringing them in to the dealer to see if it is covered by the warranty, very disappointing though as the stitches are not going bad the vinyl is actually ripping where the seat is stitched . It starts out very minimal and then it just lets go all at once.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
When I was looking up stuff, the VXR looks like the one I would get. 1.8 engine and a bunch of upgrades and such. Just don't know how much more it would be.

Kevin1741

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would rather the 1.8L motor but the kids will mostly be using this while i drive the boat. My goal is have 2 skis so next year pick up a 1.8

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
LOVE my VXR. It'll do 61 with me and the wife both on it. Couple more weeks and we'll add the FXHO to the stable as well.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a new 2013 vx... loved it.. I am 250 pounds and it run low 50s with my big butt on it..... about 54 was normal max with full fuel.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yamaha seat issues 001.JPG Yamaha seat issues 002.JPG Here are a couple of pictures of the issue I am having with the seats, one is just starting to tear at the stitches and the other let loose but it started out with just slight tearing like the first picture. These are both 2014 fx ho cruisers that were placed in service about 6 months apart.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 31706 Looking at a 2015 VX Cruiser with 8 hours and YES thru June 2018. Got him down to $7500 which seems fair with hours and warranty. I'm close to wrapping up the deal. Just looking for real world expectations of top speed. Thanks
that sounds like a great deal. I bought my 2010 VX at the end of summer 2010 with 23 hours on it for a little more than that. low 50's is my speed at WOT....seems to be spot on with the '09 212x.

no issues with my seat or stitching....that said I'm working on a PISSA invention to protect against just that right now !!!!

here's a pic from my dash mounted gopro when I hit top speed....bypassed Ludicrous straight to plaid !!