• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What SeaDek color?

Chadrock

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am thinking about installing SeaDek this spring. I got some samples and narrowed it down to Storm Gray or Faux Teak -Titanium. My question is how well does the faux teak hold up as it is cut to expose the black under layer? Does dirt get down in the grooves and is it hard to get out?

I really like the faux teak look, but wonder if the solid color would pay dividends in ease of cleaning?

Will at Jetboatpilot sent me a bunch of samples too. I didn't go with any of the faux teak or solid colors because they seemed to easily scratch and any solid color is going to show those scratches fast. I ended up choosing snow camo because I though it went well with my white/grey/silver interior and didn't show blemishes at all because of the pattern.

@jetboater4life I hadn't considered that...do you have any pictures?

@Julian I'll take you up on that offer. My wife really likes the look of the faux teak.

@Julian Very nice writeup. I'll check my calendar and send you a PM. I live in Durham and work in Raleigh, so I'm back and forth every day. I think time changes next weekend, so maybe one evening afterwork?

jetboater 4 life:: those images make the material appear thin. This is usually a 1/2 thick or so right?

Chadrock: Call Jetboatpilot. I had a conversation with him last week on this subject, not only will he give you good advise, but he will explain the different products and the different MFG process. There's a lot of detail in there and some will address you wear questions (rounded edges on some styles but not others).

We have the same model/year...maybe we can score a 2fer, I've been eyeballing the teakstyle I joked to brucew yesterday. my wife insists we use up the carpet before we get the mat.....so its redwine and cranberry juice for all passengers !!

I live south of you and work in the park....welcome !

I was suprised by how thin the hydro turf was when I pulled it up, then compared it to all the samples of turf I got, and they are all about the same (didn't actually measure them). I'd hazard a guess they are between 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, but MUCH closer to 1/4....

The stuff is around 1/4 thick. I was surprised by this too as it seemed a little thin. I'll admit, I think the faux teak looks a little better but after scratching all 8 of my samples with my key I could see a huge difference. The mixed pattern of snow camo simply hid the scratch marks very well. I might have tossed some of my samples but if I can find them I'll take a picture. I'll have lots of wake boards bouncing around on the back of my boat (my hydroturf shows it) so I wanted something that would look reasonable for as long as possible. The cost of the teak is a few hundred more. I'm also slightly red/green color blind so I shouldn't be counted on for any "this looks better than that" opinions :) Being an engineer by trade, perceived longevity trumped appearance, and I do like the look of snow camo, but I understand it's not for everyone.

@jetboater4life had me convinced to go with the snow camo. I was ready to order when I saw hydroturf package for my boat on @JetBoatPilot clearance for $200. I just couldn't pass up that kind of discount. Getting the boat out of storage today :woot: 70s this weekend.

Back