• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What the hell just happened ?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Unfortunately on Sunday while returning home on the interstate after a day on the water. My van was hit by a driver in a s u v who was trying to avoid some other driver that he claimed had cut him off.
I did not see what happened as the point of impact was just behind my head on the drivers side. I heard and felt an explosion of sorts and some noises coming from behind me. It felt like the trailer had a flat tire after being hit. I carefully pulled off the traffic portion of the roadway.
Damn what a sight when I exited the van and found my trailer upside down on the ski and the ski sitting on the road with lots of drag marks leading to where I was sitting , not to mention all my belongings from the trailer box strewn all over the road.
My girl friend was pretty shook up and we needed the paramedics to check her out , plus fire trucks due to fuel leaking on the road from the overturned trailer that had gas cans inside. With about 5 firemen assisting me, we did manage to get the trailer upright and stop the fuel spill.
I also had a wrecker come out with a flat bed and we managed to get the ski and the trailer loaded on the truck where I had them taken to my house.
The van is totaled but I plan on fixing it, and the ski is totaled so I am buying a new one, the trailer is really messed up but it's a custom built caper so I plan on rebuilding that myself. MY girl friend is ok so I don't need to get a new one YET. Thanks to the people who responded to the other threads , I didn't want to hijack any of those so I didn't respond in them but I do appreciate your concern. It has been pretty disruptive and will be for a while.. Never a dull moment. lol.

Attachments

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow !!

Glad to hear that both of you are ok.

Reactions: 007

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes it does totally suck with the summer just beginning and all, as for insurance he had some but not nearly enough. That was where my insurance stepped up to the plate and I am very pleased with how they handled this so far.
I will end up loosing out on the trailer and the van but that was my choice, as for the ski I loved that ski it is the only model I plan on owning, non supercharged 1800 engine in a fx cruiser that is a great ski for my use. I still have my Yamaha s h o supercharged ski since I had just taken it off the trailer to sell it on Craig's list otherwise they would be replacing both of the skies, so I guess that was a good thing.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Horrible dude. Glad you folks got out uninjured.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sorry Jeff but when you say Van I think the Mistery Machine:cool:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The pics make me sick Jeff but i am glad to hear you and your girl (and the guy that hit you) are ok. Hopefully you will be into a new ski soon, maybe the insurance company will sell you whats left of the damaged ski at a price you cant refuse. It would be nice to have a parts ski. Not to digress, just looking for a silver lining in this.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OMG! I'm so glad nobody was hurt. Sounds like the other guy took off or didn't have insurance?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you are both okay and that is a sore sight! Take care

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Whoa man...a miracle neither of you were seriously injured! So glad it is no worse than it was and that your losses can all be recovered. The bright side...a new ski! Here's to hoping for fast recovery from the trama and equipment repair/replacement!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As much as this SUCKS it could have been worse. . . . . . . Glad everyone is ok. Best wishes for a speedy recovery/return to the water.

Reactions: 007

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Happy to hear nobody got hurt. What a PIA! Good luck getting everything squared away.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad that you guys are ok. Wow. He must've hit you guys hard. Hopefully you can still get back out on the other ski soon enough.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stuff can be replaced, people can't. Glad y'all are okay!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad everyone is O.K. That's one of those "Coulda been way worse" scenarios! (Other vehicles getting hit by stuff flying, people getting hurt or worse...)

All you can really do is count your blessings!

Sucks to happen at this time of year, but I guess it would suck any time of year. Hope you get it all worked out quickly!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks everyone, The van is going to be the big loss here it's a 97 -250 dodge high top Mark 3 conversion that I purchased from a person from England who used it when he visited his condo on vacation, he paid 40k and only put 17 thousand miles on it before I purchased it for my beach wagon that was it's only use, nice to have all your gear in a vehicle with it ready to drive out , never even disconnected the trailer they stayed hooked up ready to go. The chains I custom made actually held the trailer to the hitch even though the coupler let go when it flipped also the chains and strap on the winch held , thus avoiding the trailer or ski to fly out in the road with 4 lanes of traffic.
I just finished picking up my replacement ski this evening. So tomorrow I will begin doing all my mods like a camera mount, a trolling motor setup, fishing rig , and the thing that makes these skies do all the wild stuff, custom built cobra steering ! I could never be without that.
I need to add zinc and spray everything down inside the engine compartment, all sorts of things need to be done so I can get it out and do the break in.
Hopefully by this time next year I will hopefully have 250 hours logged on it. The wrecked one had 230 and it wasn't even a year old.
I ride them 12 months a year 3 days a week.
I have the trailer all torn apart fixing it so I will use my custom built all stainless steel trailer for the time being.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The van didn't look bad. Is it totaled just because of its value verses repair cost?
Did you get to keep the ski?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The van was hit from the door to the tail light It is a total but I decided to keep it and take a lesser amount so it would not be totaled. I don't want the ski, the bottom was worn through to the foam I don't have time to play with parting out the ski I just wanted them to either replace the hull or total it, it's theirs now hopefully they will pick it up Monday. The engine had some salt water get in it from the water box when it was on it's side, I did get it started etc but I don't want to fool with it.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I asked about the ski because I had one paid for on a claim and we were allowed to keep it and sell it.
I guess it varies between companies.