• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What the hell just happened ?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That was never discussed actually other than I did not want it repaired and I believe the hull warranty would have been voided due to the accident.
The other person had minimal insurance so my company is paying the majority of the claim I spent all day getting this ready to hit the water , I looked on the clock and it said 0000000 I need to work on that maybe put some numbers before the 0000's

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have fun waiting for it to hit 1 hour!! Seems like forever....

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hard to imagine minimal insurance being too minimal to even cover a waverunner. That sounds like no insurance.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy Crap Jeff! Just very glad you were not hurt, or anyone else!

Sucks big time but as you know it could have been a lot worse...

Good luck on the re-hab and congrats on the new ski! (Might as well make the best of it.....)

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OMG! I'm so glad you guys are okay! That is very scary. I hope you get back out there soon. I'm with your GF...I would have been freaked out also.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yikes what a nightmare. Glad everyone is okay.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks to everyone for the support.
I am working non stop to get things back to normal, It's been a week since I have been out on the water .
I probably have another several days of reconstructing the trailer, and Then I need to deal with the van, The largest amount of damage is in the drivers door area , the door can be replaced but the doorjamb is all messed up and that isn't an easy fix. I can drive it but you see daylight between the door and the jamb .
I haven't been in a car accident since 1972 other than a couple people bumping into the rear of my unmarked police car many years ago.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad you are ok! All else is replaceable in life.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you I am still trying to put everything back together , My ski is replaced and the trailer is still under reconstruction and I have not even started on the van yet. I will be very busy this summer getting everything back to normal.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This is a monumental project, it has been keeping me busy beyond belief. I am totally rebuilding my double trailer using stainless and I still have a day or two more before it will be finished, as usual I am overkilling everything.
It would have been better if I was doing this in the winter.
I haven't even started on the van yet.
I just went this morning to order my F L numbers for the hull.
I only took the ski out a couple of times and I was quickly reminded that I need to rework the intake grate to keep the weeds from collecting .
That was one of the first things I did to the last one.
I also need to add a camera mount like I did on the last one.
I'm getting too damn old for all this welding in the hot Florida sun.
I know I have 60+ hours invested in this trailer already. Fabricating everything from stainless is a real slow process.