• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What type of oil are you using.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this has been discussed many times but I tried searching and didn’t find the thread. What oil are you using in the 1.8l engine besides yamalube? I have always used the yamalube but was considering doing an oil change today and don’t have access yamalube so was going to have to use something else I can get at the autoparts store.

I know this has been discussed many times but I tried searching and didn’t find the thread. What oil are you using in the 1.8l engine besides yamalube? I have always used the yamalube but was considering doing an oil change today and don’t have access yamalube so was going to have to use something else I can get at the autoparts store.

I only use Amsoil in all my vehicles.... something from the auto parts store? How about Mobil 1?

We continue to use only OEM oil (Yamalube) and filters. Granted, there are many alternatives that are of equal or superior quality out there to choose from when in a "need it now" predicament. To stay ahead of the game, we'll order in bulk (4 gallons/case at a time).

Any marine rated 10w-40 should do. Marine rated because it provides anti-foaming properties that typical vehicle oils may not. Marine engines tend to rev high for long periods, where as vehicles generally lope along at minimal revs, hence the anti-foaming requirement.

But we'll be using Yamalube for the lifetime engine warranty it offers...doesn't cost any more than good 10w-40 around here so why not.

Yamalube is all I use. Warranty is important to me. Don't forget to register your Boat at

Last edited:
Amsoil.
This is pretty much a standing order for me:
1615769661754.png

Amsoil marine oil for me. Used it for a few years in my Seadoo boat and now using it in the Yamaha. Factory filters though.

Amsoil marine.

I am reading up on Amsoil. I am thinking about giving it a try this spring. Appears to be rock solid and exceed expectations.

I am reading up on Amsoil. I am thinking about giving it a try this spring. Appears to be rock solid and exceed expectations.
I don't think there is any magic there, but everything I've heard about it rather reassuring.
My port side engine survived a cracked head and making milkshake oil while running with Amsoil, got a new head and everything is fine a season later. I'm not going to credit amsoil, but I'm sticking with it, lol.

--

I use Amsoil and started using Wix filters now as well. I was using Yamaha filters previously.

I use Amsoil and started using Wix filters now as well. I was using Yamaha filters previously.

What was the Yamaha filter number that you were using, and the Wix filter number that you're replacing it with? I had no cross reference, so when I just ordered my 2-pack of Yamaha's, I ordered a similar Wix (using other similar Yamaha numbers within the same group number) for comparison. Amazon specs are complete garbage, and finding Yamaha specs that match up with what I'm looking for were frustrating, to say the least.

What was the Yamaha filter number that you were using, and the Wix filter number that you're replacing it with? I had no cross reference, so when I just ordered my 2-pack of Yamaha's, I ordered a similar Wix (using other similar Yamaha numbers within the same group number) for comparison. Amazon specs are complete garbage, and finding Yamaha specs that match up with what I'm looking for were frustrating, to say the least.

I don't recall what the part # of the stock Yamaha filters for the 1.8 are, but the WIX filters that I use are 51348's.

Amazon basics.

Back