• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where is everyone putting their fenders?

Bones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't seem to find a good system when it comes to putting the fenders out. I've tried the back cleat and that seems to sit to low.
Now, I hang one from the tower nob but it doesn't give you much protection by the swim platform.
Today I added a eye cleat in the front of the boat. Hoping that it will give a little extra protection for my new baby. Just wondering how everyone else is placing fenders? Thanks.

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bones , I have your same 16/AR240. My dealer recommended 2 Perko stainless steel fender locks on each side. One is just in front of and above the center cleat on each side. The other is even with and just below the rear pole of wake tower. It has worked out great for me and also frees up the cleats for dock lines.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had good luck with the Kwik Tek suction cup straps.

I generally place one directly behind the tower (2015 AR240) and one right in front of the windshield (generally where the GPS puck is starboard).

I place them on the top surface vs the side vertical surface.

I moisten slightly (usually just a swipe on my bathing suit).

I know some people have complained about them not staying put, but I have left (forgot) them in place after putting in and cruised around full speed and they were still connected and bouncing along when I realized my mistake. Sadly, this has happened several times.

YMMV, but this works for me with the added bonus of placement flexibility.

The straps adjust quickly and easily for height adjustment.

Finally, there is a little tab on the top of the suction cup, use this to pull and remove. I thought this was obvious, but as I watched (for entirely too long) my beautiful wife struggle trying to remove the suction cup, I figured I might as well add this tip.

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use the center cleat and then the front grab rail and the rear one behind the windshield. I tied large loops in the rope and push the bumper through the loop to wrap around the two rails the other two cleats are worthless for bumpers just good to tie to the dock.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use the 8" Taylormade Big B fenders. I tie them off to the wakeboard tower. For the front I attach a small carabiner to the eye hook on the windshield for the bimini. I run the rope through that and over to the wakeboard tower. This holds the fender just in front of the cockpit. The aft fender hangs off the back straight down from the aft tower connection point.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We use these attachments (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I023RK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with a combination of molding fenders and those large cylinder fenders.
As we use the port side on the dock that we use I place one on the handle bar in the bow and another around the knob on the tower. If another is needed near the stern I will either attach it to the handle for the clean out door on the swim deck or clamp it onto the doors to the rear wet lockers.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One tied to the tower by the knob one on a fender tender hanging off the windshield at the middle cleat

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use the middle cleat, the front grab rail and the back of the tower. I just have ropes on them and can easily adjust how high or low they are, but I'd like to get a better system. When I first got the boat I bought the Yamaha Velcro fender hangers and liked them, but my wife hated them so they are gone (along with one of the fenders after my wife hung it on the boat overnight and it fell off).

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Not that i have found. They also fit nicely over the circular grab rail.

Only bad thing about them is they are plastic, so they can break off...but they are cheap, and easily adjustable.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have mine on the front grab handle and the rear bimini poll.

The rear cleat is too low for me

David Decker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hang my fenders pretty much like most everyone else, but, I use a flat contour fender in the middle of the boat. the curve of the boat seams to be more extreme than my last boat(not a Yamaha) if I use a normal 8 inch fender in the middle the boat teetertotters and bounces off the front and back fenders. I'm kind of a rookie at tieing up anyway but that's what seems to work for us.

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've found the Fendergrips to be the easiest for me--they fit easily around the grab rails and can be adjusted up or down by pushing the black button:

fender grips.jpg

Attachments

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the Fendergrips! How easy is it to move them to the other side of the boat?

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the Fendergrips! How easy is it to move them to the other side of the boat?
@BlackandTan it's easy. The black button holds the rope in place so by pushing the button in you can remove the rope from one side of the Fendergrip and from the rail. Then place the rope over the other rail and back through the top of the hole of the Fendergrip while holding down the black button. You adjust the position of the fender by holding in the black button and moving the rope up or down--release the black button and the fender stays in place. Here are the directions