• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Window open or shut while on trailer? Seats blowing off? Other Qs

RForester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do you close or leave the window open and snapped while on the trailer? My dealer told me to leave it open and snapped. My brother in law bout a Sanger from the same dealer and he was told to keep the window shut while on the road. The manual states to secure the window, that's it! I have been having trouble with a couple of the seats working their way loose... Thank goodness they aren't blowing out! Any ideas or solutions for that would be appreciated!

Mirror:
I'm looking for a knob to replace the bolt that tightens the mirror (2014 212). While on the lake I have to re adjust the mirror because it keeps slipping down. I've tightened it up with a socket, but it keeps getting loose. If I could find a screw knob the correct size, I could tighten it up on the fly. Any solutions or suggestions here?

One more, Tower squeaks when hitting waves/wakes etc. I have tightened the knobs on the tower, but that doesn't help. I was thinking about looking for some nylon or dirlen washers to but between everything. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance! Robert

I always use my mooring cover during long tows - especially if I'm hitting the highway.

Leave window closed. I left the window open and lost a cushion. Haven't made that mistake again!

Window should always be closed and locked closed during trailering otherwise you risk seats (and anything else) blowing out of the boat.

Ok does that include the door? Back from the lake last night I started with the window closed, two cushions were popped off when I stopped for gas. I put them back, pushed on all of the cushions to make sure they were down, opened the window. Stopped for a potty break and the same two cushions were off. The one behind the driver seat and the one opposite the driver seat, the one where the passenger captains chair is on some models. I pull with a half ton and it sure makes a big difference open or shut. Neither time did I deploy the storage door, that would be a real wind jammer!

:Welcome:@RForester

As for the mirror what kind (brand) of mirror is it? Is it after market or does the 212x come with a facory one.

Window closed. Helm door in the open position to block the wind. I always tow without a cover and never had a cushion move. I think towing with the cover on puts too much of a strain on it and causes it to wear prematurely.

I had the same problem, while I was towing boat to the lake I saw the seats tumbling in the rear view mirror. The window was closed, I was lucky they did fly out of the boat. Since then I always tow with the cover on. I think the anchor locker door catches the air pressurizes the compartments under the seats causing them to blow out. I think leaving the door open would relieve the pressure and fix the problem but to me it's not worth risking my seats to try it out.

I guess having it closed would be better, but I've towed with mine open and snapped several times and never had a cushion come loose. My cushions are fairly difficult to get off by hand...hard to imagine the wind blowing one off unless I was going way over the towing speed limit!

We towed with window open and door closed, cushions loose but didnt loose them. Next time, door open window closed, no loose cushions. Now, after 5 seasons, no issues towing this way without a cover...

On the wake tower rattle....just put a nice coat of plastic dip on the ends where the seat into the mounting brackets. No rattle on mine and the previous owner cited this as bis fix to the rattles.

I put a small piece of velcro under the passenger seat cushion across from the driver's seat. This keeps it snug but doesn't make it hard to remove. I store the cushion in the middle back passenger area and rarely take it out. Only when I have a boat full of people and every inch of seating is needed does it come out. I tow my 15minutes to the lake with window closed and middle door open. If I have to travel more than 45minutes I use my cover.

Back