• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing motors

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One clarification... boats with fresh water flush tanks or ballast bags should either remove them, make sure they are completely empty or flush them with anti-freeze (last resort with the shower as not sure I'd want the risk of showering with anti-freeze). Other than that....putting anti freeze in the engine is the same as just pouring it on the ground.

NKTARHEEL

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
o_O Alright Yamaha gurus! This is my first winter as a Yamaha owner, so I stored my boat, after my Christmas week outing of course, and filled the tank +stabil, oil change, and will wait to change plugs in the spring. I ran the engines briefly to blow out remaining water on 2 different days after my last outing, but I didn't add antifreeze. My fingers are crossed that with 2 nights in the teens recently (more to come I'm sure) that you guys were right!!

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just trying to understand the difference between marine engines and Yamaha engines I have a 4cyld mercruiser which is basically a 4 cyld chey engine I always put antifreeze for the winter as insuranse on any tiny pocket of water that was trapped why is this not needed in a Yamaha engine