• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2024 line up …

Sturmie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our dealer has a new 2023 252SE for $87k that we're considering upgrading to. Is it worth the extra $6-7k to get the 2024 model? Other than the 1.8 vs 1.9 engines, I don't really see any other reasons to not go with the 2023.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our dealer has a new 2023 252SE for $87k that we're considering upgrading to. Is it worth the extra $6-7k to get the 2024 model? Other than the 1.8 vs 1.9 engines, I don't really see any other reasons to not go with the 2023.
Right now it is kind of an unkown if the new engines are worth it or not.

stpatty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody have any pics of the cool interior? Wondered what changes were made, if any, thanks.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Save the money and go with the 2023.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is this the first year of the 1.9L engine in a boat or Waverunner? If so, I wouldn’t be on the early adopters list. Yamaha used to put the new tech in their Waverunners first and boats a year or so later. Even so, the first 1.8L motors in boats had their quirks, like leaking oil coolers.

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
green hulk is saying they have ditched the lead rod and main bearings , while keeping the same crank , rods .. anyone have an idea of what material could have replaced the lead bearings ... i mean lead is pretty proven bearing material in the 1.8s , never hear of them blowing bearings !

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definition of price gouging - an act or instance of charging customers too high a price for goods or services, especially when demand is high and supplies are limited:

GM has cut production on the Silverado to create an artificial shortage on order to sell the trucks at higher profits, this is price gouging. Dealers adding mark up is price gouging.
The market for pickups doesn't just include the Silverado. There are other players in the market, so it's just supply and demand. Gouging involves a limited market, not just a limited model. You can go buy a new pickup for under MSRP with 0% financing TODAY......if you're willing to drive a Titan instead of a Silverado. GM isn't gouging. Profiteering, maybe, but definitely not gouging.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 255 FSH H was really, really, really impressive! I have a ton of experience with joystick boats and this one works the best out of all I’ve handled. What’s unique is that there’s no clunking or shifting like you get in an I/o or outboard, it just feels so smooth. It was upper accurate and has been calibrated/setup perfectly so the joystick inputs are spot on. It’s not cheap but it is worth it!
This is super encouraging. When you look at dual jet drives in the Coast Guard vessels and see that they are 100% joystick controlled, and the absurd maneuverability that generates, I'm super excited to see that tech come to the consumer segment. Not because I think I'll ever afford one, but it's just cool stuff!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors makes a good point that the new engines are a bit of an unknown at this point. Having said that I believe I just read that the new 1.9 with it’s claimed 20 Horsepower 11.11% increase gave a 19’ boat a 6 mph increase in top speed. Having said that, I’ll ask the basic question, you‘ll be happy with the 23’s top speed and won’t be looking to get more ummmph out of those engines?

I saw that @Ronnie mentioned a teething problem with the 1.8L engines with their oil coolers leaking, I don’t know how much those oil coolers leaked, but, from what I can garner from the press release, there were some minor changes to the block to facilitate easier access to the engine anode and thermostat but no mention of a new oil cooler. Again, based on what I can see, this is an upgraded engine and not really a new engine like the 1.8L was when it was introduced.

As reported by @Ziess21 and his test drives of two of the 2024’s, the one with the 1.9L engine, are also are coming with four bladed impellers, the reported fuel burn / rpm / speed with six adult men on board the 222 was a notable improvement and quieter operation could bode well for efficiency / less cavitation / as well.

I looked @Julian price / feature spreadsheet and it only shows an increase of $1800 over the 23‘ 252SE MSRP so your dealer must be discounting the price to get it off the lot (speaks to inventory & pricing but that’s another thread) which I had thought Yamaha frowned on.

Over the years I’ve had no issue with buying first year / first generation engines / first generation transmission / first generation suspension in trucks and dirt bikes. Since it’s early days I’d have a close look at the differences between the two model years to make sure you’d be happy with last years model. If it was me I’d be leaning heavily towards the 24 model and it’s improvements.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Glad to see they got rid of the white seat inserts.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
For the parties that attended the event. Can we expect videos and pictures? Or is that something that was not allowed. Would love to see how the event unfolded.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the reported fuel burn / rpm / speed with six adult men on board the 222 was a notable improvemen
I saw the numbers he reported. I compared them to previous results on the 1.8 and I noticed that it wasn't an improvement but actually the same or possibly slightly worse. Perhaps I am looking at the wrong data.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1.8L BoatTest.com. Zeiss reported at 5k RPM burn was 11.5-12gph. Am I missing something, it appears worse on the 1.9L based on RPM's. Now based on MPH, if accurate, and taking that into account is far better. Maybe that is correct comparison. Also, I am wondering about the 30 mph at 5k which was reported on the test boat. I find it somewhat implausible that the MPH would be almost triple to that of the 1.8L with the same size pump and a 4 blade impeller vs. a 3 blade impeller. I do not see anyway that could be possible.

1692105104122.png

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw the numbers he reported. I compared them to previous results on the 1.8 and I noticed that it wasn't an improvement but actually the same or possibly slightly worse. Perhaps I am looking at the wrong data.
Thanks for doing the homework on that! However, keep in mind that the boat tests are usually done with two maybe three persons on board and usually a light fuel load. @Ziess21 reported six adult men and a full load of fuel, that’s a lot of people weight.

It’s early days, and it’s hard to get good data of fuel burn on a test run in an unfamiliar boat with a lot going on. Time will tell. I applaud @Ziess21 fir getting the data he did get on fuel consumption… that’s something that gets overlooked with so many sparklies around!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
1.8L BoatTest.com. Zeiss reported at 5k RPM burn was 11.5-12gph. Am I missing something, it appears worse on the 1.9L based on RPM's. Now based on MPH, if accurate, and taking that into account is far better. Maybe that is correct comparison. Also, I am wondering about the 30 mph at 5k which was reported on the test boat. I find it somewhat implausible that the MPH would be almost triple to that of the 1.8L with the same size pump and a 4 blade impeller vs. a 3 blade impeller. I do not see anyway that could be possible.

View attachment 206489
Which boat specially was this test data associated with?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for doing the homework on that! However, keep in mind that the boat tests are usually done with two maybe three persons on board and usually a light fuel load. @Ziess21 reported six adult men and a full load of fuel, that’s a lot of people weight.

It’s early days, and it’s hard to get good data of fuel burn on a test run in an unfamiliar boat with a lot going on. Time will tell. I applaud @Ziess21 fir getting the data he did get on fuel consumption… that’s something that gets overlooked with so many sparklies around!
Still the MPH at 5000 RPM's doesn't work out. The only change would be the 4 blade impeller. More HP would not create more thrust at RPM's in the same size pump at that RPM, unless the pump was moving faster or there was substantial weight difference or some other factor such as hull etc., I don't believe...... Of course there are those on here that are far smarter than I am about the dynamics and physics of jet pump...... It would be awesome if in fact that was the case, the math just doesn't work out.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
222 FSH. First one I came to.
Okay, not their best test in my opinion… I’ll review it and come back to this, however, if I remember what Capt Shelly said in the video part correctly was the the mpg was 1.9 but that could have been a result of the hot humid conditions which was different from the graph. @Ziess21 reported figures were 2.5-2.6 mpg in the 222 FSH.