• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2024 line up …

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wonder what how much horsepower a supercharged 1.9 can do, 270-280 hp region. I guess 2025...
That’s 147 hp per liter you are talking about… that’s a pretty high state of tune for an engine you want to last for several thousand hours. The 1.8 svho is 138 per liter..
I’m guessing the motor is a big passer but they’ve also gone to a 4 blade impeller, that should handle the load a lot better.
on the 222 or 255?
Passer?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if they willdrop in the 1.9L SC in the 255 next year?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A four bladed impeller would reduce sound a lot I’d think.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
If anyone is at the Dealer Launch and it's possible, I would love to see a actual photo of the warm interior especially in the 222SE/SD Seafoam Boat. I love the color of the exterior but not sure how that warm interior is going to look with that color scheme.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just got off the water with both the 222FSH and the 255 FSH Sport H.
First impression on the 1.9 is very good. It is indeed quieter, has a slightly different tone to it and definitely feels smoother for some reason. The power increase was notable and the boat ran 30mph at 5k rpm with 6 adult men and full tank of gas.
That's fairly impressive - my twin 1.8's run 6200 RPM at 30mph with 4 adults and 500lbs of lead. Is top RPM still around 7500?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m thinking that since the pretty much held the line on pricing and are introducing a new engine, some folks are going to get great prices on left-over 2023 models!

I drove by a Yamaha dealer near Annapolis, MD, this morning, and I bet they had a dozen FSH’s on the lot. Would guess that most of them were probably pre-ordered, but I wonder is some folks might cancel there 2023 order for a 2024?

Jim

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m thinking that since the pretty much held the line on pricing and are introducing a new engine, some folks are going to get great prices on left-over 2023 models!

I drove by a Yamaha dealer near Annapolis, MD, this morning, and I bet they had a dozen FSH’s on the lot. Would guess that most of them were probably pre-ordered, but I wonder is some folks might cancel there 2023 order for a 2024?

Jim
We cancelled our 2023 order end of May(222 FSH Sport)... makes us even more glad we did. Plan on just getting a 25' FSH in the next couple of years and enjoying our current boat a bit longer.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think all of them with the exception of AR190 have gone to 4 blades, I do t know about the SVHO motors though.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If anyone is at the Dealer Launch and it's possible, I would love to see a actual photo of the warm interior especially in the 222SE/SD Seafoam Boat. I love the color of the exterior but not sure how that warm interior is going to look with that color scheme.
I’ll get one for you shortly.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Jim
Sounds like a great opportunity for you to change your status from boatless to I have a boat now.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That’s 147 hp per liter you are talking about… that’s a pretty high state of tune for an engine you want to last for several thousand hours. The 1.8 svho is 138 per liter..
Well I've been pushing 350+HP out of my 2012 FZS SHO with an ET LB wheel, Fizzle cooler, reflash, etc at around 8400rpm for years and it's a rock solid 82+MPH machine. The SVHO got better internals and now the new 1.9L with it's cooling and intake improvements should be even better so I'd think the HP numbers can reliably go up from there.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
They only had the 275 inside with the warm interior. It looks super good.
This interior would make me want to upgrade.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is an interior shot of a 255SD with the warm interior:

1692037326992.png

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I'm interested in seeing (hearing) if the 1.9's run smoother than the 1.8's. I don't feel the need for more speed/power in our AR250, but a smoother and quieter engine would be nice.
Check the seal on your engine compartment. I noticed mine wasn’t sealed properly and had about a 1/2-3/4” gap so mine was real loud. The dealership put a thicker seal on mine and now it’s whisper quiet. I can’t believe the difference it made.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Here is an interior shot of a 255SD with the warm interior:

View attachment 206379
I saw that on the website but it looks orange to me. The photo that Ziess posted looks much better as it looks more brown.

Quick story - Last July I had heart surgery and sold my 2019 SX190 because if something had happened to me I didn't want my wife saddled with the boat. Worst mistake ever selling that boat but oh well, hindsight 20/20 it was still the right thing to do. Fast forward to this year we had a deposit on a 222 SE and were all set to pick it up and the Stop Sale hit. Not knowing how that was going to shake out, we got our deposit back and bought a 2023 Chaparral 21 SSI OB. Its a beautiful boat but our heart is still with Yamaha. My wife and I talked about it and said, if Yamaha comes out with a Seafoam 222 SE/SD we will sell the Chap and buy the Yamaha. It was only going to be if it was Seafoam and I was like, no way that's going to happen and sure enough WTH.... Yamaha builds the boat for 2024 that we thought no way would happen. I need to sell her on the brown interior though.. Damm you Yamaha!

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I saw that on the website but it looks orange to me. The photo that Ziess posted looks much better as it looks more brown.
The brown is more of a caramel brown color, there's no orange to it. If you've seen a brown Cobalt or Malibu it looks to be nearly identical.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sounds like a great opportunity for you to change your status from boatless to I have a boat now.
Would be, but my wife and I are spending/have spent most of my boat money on traveling. With celebrating my retirement and elderly in-laws, this seems like the right time to travel. Maybe next year when my wife is eligible for social security, it will be time for a new boat? 🤔

Jim

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The brown is more of a caramel brown color, there's no orange to it. If you've seen a brown Cobalt or Malibu it looks to be nearly identical.
did you drive any 252 boats ? Ar , S , SE , SD

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That joystick is tits. Way cooler than the thing they did with the paddles... cause everyone likes to stand and drive with two hands on the wheel.