• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2024 line up …

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Have you seen those boating people? They haven’t missed many meals LOL!
One of my favorite lines in boat reviews is one done by Alan Jones (BoatingWorld Magazine) for the Scarab 195 Open Fish when he talks about the boats performance with "four buffet-loving Americans aboard" 😆

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So on the Waverunner site the 1.9L engines have a 155mm pump.

1692133894682.png

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So on the Waverunner site the 1.9L engines have a 155mm pump.
I wonder if it has a 3 or 4 blade impeller.
So I get the new motors are more efficient but How we all have struggled throughout the years to get more Top end. I must be missing something.
The yamaha site shows 2022 252x na1.8 @180hp 155mm pump 3 blade is 47mph
2024 252x na1.9 @ 200hp 155mm pump 3 blade should be 52-54mph
2022 255xd sc1.8 @ 250hp 160mm pump 3 blade top speed 56-58mph
So how does a 20 hp increase get you to 52-54 but a 70hp/5mm increase over a NA1.8 only net me 56-58mph.
Is the new 1.9 running at a higher max RPM.

Now I need to find another 4-6mph in my '22 255xd or I will be boat shopping when the 255xd gets the new SC1.9L.
I would be happy at 60-62 mph with optimal water conditions.
I know the wave runners have a speed limiter but is there one hidden in the programming on our boats?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not linear, so as you go faster there is more drag, resistance, pump inefficiency and list goes on.

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
they got rid of lead type rod and main bearings ... what material have they been replaced with ? this is a big deal people ! we need to know this , as the lead bearings on the 1.8 were part of the reason it had such good longevity

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was poking around on YouTube and found this short vid on the helm master in the 255 FSH Sport H.

Heres a screen shot of the connext screen from that video. You can see that the boat icon is surrounded by a circle with an arrow to indicate direction of rotation and that the Port engine is in Reverse at 3000 rpm and the Starboard engine is in Forward at 2000 rpm.

BDB32E0A-D9BC-4EDC-A2D3-822D414C0276.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Drive X vid:

I don’t remember the lateral movement and dock hold being on the original DriVe system… pretty darn slick!

Sturmie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was only on the 27' top of the line boat I believe for 2023.
Oh man, now this gives me something else to think about when deciding between a 252SE or SD. I could live without the paddles on the steering wheel, but those lateral thrusters might be worth it. That water in the video looks pretty calm though, wonder how those lateral thrusters work with some wake thrown in the mix.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Checking back in here, been traveling for another meeting at Regal. (they’ve got something pretty cool to announce at the first of the year, it’s gonna be real expensive though so probably won’t apply to anyone here)

The numbers I reported shocked me too when I saw them, maybe I saw them incorrectly but that would be odd for me. I’m stoked to get my first one and test it again.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Checking back in here, been traveling for another meeting at Regal. (they’ve got something pretty cool to announce at the first of the year, it’s gonna be real expensive though so probably won’t apply to anyone here)

The numbers I reported shocked me too when I saw them, maybe I saw them incorrectly but that would be odd for me. I’m stoked to get my first one and rest it again.
27'/29' Center Console?

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
27'/29' Center Console?
I don’t wanna derail this thread but no, much bigger and never been done before. Like I said, it won’t be applicable to most people but there will be a lot of interest in it. Anyway, back to Yamaha.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

The numbers I reported shocked me too when I saw them, maybe I saw them incorrectly but that would be odd for me. I’m stoked to get my first one and rest it again.
Too rich for anyone here except you?

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
There are some really cool photos by Leonard Maraist on the FB Yamaha pages. Have you guys seen them?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are some really cool photos by Leonard Maraist on the FB Yamaha pages. Have you guys seen them?
Poach a few screen shots and post them here please.