• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 275 Series News Releases

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What are your first thoughts @Julian? I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I don't feel the urge to go buy one, but liking the new technology in it. I'm sure it'll trickle down in next few yrs.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My thoughts.....

First of all, this boat is clearly not targeted at many of the members of this forum - it is not trailerable at 9 feet wide, and most of the owners here are trailering their boats a significant amount. This boat would require a permit to trailer. Once you get past that my impressions are:
  • I like the look of the boat overall. I think it has sleek lines and looks sporty. The front windshield initially made me wonder...but the more I see different angles of the boat, I think it works fine. The inset LED lights, the side panel triangle LED lights, the hard top all make this boat look pretty cool and modern.
  • The paddle shifters look interesting - time will tell if they are super functional or not.
  • The rear under water seats are a big hit and I love them. I can see people retro fitting these on all boats soon, and other manufacturers copying this very quickly!
  • The lack of a tower tow point is baffling. No clue what they were thinking there.
  • At 130k for the top end model it should have a windlass standard - its not even an option.
  • The cooler storage is nice - having an optional fridge there would make a ton of sense
  • The head compartment is done very nicely. Again, at 130k I'd think it would come with a pump out head.
  • The Connext screen looks nice - the whole dash is designed for someone who won't mess with it. I don't see, for example, where you would put a marine radio.
  • The hard top looks really nice, the sky lights are really cool. I'm suprised they didnt add mounting points for radar, radio antenna, a storage box etc. The guy that designed the FSH dash must have had a hand in its minimalist design. (not even a tow point to mess up the lines)
  • The rear seats and layout are really nice. They will be really popular with the trophy wives!
  • LED speakers are expected at this level.....and they look nice indeed!
  • Under water LEDs are a nice touch.
  • Putting charge ports at the insets where you'd put a phone is very helpful
  • The seat upholstery and the carpet fabric both look top notch.
So overall, I think they've made a nice 27 footer with a number of unique features that buyers looking for a non-trailerable boat will like a lot. I do think buyers at this price and size will want a windlass standard (or at least as an option). Besides that shortcoming, I think it will sell well. I wonder if it will sell as a tender for people's yachts too?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And for those of you with this model....I was just reminded today that I never added the model numbers to the drop down for members to chose from..... I have added them now!!!

Sorry for the delay!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Does anyone on this site even have a 275 boat ?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length