• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR192 Low Top Speed

ellj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
UPDATE: I deleted the ribbon and everything changed. Immediately I knew it was different. Throttle response was crazy and I got to 7800 rpm top speed of 51 me and my son with half a tank.

Boat feels totally different! It was that dumb ribbon the whole time apparently choking off the airflow! After heat soak I was around 7200 at 46mph. Still 10mph and 1k rpm gain!
Perhaps the ribbon was clogged with oil/crud?

Bmann87

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perhaps the ribbon was clogged with oil/crud?
My thinking as well. It looked pretty restrictive but hard to tell if it was actually clogged but my suspicious was it was.

Took her out again today, averaged about 45 mph with half tank and whole family and some heat soak. Been really impressed with how it's changed the boat. Only one downside it sucksssssss the fuel now 😆

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My thinking as well. It looked pretty restrictive but hard to tell if it was actually clogged but my suspicious was it was.

Took her out again today, averaged about 45 mph with half tank and whole family and some heat soak. Been really impressed with how it's changed the boat. Only one downside it sucksssssss the fuel now 😆
My 192 guzzles fuel. Usually filling it up every time on way home. If I stay off of WOT I can make it last longer. But I like the way it moves at WOT, so.......

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Intersting. The intercooler seemed to be just that oil fouled. Was tacky inside mine however I tired replacing it with the SVHO and the OEM intake tube wasn't even close to fitting, I dont know if I need one that comes off the SVHO or what but when I bought it I just got the intercooler not the intake tube. At any rate I put back in the stock one but really looking forward to minimizing that heat soak.

Definitely way more enjoyable in everyday and the acceleration is really strong now. 💪. Thank for the help around this thread. I'm going to update the next couple of times out
The IC swap to the SVHO should be basically plug n play! The only thing extra to do is add another hose out of the SVHO IC with a T fitting. Glad you got it running good regardless.
Original thread of swapping IC

Bmann87

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 192 guzzles fuel. Usually filling it up every time on way home. If I stay off of WOT I can make it last longer. But I like the way it moves at WOT, so.......
Loll these are my thoughts exactly. It performs more like a jet ski at WOT and it's quiet fun

Bmann87

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just curious… are you happily boating these days?