• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha jet sr230 /2003/ 24ft

Mohammed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Hi all,
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to seek guidenes from such big network of experienced people.
Am a fishing lover and and I have absolutely no experience in boats,,,I found a clean Yamaha sr230 and I have some questions before I proceed with my first boat:
1- I noticed that all the comments talks about water sports while this is fun but my main aim of buying the boat is fishing my question is how good is this boat for fishing is sea water:
2- what should I consider when am buying a used sr230?
3- is this a steady/stable boat when it's parked while fishing?
4-what are the main required maintenances and how often I need to do it?
3- out of 10 what is the level of gas consumption?!

I seek as many advices as I can get , any advice is useful for me and will surely be considered

Yours,
Mohammed alshaer

Attachments

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if you are only looking to go fishing I would get a fishing boat like a center console.. the Sr230 is more of a cruising type boat..

Mohammed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thanks alot

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yamaha now makes a center console fishing boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length