• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Sales event “Perfect Choice”

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
43B64164-8228-455A-B284-5170C07D4753.png

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love how nobody, all the way up the chain through approval, not a single person considered that the pic has water running out that through hull fitting - HARD - in that pic! 🤣 🤣

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Very similar to this one. My understanding is the license plate went through 13 levels of approval before being out into production, then somebody pointed out the plane was drawn backwards. The artist must have graduated from the University of Michigan 🤣🤣
IMG_5401.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I love how nobody, all the way up the chain through approval, not a single person considered that the pic has water running out that through hull fitting - HARD - in that pic! 🤣 🤣
Thats the outlet from the live well if I’m not mistaken… the newer live wells don’t have an aerator like mine does there’s a stand pipe that screws into the drain and the fill pump is left on to provide a constant flow of fresh water.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Very similar to this one. My understanding is the license plate went through 13 levels of approval before being out into production, then somebody pointed out the plane was drawn backwards. The artist must have graduated from the University of Michigan 🤣🤣
View attachment 217411
Must have been designed when we were concentrating on winning the National Championship!...lol. GO BLUE!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Must have been designed when we were concentrating on winning the National Championship!...lol. GO BLUE!
There’s always 1 lol

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thats the outlet from the live well if I’m not mistaken… the newer live wells don’t have an aerator like mine does there’s a stand pipe that screws into the drain and the fill pump is left on to provide a constant flow of fresh water.
You can see this in use at the beginning of this video

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Getting off topic, but…

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
The average interest rate over the full 180 month term is approximately 7.99%.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
180 months…. That’s a mortgage! But, I get it..payments are payments.

I have the same offer when I just financed the balance on my 255. Just paying extra too get it paid off early…I hope.

My credit Union is at 7.49% for boats. They usually have a “loan sale” in Spring and then Fall with reduced rates but haven’t seen or heard of anything yet this year. Sign of the time y’all.

oops, just saw it was 5.99%… last few months it was 4.99% from Yamaha…

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I have been told, this is the first of many deeper discounts coming. The next is 5k off MSRP and Possibly a 10k before new model year on existing inventory. There is a big concern of future sales. Kind of like what is happening with EV's. The majority of people who will pay a premium for a boat have already bought one, now how do they get new boats sold when used are declining in price and are in great condition with good prices on them.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
From what I have been told, this is the first of many deeper discounts coming. The next is 5k off MSRP and Possibly a 10k before new model year on existing inventory. There is a big concern of future sales. Kind of like what is happening with EV's. The majority of people who will pay a premium for a boat have already bought one, now how do they get new boats sold when used are declining in price and are in great condition with good prices on them.
Thanks for the inside dope! Pretty much what we were saying a while back regarding boat pricing on new and used boats, inflation and interest rates. There is currently no relief in sight as inflation has continued to increase, real prices on almost all goods and services has increased which eats into peoples disposable income. So for those that are prepared and have waited, it sounds like there are some good deals to be had on the left over 23’s and 24’s, especially if those deep discounts are still there when interest rates do drop.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just another thought here.

I would expect very people to actually qualify for those terms. When we bought (way back in '17) they had a similar deal running. 0% for like 60mo, then 5% for the remainder. We attempted to get that deal, and were turned down, being told "Our credit wasn't good enough". They wouldn't show us our reports in the dealership, and it wasn't until after we agreed to the 5.99% fixed rate, signed the papers and got our paperwork packet that we found what our scores were. I had a high 790-something, and wife had a low 810-ish number.

IMO, that should have been enough to qualify us for the "top tier" rates. Personal opinion is that it's a large bag of "bait and switch" to get people in the door. I'm sure it says "with approved credit" somewhere on the flyer, and I'm sure there has to be a cutoff, but honestly, how many people with that level credit score actually need the promo financed.

COUPLED with that experience, and now the Synchrony/Yamaha Financial changeover bull shittery from a few years ago, I won't EVER use them to finance again. I'll go find my own lending elsewhere.

Glad to see discounts and reasonable rates on boats again. However, I would hope anyone new that stumbles upon this thread knew what I know now going into business with Yamaha Financial.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a ton of credit for various things and my scores always stay between 680-700. I can get better than 5.99 at my credit union right now and I am certain I would not qualify for Yamaha's offer. I am sure it is a bait and switch. But if they start discounts that would be very interesting. But people do fall for take 0% financing on our high prices thing all the time. Anyone who is seriously considering a Yamaha right now, unless you must have the 1.9's, should buy 1-2 year used at a nice discount and go through a credit union with low rates whom appreciates your business.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use a ton of credit for various things and my scores always stay between 680-700. I can get better than 5.99 at my credit union right now and I am certain I would not qualify for Yamaha's offer. I am sure it is a bait and switch. But if they start discounts that would be very interesting. But people do fall for take 0% financing on our high prices thing all the time. Anyone who is seriously considering a Yamaha right now, unless you must have the 1.9's, should buy 1-2 year used at a nice discount and go through a credit union with low rates whom appreciates your business.
Curious what credit union is offering sub 6 rates on a 15 year loan? Going through the new boat process now, and not seeing anything less than mid to high 6s, and I'm 830+.