• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YJB - The longest 24-48 hours.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If we ever need donations to run the site, we will let everyone know how much (exactly) we need, will publish that amount, and will only accept donations to cover that amount and no more. That said, we don't need any at this time.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So YJB has been down since what Saturday Night/early Sunday Morning? Today is Wednesday, man that Management Assessment and for Processing Group Buys. Estimated at 24-48 hrs is now way past 48 Hours LOL :nailbiting:
I received a Facebook message showing the new YJB website logo. It looks similar to the old logo but now includes the Yamaha (Fork) logo. I suspect he finally has Yamaha's blessing to use it. If that is true, I am happy for him, although it just may be too late.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received a Facebook message showing the new YJB website logo. It looks similar to the old logo but now includes the Yamaha (Fork) logo. I suspect he finally has Yamaha's blessing to use it. If that is true, I am happy for him, although it just may be too late.
he has burned a few bridges.
The site is however still down?????

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The site is still not working for me, but I just noticed the YJB website logo is now in the upper left of the screen. Maybe that means he is getting close to opening it back up???

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If we ever need donations to run the site, we will let everyone know how much (exactly) we need, will publish that amount, and will only accept donations to cover that amount and no more. That said, we don't need any at this time.
I understand and respect this Julian. However, I am starting to feel like a leach by using this site so much without contributing financially to its creation or upkeep. So When the call for donations goes out, I hope to be the first to answer it. If the amount is within my budget I'll cover it in full preferably anonymously if possible but will understand if this site's policies don't allow for that.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
what facebook account are you all looking at? The one I was a member of doesn't show anything past like middle of last year, some dudes on a bridge in Ohio.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what facebook account are you all looking at? The one I was a member of doesn't show anything past like middle of last year, some dudes on a bridge in Ohio.
Same Facebook account, it just has a logo at the top of the Facebook page now. And that logo is on YJB's home page as well.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Donation solicitation? Is that what we're calling it. In my case, I call it black mail.

I bought some stuff from the YJB store. My CC was charged immediately. 3 weeks goes by, and nothing. So I call Brian. You know what that #^$% tells me?
"I misquoted you the shipping costs. Maybe if you contribute/donate, I can process them sooner. Cause right now I'm processing orders for contributing members." Yep - that's what the SOB tells me. So I expressed my displeasure, got off the phone, donated $25, and received my stuff 3 days later. Man - I was PISSED - but the worst part was not being able to say a word about it, cause the posts would've been deleted and I would've been banned.

Don't get me wrong - I have no problem contributing - just didn't like to be stongarmed. From that point on - all my purchases were thru Will.

@jdonalds Have you read the above from octavio? This is one example of the treatment of members that lead to the creation of this site. Perhaps you, directly, were not affected by this kind of treatment. However, with treatment like this to members, I can not agree that he has been a "great guy".

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I understand and respect this Julian. However, I am starting to feel like a leach by using this site so much without contributing financially to its creation or upkeep. So When the call for donations goes out, I hope to be the first to answer it. If the amount is within my budget I'll cover it in full preferably anonymously if possible but will understand if this site's policies don't allow for that.
Ronnie, our operating costs are $16 a month so please do not feel badly. My decision in joining Julian and Mel to start this forum was that our community was worth way more than than the financial and time costs that would be involved in creating and running the forum. It is my investment in our community. Just as every helpful post that a member makes is an investment in bringing more traffic to our site and making it easier for the orphaned members of our community to find us.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cory ... Read the whole comments posted on that picture on facebook. You'll see it.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got it thanks! Now I'm at a bit of a loss for words.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
new logo? with yamaha forks ???? I thought the new logo was supposed to something tribal, physcadelic or something you couldn't recognize unless you were part of the group like a secret handshake? go figure

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The fact that he took down the site on Saturday, and it's still locked up today on Thursday - I find this to be a complete lack of respect or lack of courtesy to all the forum members. I'm an active member of a couple of motorcycle forums, and none of them have ever done anything like this.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Donation solicitation? Is that what we're calling it. In my case, I call it black mail.

I bought some stuff from the YJB store. My CC was charged immediately. 3 weeks goes by, and nothing. So I call Brian. You know what that #^$% tells me?
"I misquoted you the shipping costs. Maybe if you contribute/donate, I can process them sooner. Cause right now I'm processing orders for contributing members." Yep - that's what the SOB tells me. So I expressed my displeasure, got off the phone, donated $25, and received my stuff 3 days later. Man - I was PISSED - but the worst part was not being able to say a word about it, cause the posts would've been deleted and I would've been banned.

Don't get me wrong - I have no problem contributing - just didn't like to be stongarmed. From that point on - all my purchases were thru Will.
HO-LEE-SHIT, I would have lost my mind if he tried to pull some ish like this on me. On an unrelated note, I am still waiting on my Group Buy purchase to show up. . . . .

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HO-LEE-SHIT, I would have lost my mind if he tried to pull some ish like this on me. On an unrelated note, I am still waiting on my Group Buy purchase to show up. . . . .
I've been really curious about the people involved in the group buys. I hope that Brian has at least contacted you guys to give you status updates. Right?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope he does not screw people out of their cash.
Assuming that everybody used a credit card as payment, I don't think he could really attempt that. But it would be a hassle if those guys had to submit a claim on their card. It would just be a PITA if the deal fell through.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been really curious about the people involved in the group buys. I hope that Brian has at least contacted you guys to give you status updates. Right?
Got a status update via email dated 3/5:

Date Ordered: Thursday 20 February, 2014

The comments for your order are

Hi XXXX,

We are getting ready to submit the Cobra Jet Steering Bulk order. Cobra Jet Steering has requested 7-10 days for processing. I will send you an update with a tracking number as soon as I receive it.

Thanks again for your order!
Gretchen
972-358-5367

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: On Order - Pend Trk

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
People who paid by credit card will be fine. If he does not respond soon I would dispute the charge ASAP. Buy direct from Will or Jeff depending on your product of choice.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got a status update via email dated 3/5:

Date Ordered: Thursday 20 February, 2014

The comments for your order are

Hi XXXX,

We are getting ready to submit the Cobra Jet Steering Bulk order. Cobra Jet Steering has requested 7-10 days for processing. I will send you an update with a tracking number as soon as I receive it.

Thanks again for your order!
Gretchen
972-358-5367

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: On Order - Pend Trk

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
That's great. Glad to see that they are working on it.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got the same message as Devildog. Not worried about it. Yet