• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Whassup whassup?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome

Any pictures of your current boat?

SmartAss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmm.... I'm sure I have plenty, now can I pull em up real quick, I dunno. And it's a little dark now to walk down to the dock probably.... well... I could but wouldn't be a great pic.

You can catch a clip of it in a Youtube video I have up, set to skip right to the boat, only shows the back end of it though gassing it up--

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's probably the one parked at the boat show next to his $4500 gas can (oof)

SmartAss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a similar boat, but not mine. Atlanta Marine, the local Supra dealer, invited us into their booth to show off the Fuel Mule. And yeah, they're not cheap, they're not for everybody, but that thing would change your life for the better. I save more than the purchase price in fuel savings every single year. And the time and convenience savings are priceless. So much faster than boating to a marina.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Assuming gas is $6 on water and $3 at the station, for easy math purposes, you would need to burn 1500 gallons or fill your boat 30 times Fully, to pay for that thing. Not counting taxes or freight

not calling BS, but I won’t be doing that in 5 years let alone one. But hey, it’s pretty cool. And that’s the price for cool

SmartAss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Assuming gas is $6 on water and $3 at the station, for easy math purposes, you would need to burn 1500 gallons or fill your boat 30 times Fully, to pay for that thing. Not counting taxes or freight

not calling BS, but I won’t be doing that in 5 years let alone one. But hey, it’s pretty cool. And that’s the price for cool

Everyone is different of course. But I save more than the purchase price on fuel every single year, for three years in a row now as I developed and refined this thing. Most of my customers, and my target market, are watersports enthusiasts, some of whom legit fill their boat up almost every day (the pro riders, and guys who run watersports schools). I'm no pro, just a dude that lives on a lake and loves the water-- we fill up about 2x a week for about a 6 month long season. Lots of surfing, some wakeboarding and wakeskating. And some cross lake trips for dinner and such... oh, and tubing.

For me it's not just about saving money, but time! I save about 10min compared to going to the marina and back, and that's assuming A) there's not a line for the pump, and B) the pump is working properly and not pumping at 1gal/min like it does a few times a year.

Then there's two other camps-- the guy that lives a few miles from a marina, or doesn't have a marina at all near them on their lake. And then guy that has the supercharged boat that requires premium fuel, that's often not available on the lake. If you live a distance from a marina, you'll save a ton of fuel not lugging your boat across the water just to fill up, and burn an 1/8th of a tank getting back home!

And man, the convenience of having a full tank sitting next to the house mid-birthday party when tubing those kids and running low on fuel, letting the party continue 5 minutes later? Priceless!

I know it won't be for everyone, that's cool! And you're right... it is really, really cool. This is on 4x Wakesurf Champ Sean Silviera, and current Wakesurf Champ Jett Lambert's dock last week. They were giddy to have this thing. They were lugging SO MANY jugs to that dock before. No more!

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was filling up a wakeboard boat and 4 to 6 pwc's at least once a week and did it with a wheeled fuel caddy similar to the one in the link. Maxed out at 28 gallons each -- had 4 of them. They were easy to slide down off the tailgate when full and take to the dock. No trailer needed!
Roughneck Gas Caddy — 25-Gallon, Poly | Northern Tool

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you guys noticed the warehouse clubs not allowing you to fill over 6 gallon cans? In Fargo, they state it's a law. I've never dug into it any deeper as I use 5-6 gallon cans. I like the idea of the poly rolling tanks, but that kept me from buying one.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you guys noticed the warehouse clubs not allowing you to fill over 6 gallon cans? In Fargo, they state it's a law. I've never dug into it any deeper as I use 5-6 gallon cans. I like the idea of the poly rolling tanks, but that kept me from buying one.
It's likely a corporate suggestion to keep the lines moving. I looked up the capacity to legally carry in Florida at one point and recall it being around 50 gallons.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's likely a corporate suggestion to keep the lines moving. I looked up the capacity to legally carry in Florida at one point and recall it being around 50 gallons.
You're probably right on the corporate suggestion, and since it can be different from state to state, they set a one-size-fits-all-or-suck-it policy.

Same with things such As CO2, I'm certified up to multiple thousands of hazardous materials, but I have posting requirements depending on the amount. 19 CO2 tanks up to 20lbs can be hauled with no placard in my state, but 20 requires signage and license endorsement, OR depending on the size/type of tank, it may not be exempted from signage no matter what.

As long as I follow the DOT guidelines for securing fuel, my limit is set by the location. Costco won't allow it, but Sam's Club hasn't got a clue in my area, nor have they ever said anything

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You're probably right on the corporate suggestion, and since it can be different from state to state, they set a one-size-fits-all-or-suck-it policy.

Same with things such As CO2, I'm certified up to multiple thousands of hazardous materials, but I have posting requirements depending on the amount. 19 CO2 tanks up to 20lbs can be hauled with no placard in my state, but 20 requires signage and license endorsement, OR depending on the size/type of tank, it may not be exempted from signage no matter what.

As long as I follow the DOT guidelines for securing fuel, my limit is set by the location. Costco won't allow it, but Sam's Club hasn't got a clue in my area, nor have they ever said anything
I never thought CO2 was considered dangerous. Strange but true.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My marina doesn't allow us to bring gas to our boats....really annoying. He wants to force us to use marina gas.
The first place we wet slipped our boat didn’t allow us to bring gas either. There was a public launch nearby that I would leave my truck with the cans, go get the boat and fill it up that way or I would pull the boat out, take it to a gas station and drop it back in. The second place we wet slipped couldn’t care any less what you did for gas, they didn’t sell it.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The first place we wet slipped our boat didn’t allow us to bring gas either. There was a public launch nearby that I would leave my truck with the cans, go get the boat and fill it up that way or I would pull the boat out, take it to a gas station and drop it back in. The second place we wet slipped couldn’t care any less what you did for gas, they didn’t sell it.
The owner of our marina has gone a little nuts. He won't allow owners to run trips for money, even if the boat owner goes to a public dock for pick up! Now he's also not allowing anyone to work on other people's boats on the property (wants them using his mechanic). He's pissing off a lot of customers but he's got one of only two marinas in town, so he's got the only supply....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The owner of our marina has gone a little nuts. He won't allow owners to run trips for money, even if the boat owner goes to a public dock for pick up! Now he's also not allowing anyone to work on other people's boats on the property (wants them using his mechanic). He's pissing off a lot of customers but he's got one of only two marinas in town, so he's got the only supply....
Welocome to the Southern "Good 'ol Boy" network.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No gas on the docks/slips is explicitly listed in my lease. Also can’t have someone work on it either. With a huge waiting list most of the slip holders abide by the rules.

No limit of fuel in cans at the Sam’s club where I am.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never thought CO2 was considered dangerous. Strange but true.
The pressurized tanks are only a problem if the valves are knocked off, but the inhalation risk is the more likely problem to be encountered.

If it's a 20lb tank, you can transport up to 19 of those with no hazmat certification, but if you have even a single 50lb tank (or larger), it's required, and must be noted on at least 3 sides of the transporting vehicle.

I got a "show it's fixed" ticket once after the front placard came off. Went to the police station with a stick-on version, and I was cleared. Dumb, but I was thankful for that type of ticket vs an improper transport ticket. I didn't argue with their process

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I didn’t realize how much of a PIA shipping compressed gas was until the last month. We use fluorine/neon gas as a consumable in an excimer laser that we sell and high purity helium ito flush the laser source during service. We have certification to ship this type of stuff (hazmat) but our customers don’t so we have to handle shipping both ways.