• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

19ft Transom bag order

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
How much weight in the front. Can't wait for mine to get here fucking UPS is dragging their asses
Well one us sat in the front surf side so I’m about 215, lol.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes need someone sitting in the bow to help get the boat to not plow as bad making it easier to get up and out of the water.

I was however able to get slack in the rope while surfing today which was a first time off the back of my 192! My newb buddy driving the boat was not skilled enough to understand how to keep the pocket formed while applying small throttle and steering inputs but we had a blast. I think with a better driver I could have gone ropeless today..so close!

sl;lack.jpg pocket.jpg wave1.jpg wave2.jpg

I also almost lost my pinky finger today too lol. I was surfing and fell forward while holding some of the slack rope and handle. As I fell I tried to toss it out to the side but my finger went right into the bundle of rope and I could feel the rope tighten around it!! Thankfully it pulled away just in time or my buddy driving the boat might of had a finger come flying back to him with the rope recoil :D

pinky2.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
About the 1:20 mark is where the magic starts happening. We had to bump the speed down to 9.5 on the GPS and all was good after that.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice job @jcyamaharider ! I wished my buddy was as smooth as a driver as you had on that 19' boat! I could certainly feel the speed and push once he would get the boat settled in. Is Ridesteady or PP installed on that boat? Nicely done!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
About the 1:20 mark is where the magic starts happening. We had to bump the speed down to 9.5 on the GPS and all was good after that.

Holy crap, that is a great looking wave!!!
ALmost makes me want my 190 back, lol

@Arcadyus do you copy this, man?

That music is annoying - I would rather hear the engine. When the clip started I thought the engine in a 192 sounded real weird...

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There was top secret chatter going on so I had to cover that up.

Just factory throttle control and bumps with cruise assist.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

That music is annoying - I would rather hear the engine. When the clip started I thought the engine in a 192 sounded real weird...

--
This was on a 195.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This was on a 195.
My bad!

EDIT: It is hard to tell from the sig/avatar window only lists all 19s as 19s...
--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is an option to use SX192 or AR192 in the profile but the @Administrative haven't added the 195 series yet.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

--
Copy. I had everyone in my office in here just now and said I fucking told you guys it was possible. I can't wait till tomorrow. I'm staying home from work just so I don't miss the dumbass UPS driver. That video was so awesome. It made my whole week, and gave me a goal.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice job @jcyamaharider ! I wished my buddy was as smooth as a driver as you had on that 19' boat! I could certainly feel the speed and push once he would get the boat settled in. Is Ridesteady or PP installed on that boat? Nicely done!
No ride steady or PP, just my excellent driving ability lol

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
His ability to surf was most of it, he’s good.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
This was not with the custom bag, but I did try to place the weight in the same spot to have the same affect. This was about 600 lbs on the upper swim deck on surf side. It was a real pain to get this bag to stay put. Sure makes the custom bag look like the way to go. I've tried everything with up to 1800lbs and this is the best wave it has made.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This was not with the custom bag, but I did try to place the weight in the same spot to have the same affect. This was about 600 lbs on the upper swim deck on surf side. It was a real pain to get this bag to stay put. Sure makes the custom bag look like the way to go. I've tried everything with up to 1800lbs and this is the best wave it has made.
That’s nice, your further back from the boat then we were, what speed were you running anything else in the boat except the bag on the deck?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice vid! Part of me wanted to see you nail it and just roost him goodbye with all that power your boat has :D

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
That’s nice, your further back from the boat then we were, what speed were you running anything else in the boat except the bag on the deck?
Only myself, 9 year old son and 2 small coolers in the boat. Going 10.2 mph we tried different speeds, and that is what looked best. After watching the video I realized I kept driving through a shallow spot and washing the wave out. Seemed like a weird coincidence that he fell out of the wave at the same location 3 times in a row.

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So jealous!! One day I’ll bite the bullet and get myself a 195. Till then I’ll enjoy all the awesome surf post.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Finally got my ballast about 420 actually lol.

CBallr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Nice work guys! absolutely awesome.