• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

19ft Transom bag order

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Went ropeless today for about 15 seconds. Then my board got stuck in between the swim deck and the ballast lol. Also by getting a bit better at filling it up we gained about a foot in height. The wave was coming up to about our waist. I do think in my boat that another 250-300 lbs in the bow even of the floor would be great. Think it would lengthen the pocket a bit.
MVIMG_20180806_185157.jpg MVIMG_20180806_185203.jpg

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
After watching @jcyamaharider video again that ballast wasn't close to as far back as I had mine. I think I need to move my ballast forward more and maybe I'll get the swim platform under water.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
After watching @jcyamaharider video again that ballast wasn't close to as far back as I had mine. I think I need to move my ballast forward more and maybe I'll get the swim platform under water.
I was just going to say move the bag back a bit. Not only will this help with moving the weight back but this will keep the bag off your cushions and keep the vents open under the seats. It could be just the angle of your picture as well.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@SCP1 I haven't forgotten about you. We have been moving ( into our camper at that) and we are totally displaced right now. I will get your video to you soon.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I was just going to say move the bag back a bit. Not only will this help with moving the weight back but this will keep the bag off your cushions and keep the vents open under the seats. It could be just the angle of your picture as well.
Yeah under the bag there is a ton of air space for the engine to stay cool. But your right it does need to go closer to the water.

Austin Archambeau

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to get in on the order for the 19ft Transom bag as well as a pump. Is it too late? What do you need from me to get my order in? Thanks

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would like to get in on the order for the 19ft Transom bag as well as a pump. Is it too late? What do you need from me to get my order in? Thanks
Austin,

PM your shipping info and and an email and I will send you an invoice.

CBallr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a mission delta in my possession currently.

@Arcadyus or anyone else with the bag, 2 questions.

1) how far does the transom sink into the water when driving 10-12 mph?
2) how much jet wash are you getting.

With that bag, I'm wondering if delaying would work with the transom sunk and if the jet wash is buried enough to allow the delay. Could delta + bag = nice wave. Maybe add a swim locker bag into that equation?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

With that bag, I'm wondering if delaying would work with the transom sunk and if the jet wash is buried enough to allow the delay. Could delta + bag = nice wave. Maybe add a swim locker bag into that equation?
10.2ish on the speedometer is where it is at. I know Yamaha stated the Wakebooster is for the 21 & 24, I wonder if it would fit on the 19’?

CBallr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
10.2ish on the speedometer is where it is at. I know Yamaha stated the Wakebooster is for the 21 & 24, I wonder if it would fit on the 19’?
Not sure. Says 21 to 24' Yamahas

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

My lower swim deck is in the water when I place it properly.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure. Says 21 to 24' Yamahas
After looking at multiple pictures it appears the section where the WakeBooster attaches under the swim platform is small then on the 21’ & 24’ and that’s why it won’t work on the 19’.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The main purpose of the Wakebooster as well as the WakeWedge is to knock down the jet wash from the surf side jet on a twin engine boat, for a cleaner wave. This is why @jcyamaharider has stated many times that the wedge is not needed on the 19 footers. Ballast is what affects the size of the wave. The WakeWedge and Wakebooster just clean it up.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The main purpose of the Wakebooster as well as the WakeWedge is to knock down the jet wash from the surf side jet on a twin engine boat, for a cleaner wave. This is why @jcyamaharider has stated many times that the wedge is not needed on the 19 footers. Ballast is what affects the size of the wave. The WakeWedge and Wakebooster just clean it up.
That's correct, but the Yamaha Booster also looks to be designed to work as a "scooper" of sorts wherein it will help "dig" the stern in deeper. Kind of like the original Malibu Power Wedge. In theory that would permit surfing with no transom bags. WIll it work that way? I have my reservations.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The WakeBooster is not like the Malibu wedge which acts as a reverse hydrofoil. A plow for water if you will. A LOT of power is generated from the Malibu / Axis wedge. It basically simulates thousands of lbs of ballast by pulling the stern deep into the water. You need to drive a Malibu or Axis boat with the wedge to really feel just how influential the wedge is. You can literally feel the boat being pulled down its kind of crazy feeling. It almost feels like you're pulling a massive anchor or parachute underwater. As soon as it's deployed YOU KNOW IT! The boat also handles completely different with it deployed. This year is they release the Power Wedge III which is supposed to be even more influential which is nuts to think about it after having driven with the Wedge II (manual version).

The Yamaha WakeBooster is not going to see those levels of power or stress on the boat. It is more of a jet wash diverter than anything. That's all it is designed to do is pull the water flowing from the corner of the boat and channel it to throw water against the side of the jet thrust which will push it to one side. Whatever force is being applied would cancel itself since it has an exit path. The Malibu wedge basically acts like a big shovel pulling the boat down so this is not what he Yamaha thing does.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The WakeBooster is not like the Malibu wedge which acts as a reverse hydrofoil. A plow for water if you will. A LOT of power is generated from the Malibu / Axis wedge. It basically simulates thousands of lbs of ballast by pulling the stern deep into the water. You need to drive a Malibu or Axis boat with the wedge to really feel just how influential the wedge is. You can literally feel the boat being pulled down its kind of crazy feeling. It almost feels like you're pulling a massive anchor or parachute underwater. As soon as it's deployed YOU KNOW IT! The boat also handles completely different with it deployed. This year is they release the Power Wedge III which is supposed to be even more influential which is nuts to think about it after having driven with the Wedge II (manual version).

The Yamaha WakeBooster is not going to see those levels of power or stress on the boat. It is more of a jet wash diverter than anything. That's all it is designed to do is pull the water flowing from the corner of the boat and channel it to throw water against the side of the jet thrust which will push it to one side. Whatever force is being applied would cancel itself since it has an exit path. The Malibu wedge basically acts like a big shovel pulling the boat down so this is not what he Yamaha thing does.
Looking at several video clips of the Booster the pull/drag is going to be anything but subtle!
And it shouldn't be. The thing is angled down and forward, it digs into the water and pushes the stern down! (there is less/no need for ballast).
I highly doubt it does not feel like dragging an anchor, lol.

EDIT: I'm very familiar with Malibu Power Wedge.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length