• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 ar190 alarm sound

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hey guys 2012 ar190. Alarm sounds and when you touch m on gauge al biinks. My wife somehow manage to scroll through and found and error code 75, any of you yammy guys out there dealt with this issue. Thanks

N140

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found on a 2012 212x it is a water pressure/flow to the engine cooling system warning. Could be a sensor or damage to impeller. No first hand knowledge on this, just what i found on the web. They also said the boat shouldn't go into no wake mode with this.

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks I will check the impeller. It seems to have good flow coming out and not close to running hot.

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have the Yamaha AR 190

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My research into error code 75 finds the following:

Error 75 means that there is not enough water pressure in the engine cooling system. If the engine is running with the boat on plane there is no issue as enough water pressure is present to have the engine run normally. The engine will not go into "NO Wake" mode as a self protection feature. This could be indicative of a damaged impeller or failed coolant pressure switch regardless of whether water is seen coming out of the pee holes. This can happen if you are running on a hose in the driveway with not enough water pressure.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is the alarm going off while at the lake? You mention you have strong stream out the pisser so that makes me thing the cooling system is working and the strainer isn't clogged or obstructed by debris. If you're getting good thrust performance then I would think the impeller is providing sufficient thrust to the strainer for the cooling system flow.

If the alarm is going off while the boat is on the hose but not going off at the lake then either something is clogging the coolant system lines from the flush port or you don't have enough water pressure at the house/faucet. If you're getting strong flow out the pissers then the coolant system should be operating correctly so perhaps a bad temp sensor issue. Did your gauge readout happen to say "over temp"?

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Any time I have experienced overheat alarm issue I check the engine and exhaust with a non contact thermometer to be sure the engine is not actually overheating. It usually ends up being a bad heat sensor, with Yamaha it is quite common .

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Strong out the pisser and stronger on plane. I havnt hooked up to the hose yet. No over temp issues, the water is barely warm coming out. The wife did see the error code 75. I did see a low voltage come up but it's a brand new battery and reading 14 on the dash while running and over 12 off. No upgrades to stereo yet and havnt sat long enough to drain it. Boat performs and is running great. Just the alarm and the no wake switch is not working. Last weekend alarm came on 2x and was good. This time as soon as it came off trailer it came on and well can't get it off. Thanks for your reply

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sounds like a bad sensor, the last one I had issues with would go off as soon as you started the engine , obviously the engine was stone cold, had a sensor replaced and no issues after that , however you can also check your engine ground wire from the battery and insure it is a clean contact where it is bolted to the engine. Bad grounds can cause intermittent issues with electronics.

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will do, I checked the battery wires and was good. I will try to fig it out and let all know the outcome. Thanks for all the input.

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I've tried to run on hose to see if alarm goes off and well no change. I called the dealer to see if they could hook up code reader, well the only one they have was out on a water test and they are about 3 weeks behind. So are there any Yamaha techs on here and can I buy one of the ydis tools. Thanks for all of yalls input.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have no idea with the electronics and codes on these boats. Maybe @Mainah knows of this code?

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey thanks. I saw where there is a topic on all the codes. 75 says it's due to low water pressure or a damaged impeller. It's kind of odd to me being that it seems to have a really good stream and very strong on plane. I'm just gonna try to find another dealership that might diagnose while I wait, well at least not a 3 week turnaround time. When I get it fig out I will let y'all know so it might be helpful in the future.