• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240

Anthony

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I am a new owner and have two issues looked over the forum but didn't find any solutions. First issue is more of an annoyance in that the connext system shuts off everytime I kill the blower since I use Bluetooth for my music it takes a minute to get all back in sync is there a workaround? Second issue is the tower being in Texas we like to have the Bimini top open when we are out but the ski rope rubs the bottom of the cover the whole time. I haven't tried having the rope on top of the Bimini but will try tomorrow. Any suggestions to these issues will be appreciated thank you. Anthony

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What setting do you have your rear legs for the Bimini top? I don't have the boat but the rope goes under the top and the bimini should have a little flipped up rear lip. This video may help you

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
When you stop, shut one engine off than turn the key back to the on position before shutting the second engine off.

Last edited:

Anthony

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. Heading out now for the lake you all have a great Sunday.

Jose galvez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No. That's wrong. Once you shut your engine off and your going to just listen to music. Turn your engine switch off in battery compartment. Just push any button on the connext and your radio will turn on. Blower switch is connected to engine. That is the correct way. Learn it the hard way. With a jump.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No. That's wrong. Once you shut your engine off and your going to just listen to music. Turn your engine switch off in battery compartment. Just push any button on the connext and your radio will turn on. Blower switch is connected to engine. That is the correct way. Learn it the hard way. With a jump.
You can do this to turn the radio on, but I think that the point of the original post is that when you turn your engines off, the radio turns off at the same time unless you are running the blower. It's a pita when you have to turn your radio back on after turning the engines off. I've never tried @Williamsone46 's process; will try it myself next time I'm out.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I am a new owner and have two issues looked over the forum but didn't find any solutions. First issue is more of an annoyance in that the connext system shuts off everytime I kill the blower since I use Bluetooth for my music it takes a minute to get all back in sync is there a workaround? Second issue is the tower being in Texas we like to have the Bimini top open when we are out but the ski rope rubs the bottom of the cover the whole time. I haven't tried having the rope on top of the Bimini but will try tomorrow. Any suggestions to these issues will be appreciated thank you. Anthony
I've always put my rope on top of the bimini.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I have an older boat and do not know how these new ones are wired but wouldn't killing the engine switch kill power to all accessories like bilge? I personally wouldn't do this and if you killed the battery in a short time I would say something else is wrong. If you were playing the stereo for hours on end you need to upgrade the group size of your battery or add a second battery.