• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Ar210 slow mph

mahtin15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got this boat and I'm reading it should be in the mid 40s at least for mph. I am only getting about 35-37mph at 7500 rpm. Both motors only have about 65 hours on them. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Pretty open ended question for a low speed issue. Need more info:
  1. What elevation are you at?
  2. What was the boat load like with humans, coolers, animals, etc.?
  3. Were you running on a lake or up a river current?
  4. What was the wind?
  5. How humid and/or hot was it that day?
  6. How was your weight distributed across the boat?
  7. Have you checked your oil to be sure it's not overfilled?
  8. Have you checked your air filter to be sure it's not soaked in oil?
  9. Have you replaced your spark plugs recently?
I would say your RPM's look slightly low, but not horrible, and could be completely explained by climate/elevation/weight.

mahtin15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty open ended question for a low speed issue. Need more info:
  1. What elevation are you at?
  2. What was the boat load like with humans, coolers, animals, etc.?
  3. Were you running on a lake or up a river current?
  4. What was the wind?
  5. How humid and/or hot was it that day?
  6. How was your weight distributed across the boat?
  7. Have you checked your oil to be sure it's not overfilled?
  8. Have you checked your air filter to be sure it's not soaked in oil?
  9. Have you replaced your spark plugs recently?
I would say your RPM's look slightly low, but not horrible, and could be completely explained by climate/elevation/weight.
1. 555'
2. 2 humans and a small dog
3. Lake
4. Not sure
5. Very hot and humid
6. Even??
7. Nope, not sure how to do that but I'll look it up
8. Same answer as 7
9. Just bought the boat so I haven't done anything

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
1. 555'
2. 2 humans and a small dog
3. Lake
4. Not sure
5. Very hot and humid
6. Even??
7. Nope, not sure how to do that but I'll look it up
8. Same answer as 7
9. Just bought the boat so I haven't done anything
If you JUST bought the boat, even from a dealer, for sure spend the money to change your oil and spark plugs. You can get ahead of many issues with that simple maintenance

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure when cold and level the oil reads pretty close to the low mark on the dipstick. Either way, I have always averaged around 38-39 with a full tank and 4 people. Two people on a half tank will sometimes get me 40-41. Not that I run my boat at top end for very long but it is a good indicator of how she’s doing. They aren’t powerhouses so every little thing (as mentioned above) affects top end on the TR-1’s. Oil level, humidity, elevation, temperature, weight, etc…..

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hot days and Humidly will easily kill 5+MPH on my 210 at sea level.

mahtin15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you JUST bought the boat, even from a dealer, for sure spend the money to change your oil and spark plugs. You can get ahead of many issues with that simple maintenance
So I just ran it about 10 minutes on the water. Stopped and waited about 7 minutes. Checked the oil level and it was above the full line on the dipstick. Is that normal for just running it? If not do I just need to pump some oil out?

I did order a full oil/plug change kit and will switch it all out next week, just wondering what I can do to improve performance over the weekend.

Also my air filter has like a blue on it... Picture attached.... What would that be from?

Attachments

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The blue reminds me of fogging oil used for winterization. Not sure how it would get in the filter unless it was accidentally sprayed on it while fogging the intake.

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As for performance, make sure the impellers are clear from debris just in case you sucked anything up. Spark plugs would be the more immediate result for performance.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah. You want to be about midway between the full and low marks when warm. You will swear after a month your Yammie is producing oil.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I just ran it about 10 minutes on the water. Stopped and waited about 7 minutes. Checked the oil level and it was above the full line on the dipstick. Is that normal for just running it? If not do I just need to pump some oil out?

I did order a full oil/plug change kit and will switch it all out next week, just wondering what I can do to improve performance over the weekend.

Also my air filter has like a blue on it... Picture attached.... What would that be from?
you want the oil to be between the 2 oil lines, defiantly not higher then the top line, even after running. I would drop the level.

mahtin15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you want the oil to be between the 2 oil lines, defiantly not higher then the top line, even after running. I would drop the level.
Again. Newbie here...... How do you propose to "lower the level"? Just pump some out?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
yea pump it out, start with 1 cup then recheck after running for a min. In a pinch if you don't have a pump you could probably get away with a turkey baster.