• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
bronze10 is down to one engine.. looks like a stuck injector. I have trim tabs.. it will just be me on the boat.. with tabs i am hoping to make plane.
I can take 2 extra people on my chap. Let me know.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
As embarrassed as I am to ask
Does anyone have room to take Sarah (no gear or belongings)back to Florida tomorrow?
We are leaving with 2 skis not 4.
I can do that. I have space on my chap

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm leaving in the morning either with or ahead of the group. I'm gonna run the bad engine until the damn thing blows up or makes it to Florida! I'm hoping I can find the sweet spot where it burns the fuel that is being dumped. It is dumping less fuel than wide open throttle so hope fully it will last.. Even if it makes it half way I'll limp the rest of the way... Stleast this happened the night before fire going home. It would have sucked if it happened when we gor here...

ThatJeepGirl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you tell them you were quoted $50 a day for slips?
When we closed out, they would not BUDGE on price. I’m honestly very disappointed in this trip with regard to getting what we pay for. FYI...I’m also pretty sure the electrical connection in the water is what rusts out our plate on the swim deck. I truly understand that we are not here to be in the room, but the accommodations this year were far worse than what we have had the last two years. While I understand that we are here for he water, we are also paying 400.00 a night (not including the 72.00 dock fee that was supposed to be 50.00). It would just be nice to have a warm shower with SOME type of water pressure. The pool is really the one thing that has “made the stay” in the past and it’s on its way out. The new management will need a complete over haul to being this place close to what it was.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When we closed out, they would not BUDGE on price. I’m honestly very disappointed in this trip with regard to getting what we pay for. FYI...I’m also pretty sure the electrical connection in the water is what rusts out our plate on the swim deck. I truly understand that we are not here to be in the room, but the accommodations this year were far worse than what we have had the last two years. While I understand that we are here for he water, we are also paying 400.00 a night (not including the 72.00 dock fee that was supposed to be 50.00). It would just be nice to have a warm shower with SOME type of water pressure. The pool is really the one thing that has “made the stay” in the past and it’s on its way out. The new management will need a complete over haul to being this place close to what it was.
Not really making me want to stay there next year. We paid 400 a night for a 150 ft dock and enough hot water and water pressure for a 8 people. Wifi and direct tv worked great, 2 gas grills with enough gas to cook half the fish in Bimini. I know we are not there for the rooms but I am not about to pay that much money to sweat at night, have jacked up hot water, a toaster you have to hold down to work and nasty ice. The pool is great....so is ac after a long day.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I too was extremely disappointing with all the same issues others had with the Sands. Hopefully things will be better for the July group when the new management takes over.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I too was extremely disappointing with all the same issues others had with the Sands. Hopefully things will be better for the July group when the new management takes over.
Sadly the next place on this island to evolve into the next slum. I’m sure the houses on the southern canals were once the bomb! This place will become a dorm for employees.

Yours in boating
Cynnical eric

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sadly the next place on this island to evolve into the next slum. I’m sure the houses on the southern canals were once the bomb! This place will become a dorm for employees.

Yours in boating
Cynnical eric
My experience on the canals are very very different. And still less than the Sands. Sure we missed out on hangout with everybody at night but sometimes that's the price you have to pay.

ThatJeepGirl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not really making me want to stay there next year. We paid 400 a night for a 150 ft dock and enough hot water and water pressure for a 8 people. Wifi and direct tv worked great, 2 gas grills with enough gas to cook half the fish in Bimini. I know we are not there for the rooms but I am not about to pay that much money to sweat at night, have jacked up hot water, a toaster you have to hold down to work and nasty ice. The pool is great....so is ac after a long day.
The pool WAS great...now it’s falling apart, dark, and probably full of urine as there are NO restrooms. Last night they came in around 9:30 and kicked everyone out. They started throwing buckets of chemicals in it and kept it closed the rest of the night. I’m guessing the cleaning was needed, but I’ve never seen that before. I took pictures of all the broken tile, broken hairs, cigarettes floating in the water, and the HUGE holes in the bottom of the pool that are jagged and rough. It’s really falling apart.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The pool WAS great...now it’s falling apart, dark, and probably full of urine as there are NO restrooms. Last night they came in around 9:30 and kicked everyone out. They started throwing buckets of chemicals in it and kept it closed the rest of the night. I’m guessing the cleaning was needed, but I’ve never seen that before. I took pictures of all the broken tile, broken hairs, cigarettes floating in the water, and the HUGE holes in the bottom of the pool that are jagged and rough. It’s really falling apart.
Yea... i am already on Air BnB looking at houses for next june. I am not paying that kind of money for a place thats shity just cause thats where "everyone stays".

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, just give me a heads up about timing when you know. I assume @veedubtek is riding back over with you?
Yes, @veedubtek is riding back with us. We are going to TRY and hit 9am....but will likely be more like 930 once we get our crap together.....LOL

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, @veedubtek is riding back with us. We are going to TRY and hit 9am....but will likely be more like 930 once we get our crap together.....LOL
Thats perfectly fine with us. Later is better as far as we are concerned. We are in no rush. We are packed up mostly, but we need to load up and go see the dockmaster, for our screwing I guess from what everybody else is saying. So dont rush on our account.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I told @bronze10 but sounds like he may have other priorities right now but if he doesn’t want it I left a really nice 2.5 gallon no spill gas can In front of 18A someone can have if they like I forgot it on accident it does have 2.5 gallons of Fuel in it from Florida.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
bronze10 is down to one engine.. looks like a stuck injector. I have trim tabs.. it will just be me on the boat.. with tabs i am hoping to make plane.
My SX230 ran 18mph, on plane, trimmer out, with one engine idling.