• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
AD80E52C-EC13-4D6B-AE33-CF8A4149F832.jpeg We hop from gator to gator like in that Atari game Pitfall lol

I did, however, get to play TowBoat

Luckily a bigger boat saw us and offered to tow them the rest of the way....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Valerie What was the outcome of the boyfriend fiasco? Heard from @veedubtek that he was spotted at Port Everglades...so he made it across....

I made it back to Raleigh at 7pm this evening! WOOT

Back to work tomorrow.

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was incorrect @Julian , was not him that I saw.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Valerie What was the outcome of the boyfriend fiasco? Heard from @veedubtek that he was spotted at Port Everglades...so he made it across....

Back to work tomorrow.
So he was at harbor Town when we arrived
Sarah got her keys and told him to get a ride home....
But she did trailer his skis back to North Carolina though.....
I can’t say I would have been as kind, but to each their own
Glad you guys made it back safe
I will have pictures and video in the near future......

Last edited by a moderator:

Girlfriend

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC

Back to work tomorrow.
Ft Lauderdale police found him loading the skis at the marina around 10:30 PM. They told him he had to stay there and give her back her things in the morning. I saw him walking down the street by the marina as I was leaving.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ft Lauderdale police found him loading the skis at the marina around 10:30 PM. They told him he had to stay there and give her back her things in the morning. I saw him walking down the street by the marina as I was leaving.
Hmm... I feel like we need to know more!!!!
I thought your ski was named "boyfriend", wasn't it?

Just wondering...

You know, last year we have had an after Bimini treat entitled "The Odyssey of An Immature Captain" by Captain @Betik riding "Blue Yonder"

This year's Bimini saga sounds more like "50 Shades of Bimini..." by Captain @Girlfriend riding "Boyfriend"
:D

--

Girlfriend

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Hmm... I feel like we need to know more!!!!
I thought your ski was named "boyfriend", wasn't it?

Just wondering...

You know, last year we have had an after Bimini treat entitled "The Odyssey of An Immature Captain" by Captain @Betik riding "Blue Yonder"

This year's Bimini saga sounds more like "50 Shades of Bimini..." by Captain @Girlfriend riding "Boyfriend"
:D

--
LOL...yes, my ski is named boyfriend and he doesn’t give me any trouble!!! Crazy story...a boyfriend/girlfriend in our condo had a fight on Friday afternoon at a place we were hanging out. He left and went back to the condo, packed up everything, including all her stuff (clothes, passport, wallet, credit cards, cash, etc) and took off at 5:10PM for Ft Lauderdale driving one ski and had the other ski in tow. I gave her some clothes and sat with her most of the evening while she made calls and
tried to figure out what to do and how to get her things back. She called Ft Lauderdale police and told them the story.
He got into the marina in Ft Lauderdale at 10:30PM. Police were waiting for him...the skis and trailer were his, but the trailer was hooked to her truck. Police made him wait overnight for her to get back in the morning. (We arrived around 8:30AM)...she got her stuff, unhooked the trailer and told him to find his own way back. But then I believe she agreed to haul the skis back, but not him. Last I saw as I was heading home, he was walking down the street near the marina...

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I kind of feel like I need to clarify a few things
I only knew Jay from last years crossing, I met him during that trip.
I have known Diana and Brenda (Girlfriend)
And the three of us had never met Sarah before this trip.
I couldn’t imagine anyone leaving me stranded in another country with complete strangers with only the bathing suit I had on.

This was definitely a whirlwind adventure in the books, that’s for sure.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL...yes, my ski is named boyfriend and he doesn’t give me any trouble!!! Crazy story...a boyfriend/girlfriend in our condo had a fight on Friday afternoon at a place we were hanging out. He left and went back to the condo, packed up everything, including all her stuff (clothes, passport, wallet, credit cards, cash, etc) and took off at 5:10PM for Ft Lauderdale driving one ski and had the other ski in tow. I gave her some clothes and sat with her most of the evening while she made calls and
tried to figure out what to do and how to get her things back. She called Ft Lauderdale police and told them the story.
He got into the marina in Ft Lauderdale at 10:30PM. Police were waiting for him...the skis and trailer were his, but the trailer was hooked to her truck. Police made him wait overnight for her to get back in the morning. (We arrived around 8:30AM)...she got her stuff, unhooked the trailer and told him to find his own way back. But then I believe she agreed to haul the skis back, but not him. Last I saw as I was heading home, he was walking down the street near the marina...
Holly Mackerel.

I think that story beats "The Odyssey..." for the drama!

--

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I couldn’t imagine anyone leaving me stranded in another country with complete strangers with only the bathing suit I had on.

It was a boneheaded move on his part. I think it was done on the spur of the moment in anger.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Are these the two that were in our group coming back last year? She hit her face on the ski just out side of the inlet?