• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Girlfriend

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I can’t imagin rushing off in anger to then find myself in the middle of the Atlantic by myself towing a jet ski and it getting dark. I’d say he was damn lucky someone sinister didn’t come along and take the skis and deep six him. Hope he learned a number of lessons.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It was a boneheaded move on his part. I think it was done on the spur of the moment in anger.
i think we have our first candidate for a JB.net eviction/banning ! then again, he's as involved here as a turnip, and 1/2 as mature.

Kudos for Sarah taking the high road, that took strength.......it would have been "unfortunate" if that trailer got a pair of flats in GA

I can’t imagin rushing off in anger to then find myself in the middle of the Atlantic by myself towing a jet ski and it getting dark. I’d say he was damn lucky someone sinister didn’t come along and take the skis and deep six him. Hope he learned a number of lessons.
I cant believe he survived that crossing ..... towing a jetski at near idle right ? how'd he have the fuel to make it ?. and in the dark.....

Hey @Bruce , can you edit his username to @bonehead ?

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i think we have our first candidate for a JB.net eviction/banning ! then again, he's as involved here as a turnip, and 1/2 as mature
I was going to ask if he was part of this event, or if he just showed up.

I was also curious if the girl that was brought home with the JB.net group started with our group, or if this was another example of the really great people here taking care of a random stranger.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
i think we have our first candidate for a JB.net eviction/banning ! then again, he's as involved here as a turnip, and 1/2 as mature.

Kudos for Sarah taking the high road, that took strength.......it would have been "unfortunate" if that trailer got a pair of flats in GA

I cant believe he survived that crossing ..... towing a jetski at near idle right ? how'd he have the fuel to make it ?. and in the dark.....

Hey @Bruce , can you edit his username to @bonehead ?
For anybody that wants to associate a face with the person who stranded his girlfriend in the middle of nowhere, here it is...

BCFCDE03-913A-4531-903F-EEC20CF0C5C0.jpeg

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's one crazy story. My family and I had lunch with Jay and Sarah and they both seemed like really nice people. I'm glad they made it back. Not to be insensitive, but I'm super curious about the solo ride back to the states. I wonder how much additional fuel he had? Did he start on one ski then once it ran out of gas, switch the tow ropes and used the gas from the other ski? If he would have only filmed it as you could guarantee it to be the only video on YouTube with such a crossing.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did he start on one ski then once it ran out of gas, switch the tow ropes and used the gas from the other ski?
I had a very brief chat with him before he left the marina. He said he and Sarah had an argument and he "was done". I suggested that he sleep it off and make a sound decision in the morning, and he said "no way - its the 3rd argument today and he was outta here". I said this was not a good idea and to please think it through, and he said..."I have...I'm gone, both skis are full, when one runs out I'll switch to the other" and he took off. We were hoping he'd cool off in the ocean and come to his senses and turn around, but apparently he did not. That could have ended very badly. All it would have taken is for his GPS to die, and he might have too. I did my best to convince him not to do it....but he was drunk and having none of it (in hindsight I could have called the bahamian cops and he'd have been arrested for BUI....but I didn't think of that).

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Holly Mackerel.

I think that story beats "The Odyssey..." for the drama!

--
Only if they had make up s*x when he arrived in GA.

PS1: as afoul as this might sound we only know what happened after the fight.

PS2: going to Bimini with a different partner every year huh !!!! Now I see why we referred to Bimini as “Paradise”

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843
I was driving on I-75 a Saturday and as I was approaching exit 374 it said " We Bare All". So that very moment it strike me on the head. The June group had it all. Boats stricken by lightening, boat crossing with a single functional engine and jetskis crossing in tow.
You are a COOL group.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I had a very brief chat with him before he left the marina. He said he and Sarah had an argument and he "was done". I suggested that he sleep it off and make a sound decision in the morning, and he said "no way - its the 3rd argument today and he was outta here". I said this was not a good idea and to please think it through, and he said..."I have...I'm gone, both skis are full, when one runs out I'll switch to the other" and he took off. We were hoping he'd cool off in the ocean and come to his senses and turn around, but apparently he did not. That could have ended very badly. All it would have taken is for his GPS to die, and he might have too. I did my best to convince him not to do it....but he was drunk and having none of it (in hindsight I could have called the bahamian cops and he'd have been arrested for BUI....but I didn't think of that).
Drunk ? That explains it all :)
Now imagine if he had been in Vegas ;)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For anybody that wants to associate a face with the person who stranded his girlfriend in the middle of nowhere, here it is...

View attachment 77987
Shoot me... He is the guy who crossed back with Tim/my group last year...

He was crossing with his wife (on her own ski) who apparently took a dive, smashed her face and split her mouth to the point she was bleeding uncontrollably. She was then helped by Juan and Trudie. We did not see the accident and there was no radio broadcast of it, but saw her later - it was brutal.

I don't think he even slowed down. Made very good time coming into the inlet right after me and @Amar Nanduri...

EDIT: I guess that's two strikes.

Is he coming back with the July group? (w/new partner? lol)

--

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Shoot me... He is the guy who crossed back with Tim/my group last year...

He was crossing with his wife (on her own ski) who apparently took a dive, smashed her face and split her mouth to the point she was bleeding uncontrollably. She was then helped by Juan and Trudie. We did not see the accident and there was no radio broadcast of it, but saw her later - it was brutal.

I don't think he even slowed down. Made very good time coming into the inlet right after me and @Amar Nanduri...

EDIT: I guess that's two strikes.

Is he coming back with the July group? (w/new partner? lol)

--
you are correct

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My crews video of the June trip we had a blast with everyone! The first song I selected just for @Betik