• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252SD Boattest performance disappointing

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
From my contact with Yamaha:

1) 25' boats were incorrectly listed as having 70 gallon tanks...they are 75 Gallon tanks
2) Speeds attained during testing are always a moving target, so many factors at play. We felt this was a little low too. Likely should be closer to 46-48 according to our internal tests.

akozar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Just read the latest Boattest.com results for the 2021 252SD. Top speed is down from 50.3 on the 240 series boats to 43.8 MPH - so the outgoing model is 15% faster than the new model. DBA ratings are also worse than the 240 series. Overall quite disappointing.
They should have turbocharged them like the 275. Big mistake I think. Probably will change in a year or two....Just one boaters opinion!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They should have turbocharged them like the 275. Big mistake I think. Probably will change in a year or two....Just one boaters opinion!
They offer the super charged engines in the 25' models. Just not this model.