• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x Yamaha swivel racks ?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The catalog calls them wakeboard racks. Do they hold surf boards as well? Or, the Zup board? My surf board is much thicker than a wake board (and thicker than some surf boards). My Zup and surf boards both fit in my krypt surf rack, so they are standard size.

Are all 4 slots the same size or mix/match?

@jcyamaharider

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My surf board fits in mine. There are two different size slots. Boat isnt here right now otherwise I'm measure it for you.
Tks. So probably a wake board slot and a surf board slot then. Same configuration on both sides? So, with 3-4 surf boards, they probably won’t all fit on the racks... I’m guessing. ??

Or, does your surf board fit in the smaller slot?

I’ve got a whole sheet of questions for the dealer after watching every video I could find (several times) and digesting info today after the show yesterday.

Tks!!

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The big slot in the swivel rack will hold the You Got This 2.0 Zup Board. Lots of.overhang, but it fits securely.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Tks. So probably a wake board slot and a surf board slot then. Same configuration on both sides? So, with 3-4 surf boards, they probably won’t all fit on the racks... I’m guessing. ??

Or, does your surf board fit in the smaller slot?

I’ve got a whole sheet of questions for the dealer after watching every video I could find (several times) and digesting info today after the show yesterday.

Tks!!
2 slots per side I'm pretty sure. One big, one small. Are you looking at a new model? If so, I thought I recall someone saying there were straps on the bimini to hold sups and surf boards??? Maybe I dreamed that though????

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, one wake board slot, one surf slot per side.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2 slots per side I'm pretty sure. One big, one small. Are you looking at a new model? If so, I thought I recall someone saying there were straps on the bimini to hold sups and surf boards??? Maybe I dreamed that though????
Well, I didn’t specifically look for that on the ‘19, but it didn’t jump out at me. Not sure how that would work, with that zippered sun roof.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah not sure about that. They have the solar panel integrated into the bimini and the large sunroof.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The catalog calls them wakeboard racks. Do they hold surf boards as well? Or, the Zup board? My surf board is much thicker than a wake board (and thicker than some surf boards). My Zup and surf boards both fit in my krypt surf rack, so they are standard size.

Are all 4 slots the same size or mix/match?

@jcyamaharider

Did you end up buying the Yamaha swivel board racks? The pictures on their website show 2 slots that appear to be the same size. Did the surf boards fit?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The stock racks have two different widths for the forks. I know in the Yamaha parts site it shows different racks with equal width forks. It also mentions the image may not represent the actual product, or something to that effect.

Below is a pic from a stock 2019 242X...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you end up buying the Yamaha swivel board racks? The pictures on their website show 2 slots that appear to be the same size. Did the surf boards fit?
If it is like the one that @haknslash posted - picture above - I have that one, the upper slot fits a surf board nicely. Will even fit a ZUP2.0 actually, which is a huge board, lol.

--

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is correct. the upper will fit a Zup or wakeboard...mine does anyway. The lower is more for skis or a wakeboard.

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up buying the Krypt Swivel rack from bulletlines.com. I only purchased one, so I could make sure it worked like I wanted. After one day on the boat, everything seems great. This is my first rack, but it’s pretty solid.

Attachments

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really want to fit our ZUP 2.0 You Got This in a rack. Can anyone confirm (and maybe post a link ;))?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It fits in a standard surf rack. I had the Krypt swivel posted above and now the Yamaha swivel. Fits in both. It’s a little wide, but with a tight bungee seems to be fine.

Livi0411

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Yamaha Deluxe Swivel Wakeboard rack arrived today and will NOT fit my ZUP 2.0 board. The Slingshot surf board that comes w/ the wakebooster kit will fit towards the end of the board but not the middle. Looking for a quality rack that fits the ZUP 2.0 and Slingshot board....any recommendations?

Attachments

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nope. That looks like a double wakeboard rack. The rack that comes with the X boats is a wakesurf/wakeboard rack. The surf slot is bigger and holds the Zup and surf boards. The other slot is for wakeboards which are much thinner.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also, give Bulletlines a call. They have a surf/surf rack, for Yamaha forward swept towers, that I used on my 210.

I don’t think it comes in black, though.