• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 XD

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
does the 252xe have the wakeboosters built in? i orginally was looking into a 2020 242x but none were avail, and now im torn with my choice 252/255 xe xd
From what I can tell, the only thing that makes the 252XE in the "Wake Series" is that it has rack mounts and tower speakers. No ballasts, no wakeboaster. 10K to get those 2 items, better stereo, 500 ponies, better transom seating, better color schemes (personal pref).

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
From what I can tell, the only thing that makes the 252XE in the "Wake Series" is that it has rack mounts and tower speakers. No ballasts, no wakeboaster. 10K to get those 2 items, better stereo, 500 ponies, better transom seating, better color schemes (personal pref).
252XE has ballasts - all of the X line has that.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
252XE has ballasts - all of the X line has that.
You're right, so confusing whats what. I found that the filter screen gives you some better ideas what each model has. No wake booster on 252XE. 10K is a lot for that and engine upgrade.

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
You're right, so confusing whats what. I found that the filter screen gives you some better ideas what each model has. No wake booster on 252XE. 10K is a lot for that and engine upgrade.
For sure - I can't understand why Yamaha went live without a simple comparison feature so buyers could figure out which model has what feature. Super confusing.
As far as I can tell here's the differences:
255XE adds over 252XE
- better stereo
- SVHO engines
- extended bimini vs regular
- 'custom cut' marine mat on the swim deck?
- wake booster
- better colors

I would have paid extra for the bimini, wakebooster and colors if they were separate options. Not $10K though.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For sure - I can't understand why Yamaha went live without a simple comparison feature so buyers could figure out which model has what feature. Super confusing.
255XE adds over 252XE
- better stereo
- SVHO engines
- wake booster
- better colors

I would have paid extra for the bimini, wakebooster and colors if they were separate options. Not $10K though
anyone find what sub options are any boats?

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
does the 252xe have the wakeboosters built in? i orginally was looking into a 2020 242x but none were avail, and now im torn with my choice 252/255 xe xd
Yes, 252xe has wakeboosters built in.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Yes, 252xe has wakeboosters built in.
Are you sure??? I came to the opposite conclusion trying to decipher the website.......which I may be wrong as nothing I have reviewed has been this confusing...ever

When you click on the 255XE and 255XD there is a picture of the built-in wakebooster tabs......when you click on the 252XE there is not the picture included.

I would be more excited about the 252XE if it does, so I do hope you are right.......

Last edited:

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Are you sure??? I came to the opposite conclusion trying to decipher the website.......which I may be wrong as nothing I have reviewed has been this confusing...ever

When you click on the 255XE and 255XD there is a picture of the built-in wakebooster tabs......when you click on the 252XE there is not the picture included.

I would be more excited about the 252XE if it does, so I do hope you are right.......
Actually looking closer at the pictures I'm not sure that it does. I'll put a call into the dealer tomorrow to check.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Actually looking closer at the pictures I'm not sure that it does. I'll put a call into the dealer tomorrow to check.
Click on “see all boats” from there you get a filter of technology, select wakebooster, only the 255s have it. @Julian also put together a nice spreadsheet of all models and options.

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Click on “see all boats” from there you get a filter of technology, select wakebooster, only the 255s have it. @Julian also put together a nice spreadsheet of all models and options.
Thanks. If that's correct then spreadsheet needs fixing since it lists the 252XE as including the wake which I presume means wakebooster?

1597714870361.png

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks. If that's correct then spreadsheet needs fixing since it lists the 252XE as including the wake which I presume means wakebooster?

View attachment 130737
I have since updated that grid to add another column for what Yamaha calls "integrated wake booster" or what most call wake gates. Their wake models simply refers generically to boats with wake options....namely ballast tanks/bags.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have since updated that grid to add another column for what Yamaha calls "integrated wake booster" or what most call wake gates. Their wake models simply refers generically to boats with wake options....namely ballast tanks/bags.

Nice work maestro!

One question: are we sure the 252S comes with the swim up seats as marked on your grid?

I’d try and figure it out myself but, well........if only........

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Nice work maestro!

One question: are we sure the 252S comes with the swim up seats as marked on your grid?

I’d try and figure it out myself but, well........if only........
Per the website, 252S has the swim up seats.

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Per the website, 252S has the swim up seats.
I do not see this, for the 252S, on the website. It’s confusing that Yamaha puts pics/video of ALL 25’ models on the page which is model-specific.

m3morgs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hopefully someone will figure out how to make aftermarket integrated Wakeboosters with the electric trimtabs (Lectrotabs) for instance 🙏

m3morgs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another thing the website specifically says on the 255 pages is the WAKE SPECIFIC HULL with a stern that sits lower in the water.. not sure if the 252 does not have the same hull. Maybe it doesn’t as it doesn’t have the integrated wake booster on the stern, or hopefully it has for the sake of not being efficient to have different 25’ hulls manufacturing lines...

255XE adds over 252XE
- better stereo
- SVHO engines
- wake booster
- better colors

I would have paid extra for the bimini, wakebooster and colors if they were separate options. Not $10K though.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Another thing the website specifically says on the 255 pages is the WAKE SPECIFIC HULL with a stern that sits lower in the water.. not sure if the 252 does not have the same hull. Maybe it doesn’t as it doesn’t have the integrated wake booster on the stern, or hopefully it has for the sake of not being efficient to have different 25’ hulls manufacturing lines...
Sounds like a marketing ploy - I can't imagine they'd design one hull for one boat, and another hull for the rest of the lineup...