• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 XD

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have since updated that grid to add another column for what Yamaha calls "integrated wake booster" or what most call wake gates. Their wake models simply refers generically to boats with wake options....namely ballast tanks/bags.

Thanks - appreciate the clarification. I've switched my order from a 252XE to a 255XD. If this is the boat I'm going to have for the next few years, I don't want to have regrets about missing features or a color scheme I don't like quite as much.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice work maestro!

One question: are we sure the 252S comes with the swim up seats as marked on your grid?

I’d try and figure it out myself but, well........if only........
I have that directly from my contact at Yamaha....now...could they be wrong....yes, so confirm with your salesman, but until I hear otherwise I'll believe Yamaha Corporate. Typically my direct info from Yamaha is accurate - they appreciate it when we point out mistakes on their website!

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I thought this attachment might assist with the discussion in this thread...cheers!
Thanks Stan!.....I for some reason cannot get the “compare” feature to work on my Ipad so I could not see this on the website......

Seems even this comparison has errors though?.......Unless wakeboard racks are now standard on the 252S, SE and SD????

Also, the S has a Windshield mirror standard but the SE and SD do not????

And Thirdly, why wouldn’t Yamaha show the Extended/fixed Bimini on the comaparison so people know they get the smaller on the S, and the larger fixed on the SE and SD........Did they just turn this project for the specs spreadsheet/website over to a summer intern????

E91D60A5-A3C4-4004-97AF-503B255541EE.png

The website and videos/pictures are very inconsistent (as mentioned on here already, if you are looking at a specific model (say the AR250) the video includes all of the 250/252’s).......

And check out the 212’s.......that video montage shows a guy wake surfing just fine behind a 212S........NOT the wake series boats! So I guess I can save $6K+ and just get a non-X series boat instead of the X..........

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And check out the 212’s.......that video montage shows a guy wake surfing just fine behind a 212S........NOT the wake series boats! So I guess I can save $6K+ and just get a non-X series boat instead of the X..........
If you are a competition level wake surfer....sure....they can surf pretty much any wake! Or just get a SUP and surf with that! LOL

But yes...their compare tool isn't the best. Someone just threw in DRIVE and didn't think about the other rows that say "Yamaha Drive Control" and how confusing that is!

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I am very interested in the 255 XE. Despite the ~ $100K OTD price, I still think they’re great value in comparison to other surfing boat:
1- The boat is more powerful, lighter and faster than the rest
2- The deep hull makes for much smoother ride And higher speed - I have a 2016 242 limited SE and I don’t recall ever getting passed by a wakesurfing boat
3- Finishes, reliability, low maintenance, stereo, shallow water capabilities, etc are better than the competition at the same price

My reservations are:
1- How good of a wake does it throw? I will need to see good Wakesurfing capabilities before making the purchase
2- Per the dealer in Houston, the warranty is only 1 year which is a joke for $100K newly designed boat with un-proven/tested supercharger reliability (a damaged supercharger could destroy the engines)
3- The dealer in Houston is trying to force on me a $6,000 aluminum trailer upgrade (he said, these are the only ones they order from Yamaha). I am sure that’s their ploy to make higher return.

P.s. the 2021 is 800 lbs heavier than the 2020 which makes me want to splurge on the supercharged engines which also some with the supersized bimini which I absolutely love for the amount of boating we do in Texas

Happy boating!

Last edited:

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I am very interested in the 255 XE. Despite the ~ $100K OTD price, I still think they’re great value in comparison to other surfing boat:
2- The deep hull makes for much smoother ride And higher speed - I have a 2016 242 limited SE and I don’t recall ever getting passed by a wakesurfing boat
3- finishes, reliability, low maintenance, shallow water capabilities, etc are better than the competition

My reservations are:
1- How good of a wake does it throw? I will need to see good Wakesurfing capabilities before making the purchase
2- Per the dealer in Houston, the warranty is only 1 year which is a joke for $100K newly design boat with un-proven/tested supercharger reliability (a damaged supercharger could destroy the engines)
3- The dealer in Houston is trying to force on me a $6,000 aluminum trailer upgrade (he said, these are the only ones they order from Yamaha). I am sure that’s their ploy to make higher return.
Go to ANY other manufacturers site and build a wake series (even the forward I/O’s)....much higher price than the XD....and the I/O’s max at 380hp....

So I agree the 255XE/XD with 500HP looks like a good value......IF it throws a good wave in standard form...TBD.

I cannot wait until the actual owners reports on here and YouTube.

Are they at $100k OTD for the XE??? As for the trailer issue, yes that should be YOUR call whether to upgrade or not since they are pre-ordering right now anyway (although i guess where your at you’ll deal with rust if you don’t???). These dealers have a lot more room on that $90k boat then the AR195’s they shouldn’t be that greedy....unless Yamaha is only building a limited few 255’s

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Digging through pictures I took last week, here are some blown up images of that area from the hull of the 255XD prototype and my 252SE. It's tough to tell on the 255XD because it's black, but the reflection gives the clear indication that the shape there is angled whereas it's not angled on the 252SE hull (which i think is the same hull as the 252XE).

Attachments

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Digging through pictures I took last week, here are some blown up images of that area from the hull of the 255XD prototype and my 252SE. It's tough to tell on the 255XD because it's black, but the reflection gives the clear indication that the shape there is angled whereas it's not angled on the 252SE hull (which i think is the same hull as the 252XE).
Have you taken possession of a 252SE already?

I wan’t aware any had shipped yet.

So we know if the head compartment has grown in height since the 250 series gained 4 inches in freeboard?

And yes that is a disappointment they didn’t use the 255 hull on the 252XE.....since it too is a “wake series” boat.....

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Have you taken possession of a 252SE already?

I wan’t aware any had shipped yet.

So we know if the head compartment has grown in height since the 250 series gained 4 inches in freeboard?

And yes that is a disappointment they didn’t use the 255 hull on the 252XE.....since it too is a “wake series” boat.....
My 252SE was delivered to my dealer Friday, I stopped by Saturday to make sure it's what we wanted--it is--and snapped some pics while we were there, the dealer is finishing all the prep and cleaning today, and I'm bringing it home tomorrow.

Not sure if the head gained a full 4" of height or not (I do know my 45" tall kid could stand up in there, not sure how much more room she had). I'll measure the standing height in there tomorrow after I pick it up and someone else will have to measure the standing height in a 240/242 for comparison.

The 255XD picture is one I snapped when the Yamaha Product Tour was at my dealer last Thursday and I stopped by to see the 255XD, the 255FSH, and the new Waverunners.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
My 252SE was delivered to my dealer Friday, I stopped by Saturday to make sure it's what we wanted--it is--and snapped some pics while we were there, the dealer is finishing all the prep and cleaning today, and I'm bringing it home tomorrow.

Not sure if the head gained a full 4" of height or not (I do know my 45" tall kid could stand up in there, not sure how much more room she had). I'll measure the standing height in there tomorrow after I pick it up and someone else will have to measure the standing height in a 240/242 for comparison.

The 255XD picture is one I snapped when the Yamaha Product Tour was at my dealer last Thursday and I stopped by to see the 255XD, the 255FSH, and the new Waverunners.
Haha that would be great....a taller head might mean the difference in going new over slightly used.....and congrat’s on the new boat too!

You might want to post a thread and some pics when you pick it up, since there are many of us wanting to see one and yet the fall boat shows have been cancelled in some of our areas.....

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Haha that would be great....a taller head might mean the difference in going new over slightly used.....and congrat’s on the new boat too!

You might want to post a thread and some pics when you pick it up, since there are many of us wanting to see one and yet the fall boat shows have been cancelled in some of our areas.....
Started this thread last Thursday: https://jetboaters.net/threads/25-footers-are-leaving-the-factory.29914/

I've added about a dozen pics in there so far (some added Friday, some Saturday) and I'll add more after I have it home tomorrow and can spend more time in it. If there are pics of any specific area folks want to see, let me know and I'll try to get them.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Started this thread last Thursday: https://jetboaters.net/threads/25-footers-are-leaving-the-factory.29914/

I've added about a dozen pics in there so far (some added Friday, some Saturday) and I'll add more after I have it home tomorrow and can spend more time in it. If there are pics of any specific area folks want to see, let me know and I'll try to get them.
Wow.....i somehow missed your thread.....i need to up my jeboaters.net game!

Good report, can’t wait to hear about the maiden voyage!

A lot of us will now live vicariously through you :winkingthumbsup"

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
3- Finishes, reliability, low maintenance, stereo, shallow water capabilities, etc are better than the competition at the same price

My reservations are:
2- Per the dealer in Houston, the warranty is only 1 year which is a joke for $100K newly designed boat with un-proven/tested supercharger reliability (a damaged supercharger could destroy the engines)

P.s. the 2021 is 800 lbs heavier than the 2020 which makes me want to splurge on the supercharged engines which also some with the supersized bimini which I absolutely love for the amount of boating we do in Texas

Happy boating!
This supercharged motor has been available in the 19' boats, 27' boats, and wave runners for years. By no means is this a new motor, I have not heard of any issues. Other than fuel consumption!

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
This supercharged motor has been available in the 19' boats, 27' boats, and wave runners for years. By no means is this a new motor, I have not heard of any issues. Other than fuel consumption!
Good to know! I still think that a 1 year warranty on $100K boat is a joke.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Good to know! I still think that a 1 year warranty on $100K boat is a joke.
Agreed, especially when many other boats of lesser value come with longer warranties.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I agree that it'd be nice if they came with longer warranties standard. They will often throw in extended warranties for free around boat show season or you can also purchase an extended warranty separately (current cost to extend to 5 years for 25ft boats is $2750).

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length