• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aargh... Milkshake Engine Oil... WTF? (Port Engine, 2016 AR240, ~300 hrs)

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the James Bond's look.

On the unrelated warranty topic...

A warranty is only as good as what is pays...I would feel much better about the value of the Yamalube warranty by finding out if it's ever paid anyone. The requirements for maintaining it and recording the maintenance seem very stringent. Best way I heard it expressed on how I feel about it... "It's free...like a puppy is free" seems like a lot of work for "free"...and then how much do you need to fight to collect? Anyway, rambling thoughts.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
EDIT: well, damage due to freezing, overheat, or fluid contamination (e.g. with water in oil) is EXCLUDED from coverage; so - there is that, lol.
So basically it's a great warranty and they are happy to cover anything..... unless something goes wrong. :winkingthumbsup" 😆

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So basically it's a great warranty and they are happy to cover anything..... unless something goes wrong. :winkingthumbsup"😆
Pretty much.
I read the PDF of the rules to better understand what's covered and what's excluded. Impressively put together, seems fool proof. It ascertains you would use a bunch of their supplies with zero risk to them ever needing to make a payout. Kind of brilliant, actually, lol.
It does enforce good PM habits, so not a bad idea all in all.

--

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty much.
I read the PDF of the rules to better understand what's covered and what's excluded. Impressively put together, completely fool proof. It ascertains you would use a bunch of their supplies with zero risk to them ever needing to make a payout. Kind of brilliant, actually, lol.

--
That said, I've had them fix a bunch of things under warranty, including a whole engine on my brand new LX210 after it grenaded 15 hours after I bought it. Analysis was that it had a bad crank shaft.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well in their defense they did cover my timing chain when it failed and they covered a bad heat sensor.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha also took care of @Patriot's issue and several other boats with broken TC etc, both under- and out of warranty, so yes, they have a pretty good track record as far as I can tell.

And let's face it, those Yamaha jet boat engines are extremely reliable, overall, no question about that. But - $hit breaks, anything mechanical. And that's how many of us make a living.

As far as my boat I just want to know what went wrong, and have her fixed. I love the no-winterization aspect of YJBs as use mine year round. That is generally only possible with outboards. But you can't use an outboard boat to wake surf! Therefore, I need this boat fixed.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Think the boat is back at the shop and they are involving Yamaha. I dont expect anything significant until January

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a word. All I know is they flushed that engine again, of course. Now, perhaps they paused to finish their winterization projects? or maybe waiting on a word from Yamaha? No idea.
I'm traveling this week, will call and check with them before Xmas. I'm dying to find out what it is, but have no reason to doubt what these guys are doing.

--

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just catching up on the thread.

When I was a kid, our boat engine stopped one day. Dad pulled the dipstick and it was a milkshake. This was on a small block Ford engine. He initially thought it was a bad head gasket, changed it out, and then had more milkshake. We then tore the engine down again, put both head out on the bench and finally found a small crack in one. What appeared to have happened in that case is that when the engine was idling, it would open the crack and allow cooling water into the oil passages. We ended up putting a new head on it and it worked fine.

For rinsing the water out of the crank case, my dad used cheap bulk oil. He would fill it up with the cheap oil, then run the engine without water until it was hot. he would then drain it, refill and repeat. We were out in the yard running the engine until well past midnight that first time we got it home. It took probably 8-10 refills to get all of the water out of the crank.

Hopefully this isn't a cracked head, but it sounds like they will get it sorted out. At least this is over the winter and not in the prime of boating season.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
did I miss an update or are you being an gigantic anal gap ?
No, no updates, yet.
I’ll get in touch with the SCBM next week to see if there is any progress, I’ve too much going on.
(the gmtech dude is just a troll)

Happy New Year jetboaters!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lol

More lolz

Karma's a b#tch
I really hope that someone has hacked his account and this is a unauthorized posting...if not DUDE you are one messed up individual. I've been a member of these boards for over 2.5 yrs and @swatski, HELL EVERYONE on this board has been helpful, gracious and most importantly empathtic towards our fellow members, especially to me and my inquiries. You sir (if this is from the owner of the account) should apologize, if not then you better be careful cause your "KARMA" will seek you out.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For the most part everyone on this board is great.... I think we all have our moments ( heck i know I have had mine ).

Sorry to see this @swatski and hopefully it gets resolved before next boating season.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since the dealer’s been closed (for holidays) until next week its going to still take time - before we know more.

Patience not being my strong suit I also realized this must be the first winter in at least some twenty odd years I’ve not gone boating, yet. And it’s been hard! Lol, I found myself looking at boat rentals the other day but travel somewhere warm is just not in the cards right now.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Patience not being my strong suit I also realized this must be the first winter in at least some twenty odd years I’ve not gone boating, yet. And it’s been hard! Lol, I found myself looking at boat rentals
why don’t you go to DFW ? I hear people with good Karma get free boat rentals and free accommodations.