• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any other Members in Hawaii

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Reuben,

We live on the Windward side of Oahu and my husband and I are seriously considering buying a Yamaha LS2000. We would be using it primarily to take it to the Kaneohe Sandbar, but being able to possibly take it to other parts of Oahu would be great. We are just starting to research that. I think it's very inspiring that you are able to take your boat to Ni'ihau across the Kaulakahi Channel! I'm so glad to have found this post (and this forum) and it makes my husband and myself feel more confident about taking the plunge with this boat.

I grew up in boating central in the Chain O'Lakes region of Northern Illinois, near the Wisconsin border, then lived in Northern California for 22 years before we moved to Hawai'i in January 2018, after more than a decade of dreaming about it. We were married on Anini Beach (Kauai) in 2005 and have been to literally every single town on each of the major Hawai'ian islands several times in the past 14 years, researching where we wanted to end up living. We live in Kailua, and we love it, but if our jobs enabled us to live on a smaller island, Kauai would be our first choice. Either way, we are Lucky We Live Hawai'i. 😊🌈

If we have questions in the process of seeing about buying the LS2000, would you mind if we contacted you? 🤙🏼

Mahalo,
Melissa
Aloha Melissa, glad to hear u guys want to boat in Kaneohe Bay it’s perfect for family fun and building lasting memories. I’ll shoot a PM please contact me directly and we can wala’au.

Aloha no,
Rueben

msmahalo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Check you PM for some information, Melissa.
Thanks so much, OCMD, for taking the time to type up all of the info you included in your PM. We really appreciate it.

Here is our conundrum: My husband is a master mechanic, so we aren't afraid of some repairs, but we also don't want to constantly have to work on whatever boat we end up with. We have read up about the oil line failure curse, and that is a concern...but...on the other hand...we are probably going to put a grand total of 5 miles on this boat a week, if that, and it's good way to get into a first boat for only a few thousand dollars... 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:

msmahalo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Aloha @rkim808. Although we live on the other side of the world now. My wife grew up in Honolulu and spent alot of time on the Big Island at her grandfathers/family ranch, the Parker Ranch, before...Hau'oli to have you on board.
Aloha Zipper, Not to be too nosy, but if your wife's family owns Parker Ranch, then that means she likely has some Hawaiian royalty lineage, right? So cool. I actually lived in Vermont (Stowe area) for about 6 months in the early 2000s. It's beautiful there, especially Lake Champlain. Any Champ sightings? ;)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, her Grandfather, Richard Smart, was the last Family member to own the Parker Ranch before his death in 1992. Tax law at the time, or so he was told by those that wanted the family out of running PR, would have caused him to sell a big piece of the ranch to pay for the death tax. So he made the largest charitable contribution, at that time, in the US ever made to four benificiaries. None of them being of the family. Her Hawaiian name is Panana, the Hawaiian Star Nav. Compass. Panana Hawai'i - Hawaiian Star Lines. Her middle name is Parker. This is her 3x greatgrandmother. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/55258312/harriet-panana-parker And yes she is decended from King Kemahameha I, and she is considered Ali'i. Although living sooo far away in Vermont. It is not something that means anything to anyone here, but me. Our sailboat below, is also named Panana in her honor. I will be putting on that graphic soon as the temps. warm up and the snow is gone.

20180731_153353.jpg
This was her Greatgrand Mother Thelma Parker

20190405_124316.jpg

It's freaky how much Willow looks like Thelma at that age

The Lake is still beautiful and so is Stowe.

No Champ sightings for a while now.

Last edited:

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Reuben,

We live on the Windward side of Oahu and my husband and I are seriously considering buying a Yamaha LS2000. We would be using it primarily to take it to the Kaneohe Sandbar, but being able to possibly take it to other parts of Oahu would be great. We are just starting to research that. I think it's very inspiring that you are able to take your boat to Ni'ihau across the Kaulakahi Channel! I'm so glad to have found this post (and this forum) and it makes my husband and myself feel more confident about taking the plunge with this boat.

I grew up in boating central in the Chain O'Lakes region of Northern Illinois, near the Wisconsin border, then lived in Northern California for 22 years before we moved to Hawai'i in January 2018, after more than a decade of dreaming about it. We were married on Anini Beach (Kauai) in 2005 and have been to literally every single town on each of the major Hawai'ian islands several times in the past 14 years, researching where we wanted to end up living. We live in Kailua, and we love it, but if our jobs enabled us to live on a smaller island, Kauai would be our first choice. Either way, we are Lucky We Live Hawai'i. 😊🌈

If we have questions in the process of seeing about buying the LS2000, would you mind if we contacted you? 🤙🏼

Mahalo,
Melissa
Been hoping to hear from u guys, guess u’ve Been busy with Island life haha lol. Hope to hear from u soon.

Aloha no,
Rueben

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On behalf of my Wifes' and the boats' name, PANANA and her ancestry we prowdly fly these flags while at the Marina on the Beneteau.

20180704_210332_1538221616475.jpg

would like to get either of these two flags...

Kamehameha 1 Kanaka Maoli flag
20190410_065132.jpg

Or the Royal Ensign

20190410_070049.jpg

We try to keep a little bit of Hawaii alive in this corner of Vermont. She is prowd of her heritage and relation to Hawaii and misses her.

Last edited:

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On behalf of my Wifes' and the boats' name, PANANA and her ancestry we prowdly fly these flags while at the Marina on the Beneteau.

View attachment 91517

would like to get either of these two flags...

Kamehamaha 1 Kanaka Maoli flag
View attachment 91518

Or the Royal Ensign

View attachment 91519

We try to keep a little bit of Hawaii alive in this corner of Vermont. She is prowd of her heritage and relation to Hawaii and misses her.
Aloha zipper, my heart is always touched when I see ur Hawaiian posts. I’m so proud and Happy that u’r flying Hawaiian colors so far from our native lands. So u r looking for one of those other Hawaiian flags? If so I can get the Kanaka Maoli flag, shoot me a pm.

Mahalo Ke Akua

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length