• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone compare a 24' vs. 25' back to back

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
If you click on “view all boats” you can compare up to 3 boats and see all the differences.
Thanks. First I have seen that. But even that seems hard to use, and not complete, given what others have posted here. The lack of digital throttle doesn't seem to be mentioned, nor the center rear seat?

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Thanks. First I have seen that. But even that seems hard to use, and not complete, given what others have posted here. The lack of digital throttle doesn't seem to be mentioned, nor the center rear seat?
I don’t see anything about the rear seat and as I posted above what they do have on it is misleading as Yamaha told me on the phone it doesn’t come with it. Here’s the throttle by wire option listed.

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You can definitely see the bow is much higher when looking at the 2 next to each other.
The 252 looks level from the windshield to the bow where the 242 dips down
They increased the freeboard by 4 inches....that is the upper hull. I'm not saying it's the same....just doesn't LOOK much different.
If it WAS markedly different they'd be touting the change, selling it to boattest.com and encouraging their media assets to plug the amazing handling improvements.... they haven't.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
They increased the freeboard by 4 inches....that is the upper hull. I'm not saying it's the same....just doesn't LOOK much different.
If it WAS markedly different they'd be touting the change, selling it to boattest.com and encouraging their media assets to plug the amazing handling improvements.... they haven't.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No worries you just have to try one to notice the difference. I dont work for yamaha or get paid by them so i really dont care. Im just talking about my personal experience and having owned both boats

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No worries you just have to try one to notice the difference. I dont work for yamaha or get paid by them so i really dont care. Im just talking about my personal experience and having owned both boats
I can't wait to try one!

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I know these are rated for regular 87 octane which is a plus, but has anyone tried running 91 or 93 octane in them? I was wondering if you noticed a performance gain? I know on my Harley I have to run 91 octane in it but sometimes when I go to BP and get 93 octane there is a noticeable difference in performance. Just curious.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know these are rated for regular 87 octane which is a plus, but has anyone tried running 91 or 93 octane in them? I was wondering if you noticed a performance gain? I know on my Harley I have to run 91 octane in it but sometimes when I go to BP and get 93 octane there is a noticeable difference in performance. Just curious.
The only gains you can ever get by increasing octane is if the engine is tuned for a higher octane. The notion that you get more power just by increasing octane is totally false.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I don’t know how any of it works, but I know for a fact my Harley will run night and day difference with 93 octane over 91. A hard second gear grab with 91 will break the back tire loose a bit but 93 will make it squirrelly. Now I have a tuner, full exhaust, larger breather, and taller cam than factory.
Maybe it’s tuned for the higher octane so it performs differently with the higher octane? I didn’t realize it wouldn’t make a difference on a stock vehicle. I was hoping to hear folks were getting a bit more performance out of them like the ribbon delete does. Thanks for the info!

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Higher octane fuels are often required or recommended for engines that use a higher compression ratio and/or use supercharging or turbocharging to force more air into the engine. Increasing pressure in the cylinder allows an engine to extract more mechanical energy from a given air/fuel mixture but requires higher octane fuel to keep the mixture from pre-detonating. In these engines, high octane fuel will improve performance and fuel economy.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length