• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 240 Water every time I go Out..

ysidive

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Each time I use the boat I have about 5 gallons or more water drain from the rear drain... No water in the Engine bilge area, or the storage well... Made sure all was dry this weekend, and when I came back in and pulled the plug on the trailer about 5 or more gallons of water drained from hull drain plug...
Any ideas as to where it is coming from....

It could be the drain plug and not having a complete seal. The metal shavings can ruin the rubber o-ring and cause a slow leak. When you pull the boat out and leave the plug in, do you see any water leaking out?

It could be the drain plug and not having a complete seal. The metal shavings can ruin the rubber o-ring and cause a slow leak. When you pull the boat out and leave the plug in, do you see any water leaking out?
I checked the plug, no water dripping, O ring is in good shape, and I made sure it was tight...

You can check the anchor drain and you will see posts on how to fix that. Next would be the rear cleanout tray which many say is the source of leaking. Your under warranty I imagine so you could check with your dealer but I read another thread where the dealer is involved and they can't figure it out.

Have you tried filling the bilge with water to see if there are any obvious leaks like a transducer, trailer tie downs, etc?

If you're doing water sports requiring ballast bags you are likely putting the rub rail underwater. This is a common leak point.

Leak finding seems to be an art form. We even had one member use baby powder to try to locate his leaks.

We should probably have a badge for it...

But this is certain: 5 gallons is too much. Some dealers will claim it is 'normal', but I think that is bogus. I get about 1/2 a gallon sometimes, but there have been whole weekends I have been on the water and still come back dry as a bone.

This wasn't a problem on my 2012 either. I would hardly ever get water in it but my 2019 has quite a bit of water drain out at the end of the day. I bet its a combination of places.

Mine is dry until I do any water sports....all it takes is a descent wake over the stern and she gets water. As others said above, put any weight on the stern and it'll seep through the rub rail as well. I don't stress too much over it as the bulge pump catches it when it reaches a certain point...

@ysidive happened to me for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Never had that much water drain out before and I've used my boat a lot. I haven't had the chance to go try and figure it out yet. I'll let you know if I find anything.

I searched, but couldn't find... Is there a picture-heavy thread of someone resealing the rub-rail? I assume since I haven't fixed it, it probably leaks and I should repair over the winter.

When you slow down or stop and come off plane if you do it abruptly water comes pouring over the back of the boat every time. I notice when this happens lots of water gets in and needs draining. Now when I stop of come off plane right before water starts to swamp over the back I give it a slight nudge forward on gas to stay ahead of that wave then slow down again.

When you slow down or stop and come off plane if you do it abruptly water comes pouring over the back of the boat every time. I notice when this happens lots of water gets in and needs draining. Now when I stop of come off plane right before water starts to swamp over the back I give it a slight nudge forward on gas to stay ahead of that wave then slow down again.

Have you actually verified water is coming over the upper platform and your seadek is wet? That’s very hard to get water to do that unless running heavy ballast. More than likely it’s coming from your cleanout tray drain as discussed here https://jetboaters.net/threads/need...from-plug-on-17-212x.23345/page-2#post-402635.

I searched, but couldn't find... Is there a picture-heavy thread of someone resealing the rub-rail? I assume since I haven't fixed it, it probably leaks and I should repair over the winter.

No pictures its just a lot of screws and be carful not to unbend the corner . The metal band comes off first I only went 1/3 the way up the hull then the black plastic piece gets unscrewed, clean with acetone fill all the holes with silicone apply a bead under the hull overlap re install the screws wipe off any excess silicone. Do one side at a time

I don't think this was the area letting in water it was most likely water sitting on top of the clean out tray pouring into the hull and some of the through hull fittings the silicone they use does not adhere to the hull so it doesn't do much to keep water from entering.

I have never had 5 gallions come out, but probably 1-2. In the back of the boat in each of recesses where the jet nozzles, is a black rubber circle that that cuts in it. This is the exhaust port. There are three screws that are attached to a steel flange on the other side. On mine, they were barely more than finger tight. I tighten all them up, ther is one on each side for each engine. The water issues disappeared completely. That was last year and I have put almost 40 hours on it this year, not a drop. This would not show up in the bilge area. Hope this is your issue also. Good luck!

I have never had 5 gallions come out, but probably 1-2. In the back of the boat in each of recesses where the jet nozzles, is a black rubber circle that that cuts in it. This is the exhaust port. There are three screws that are attached to a steel flange on the other side. On mine, they were barely more than finger tight. I tighten all them up, ther is one on each side for each engine. The water issues disappeared completely. That was last year and I have put almost 40 hours on it this year, not a drop. This would not show up in the bilge area. Hope this is your issue also. Good luck!
Can you please attach photo of the three screws that you are referring to... thanks...

Thanks... Looking forward to checking this out.....

Back