• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ATL Boat show 2022 Canceled

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Was going to ask if anyone was going. It was planned to be held this week Jan 6th-Jan9th.
I was planning on a visit just to look around and dream but, it looks as if has been canceled/postponed till 2023 due to supply chain issues.

I was wonder what/who would be there and how they would be able to sell anything considering the issues with deliveries and a super tight market. Pretty sure ATL wont be the only one with this issue.

Oh well... Here's to next year! ( I was really hoping to not use that phrase again...ever!)

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just looking at Milwaukee's boat show website. I plan on going for the first time in my life. I'd like to see what other brands have to offer. Much to my suprise, Yamaha isn't going to be there.

1641324753597.png

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was just looking at Milwaukee's boat show website. I plan on going for the first time in my life. I'd like to see what other brands have to offer. Much to my suprise, Yamaha isn't going to be there.

View attachment 169302
Boat shows are helpful when you want to drum up sales....when you can't keep up with demand as it is, not much point in increasing the demand if you have no way of meeting it.

Their marketing department must be bored (or furloughed)!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am sure a good portion of 2022 Yamaha's are spoken for and if the supply chain continues to faulter some might get canceled like 2021 did. So if Yamaha shows up what are they going to sell? More empty promises? They are better off waiting till they get production back to pre pandemic

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Vancouver BC boat show is also cancelled due to covid surge, 2nd year in a row.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Our local one here in NC was cancelled due to low/no inventory this year. Last year I believe it was cancelled due to covid.

Shack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Minneapolis boat show is still on here in MN. Jan. 20-23. Masks required. There is a big surge in cases in the metro area right now so it’ll be interesting to see if they end up canceling or not. I was really hoping to go.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was going to ask if anyone was going. It was planned to be held this week Jan 6th-Jan9th.
I was planning on a visit just to look around and dream but, it looks as if has been canceled/postponed till 2023 due to supply chain issues.

I was wonder what/who would be there and how they would be able to sell anything considering the issues with deliveries and a super tight market. Pretty sure ATL wont be the only one with this issue.

Oh well... Here's to next year! ( I was really hoping to not use that phrase again...ever!)
AFAIK, the one in Jacksonville is still on end of the month, not too long a drive. hoping to do the same walk through and dream myself; maybe take in one of the offshore fishing seminars. Make a weekend out of it, nights of lights will still be going on in St. Augustine.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We were thinking about heading down to the Miami Boat Show this year just for giggles. Anyone been there? Any tips/suggestions?

If we don't make the trip, we'll certainly be at our local show - the 67th Annual Boat, Sport and Travel show next month. Cross your fingers that they don't cancel!

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The LA Boat show has been closed for 2 years :(

Gregvjr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
St. Louis and K.C. 'national' boat shows cancelled again this year:(...There is still planned a 'Lake of the Ozarks dealers' show in K.C. later this month and March in St. Louis. New to the market for a boat, I was really looking forward to the STL show and seeing if any deal could be struck with 'boat-show' pricing on new boats. If anyone here makes a show this year, pls let the group know if they are aware of any 'show discounts', etc on pricing. Thanks!

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We attended the RV show last weekend in Jacksonville. Not an exact comparison to boat shows, but very similar I think, same type of luxury leisure market and similar supply chain and inflation and market conditions.

Anyway, some friends of ours were looking to upgrade their existing RV and we went through them because we love looking at RVs as much as looking at boats. The major dealers here in JAX were offering "Show" pricing on in stock items so there were some deals to be had, but it was somewhat limited. I was talking to a friend in the industry there (he wasn't trying to sell me anything because he knew we were not buyers) and he told me that prices were going up 10% or more on everything on new deliveries and that even the list on the show RVs would be going away. This is something that we were already aware of on boat pricing though. I'm sure insiders on RVs knew as well, but I don't follow that as much.

One thing I found crazy is that the upper end RVs have 18 month wait times if you order a new one. Ours is a Newmar and some of those are running even longer. Crazy to think about ordering an RV and not being able to use it for 2 years. Even though most of these are upgrades and they still have their existing RV, its still a crazy proposition.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Detroit Boat Show cancelled for the next week. Primary reason was lack of inventory.

Next Boat show is a pretty big one first part of March. That one hasn't been cancelled yet.

FYI, Fishing and Hunting shows still going on.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
The upstate boat show in Greenville, SC looks like it’s still a go for this weekend. Also, the Charleston boat show web page still says it’s a go.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Austin cancelled "because of Covid". I think it had more to do with the inability to move boats / rv's into the Expo Center without running over homeless and popping tires on needles. :p

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heading to Louisville Boat Show tonight. I'll be certain to report back on how the show looks. Only have a couple hours of time to walk around look, and they've combined it with the camper show for the last decade, so we'll be splitting our time.

Big thing I'm looking for is the Ecoboost Jet Drive from Idmar, and hoping to get my wife aboard a 255FSH to convince her we need a center console in our lives.

The rest of the time is just oo-ing and aaahh-ing over new boats.

KYjetboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Heading to Louisville Boat Show tonight. I'll be certain to report back on how the show looks. Only have a couple hours of time to walk around look, and they've combined it with the camper show for the last decade, so we'll be splitting our time.

Big thing I'm looking for is the Ecoboost Jet Drive from Idmar, and hoping to get my wife aboard a 255FSH to convince her we need a center console in our lives.

The rest of the time is just oo-ing and aaahh-ing over new boats.
I went to the Louisville show last night. They had several boats but I did feel like inventory was down compared to normal. Yamaha of Louisville dealer was not there…

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to the Louisville show last night. They had several boats but I did feel like inventory was down compared to normal. Yamaha of Louisville dealer was not there…
Thanks for the heads up. Sad to see Jason missing from the lineup. Been there every year until now.