• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Better Floor Locker Door now!

Here's a pic for clarity. Should save me 1,000 words. :)

upload_2015-6-27_15-19-12.png

that looks about right... i had no problems though with the screw biting lower than the factory spot.

That is a great mod. Granted, it is something that should not have to be done....

Changing the strut took all of 30 seconds and No drilling. Very happy with this mod, thanks.

For those interested in using a different gas spring...

Here is the original ski locker gas spring for the 2014 AR210. It expands to 15" long and has a 30# rating:

Original Ski Locker Gas Spring.png

Here is the distance (16") between the two connection points with the ski locker completely opened:

Ski Locker Gas Spring Length.jpg

Hi Guys,

Just so happens I sell these things for a living. I can figure out the right part and post a part number on here tomorrow. I probably have them in stock.

@Ddip1125 did you ever find the part #?

I went to Autozone and got one 2 inches longer, problem solved.

Changing the strut took all of 30 seconds and No drilling. Very happy with this mod, thanks.
So which one did you buy?

@Ddip1125 Did you have any luck with this?

Need to fix this on my boat too! Think I'd prefer an unblemished look for a few dollars....otherwise...I'll just drill it....

So which one did you buy?

@Ddip1125 Did you have any luck with this?

Need to fix this on my boat too! Think I'd prefer an unblemished look for a few dollars....otherwise...I'll just drill it....

Actually, I got one at O'Reilly, Part number SG359011

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to everyone on this thread. I did the "move", took just a couple of minutes, and what a difference!!

Hey Guys,

My apologies. This completely slipped my mind. I'll come up with a solution tomorrow and post it here if anyone still needs one. It's been a busy summer.

Julian, I dont know the difference all I can say is the one I linked you works great for me

@Evil Sports the one you list is 20", the one @Rob9550 is 17.25 inches.....I'm wondering if the different models have different struts? Perhaps I need to measure mine before I buy one?
As long as you have a few extra inches to move the mounting point(s) either would work. Getting the proper pound rating is the key.

Back