• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

PreciousMetals

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@RobA, glad you ran into this issue now, and not on the big water. As you know, I had oil cooler issues I found a few weeks back and thought I might have to cancel if I had to cover the cost.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@RobA, glad you ran into this issue now, and not on the big water. As you know, I had oil cooler issues I found a few weeks back and thought I might have to cancel if I had to cover the cost.
I just heard back from them, they said the fogging straw was stuck in the throttle body.... They are going to put it back together and water test. He didnt want to completely clear me, but he said I should be good to go. (Crossing fingers!!)

When I fogged last year, I lost one of the straws... I thought it just fell into the murky bilge water below...well I guess I was wrong! Its a double edged sword because this obviously wont be covered under warranty, but at least I know my engine isnt completely screwed...

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just heard back from them, they said the fogging straw was stuck in the throttle body.... They are going to put it back together and water test. He didnt want to completely clear me, but he said I should be good to go. (Crossing fingers!!)

When I fogged last year, I lost one of the straws... I thought it just fell into the murky bilge water below...well I guess I was wrong! Its a double edged sword because this obviously wont be covered under warranty, but at least I know my engine isnt completely screwed...
WOW !~ thats ..ummm.....fortunate ?!?!?!?! I'm surprised you got one good run out of it, ...then it croaked. melted plastic cooled off I guess?......got into places?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
WOW !~ thats ..ummm.....fortunate ?!?!?!?! I'm surprised you got one good run out of it, ...then it croaked. melted plastic cooled off I guess?......got into places?
Dont know, they are water testing it and going to call me back. I'm not sure it would have melted... the air going in the intake should be close to the ambient temp in the engine hatch/outside air.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dont know, they are water testing it and going to call me back. I'm not sure it would have melted... the air going in the intake should be close to the ambient temp in the engine hatch/outside air.
sorry Rob. You said throttle body, and my brain read cylinders.......Last year when I fogged I stared at the spark plug wells and said "nope. not using the straw".....thus the brain cramp

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Probably a Throttle Position Sensor error or if it is fly by wire an error on the position and servo being out of sync!!! That's fortunate considering the things it COULD have been!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Probably a Throttle Position Sensor error or if it is fly by wire an error on the position and servo being out of sync!!! That's fortunate considering the things it COULD have been!
That was exactly it, still waiting for confirmation that everything is good. Waiting anxiously.....

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well after 4 hours of labor and a new air filter (Used too much fogging oil) I'm back in...

Beacon Light Marina takes care of their customers, they had a 2 week lead time and they bumped me ahead because of the trip and the great relationship I have with them.

So next on the agenda is to install my GX1700b and antenna (I'm using an older one from my old boat).

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@RobA great news, so glad to hear your boat is okay and that you are still in for the Bimini adventure!

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Be careful where you tap into a power source ! When you key the mic it draws more per than just having the radio on !! Right @upperdeck =)

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Be careful where you tap into a power source ! When you key the mic it draws more per than just having the radio on !! Right @upperdeck =)
Noted thanks! I think I might just run a power wire to the battery, after all the radio is a very important part of being safe out there.

PreciousMetals

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Me too. Just need to get power to it, and connect to the GPS. Put two fuel filters in last weekend.....

PreciousMetals

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For you guys that have a radio, or will be installing, are you running positve and negative over to the battery, or just tapping into the helm somewhere for the negative?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Im going to tap the helm for the negative. Probably use the negative from my amp.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For you guys that have a radio, or will be installing, are you running positve and negative over to the battery, or just tapping into the helm somewhere for the negative?
I ran a duplex ANCOR wire to a fuse block. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P6FTHC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and ran a dedicated ground and fused power to the fuse block. http://www.westmarine.com/ancor-marine--duplex-wire-by-the-foot--P009_274_003_002

I would avoid using a different ground to potentially eliminate interference and ground loops. Most VHF radios have a RF drain you put on the negative as well and who knows what could interfere with the RF from the AMP or vice versa. Having FCC certified devices for unintentional RF radiation before, the screwiest things can interfere sometimes!!!!

PreciousMetals

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like that idea....I bet this looks really nice installed and especially nice with easy access to the fuses. Thanks for the advice...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's getting close, only two weeks until many of us start our departure to Fort Lauderdale.

Here are some GPS coordinates that you might find useful.

Starting and Ending points
  • Port Everglades Sea Bouy N 26 05.484 W 080 04.740
  • Bimini Channel Entrance N 25 42.060 W 079 07.544
Bimini Fling BBQ beach bash presented by @Bruce
  • Honeymoon Harbor N 25 35.229 W 079 18.195
Snorkeling spots
  • Three Sisters Rocks N 25 45.239 W 079 17.179
  • South Bimini Airplane Wreck N 25 41.223 W 079 16.295
  • Sapona Shipwreck N 25 39.076 W 079 17.614

Last edited: