• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are bringing VP racing 5 gal jugs used for dirt bike racing. They are easier the handle and pour, plus they have a nozzle to screw a longer hose to. This way one person can hold the line into the tank, covering the port from splashing water too, and another can a hold the can and pour it safely from inside the boat. We have about a 5 ft tube that connects to the nozzle and doesn't leak. The cans hold about 5.5-6 gals each and we are bringing 4 for my AR192.

Mounting them on the swim deck was the plan but there just isn't a good, solid, safe way to do it. So we are going to put them in the ski locker, with the door secured open (cans too tall to close it anyway). We tested this and it seems like our best bet except for losing some good storage space. Our next option is to make a wood crate for the cans to sit in which will ride on the floor from the bow to about the helm station. However this will allow the crate to slide back during the trip since there really isn't a good place to secure it. Which puts us back to the ski locker plan.
I have read, but haven't confirmed, that putting a wet towel under your load would prevent it from sliding rearward. That's where we put our cooler, and it slid quite a bit. Hopefully the towel trick works!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is a picture from our 2011 trip. That was a 2006 SX230 with a cooler on the upper swim deck and gas cans on the lower deck. I believe the gas cans where attached to the grab handle and the aft cleat. Not sure how those cans would hold up to rough sea but then again there are mounted on the one part of the boat that would have the least bouncing. Second picture is how calm the seas were on the they there, hope we see seas like that again.

Bimini 2011 035.jpg

PreciousMetals

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Those are smooth seas, and I hope we get alot of that. You could make some tracks there. Thanks for the tips on the cans. Sounds like the consensus is to use the smaller cans as they are easier to fill, transport, and empty. I got one of those shaker siphons as well.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well I got my new custom painted gaffs today, some new rods and reels yesterday, and a handful of lures last week... and after watching @justason 's video from his Mahi trip.
I AM GETTING REALLY STOKED ABOUT OUR TRIP !!:winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"
We decided today that the women will fly to Florida:thumbsup: which means less potty stops and a shorter overall drive time.
(they probably wouldn't have helped with the driving any way)

3 weeks tomorrow !

20140529_184208_resized.jpg

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well I got my new custom painted gaffs today, some new rods and reels yesterday, and a handful of lures last week... and after watching @justason 's video from his Mahi trip.
I AM GETTING REALLY STOKED ABOUT OUR TRIP !!:winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"
We decided today that the women will fly to Florida:thumbsup: which means less potty stops and a shorter overall drive time.
(they probably wouldn't have helped with the driving any way)

3 weeks tomorrow !

View attachment 6481
awesome. hows the bimini extension project coming along?

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
19 days till the caravans begin !!!!! SERIOUSLY GETTIN FIRED UP NOW!!!!!!!!

Here's my crazy schedule right before Bimini, so I'm really gonna need this vacation!
6/9-6/12 going to LA for work
6/13 closing on our new house
6/13-6/20 MOVING IN and all final prep for Bimini
6/21 we drive to Ft. Lauderdale
6/29 return home to finishing unpacking

I figure I'll sleep when I'm dead, lol.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I had a big setback yesterday..... After a day out on the water on Saturday without issue, I went to go back out on Sunday and had a problem with my port engine.

I dropped it in the water and went to start up and the engine ran rough at low rpms, then it automatically idled up to 4K for a couple seconds then dropped RPM's back to idle and threw a check engine light. From there the motor was still running but was running (rough) in some sort of limp mode as the throttle and no-wake button didnt really advance the rpms at all.

I pulled it out and changed the plugs (I installed new plugs at the beginning of the season) back to the old ones and had the same issue. I re-installed the new plugs and tested again and still had the same issue. Sometimes when I start it, it idles at 3K rpm's but always has the check engine light on and the loud beep to warn me. It never ran smooth.

I checked the oil - no water in it, and checked the impeller as well.

There was also no oil on the plugs either, which is good.

I'm taking it to the dealer today... hopefully they can have it fixed in time.... otherwise I might be out. :(

I have around 50 hours on it.... wish me luck.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I had a big setback yesterday..... After a day out on the water on Saturday without issue, I went to go back out on Sunday and had a problem with my port engine.

I dropped it in and went to start up and the engine ran rough for a second, then it automatically idled up to 4K for a couple seconds then dropped RPM's back to idle and threw a check engine light. From there the motor was still running but was running in some sort of limp mode as the throttle and no-wake button didnt really advance the rpms at all.

I pulled it out and changed the plugs (I installed new plugs at the beginning of the season) back to the old ones and had the same issue. I re-installed the new plugs and tested again and still had the same issue. Sometimes when I start it idles at 3K rpm's but always has the check engine light on and the loud beep to warn me. It never ran smooth.

I'm taking it to the dealer today... hopefully they can have it fixed in time.... otherwise I might be out. :(

Oy! That's not good. Hope it all works out for you!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I dropped it in the water and went to start up and the engine ran rough at low rpms, then it automatically idled up to 4K for a couple seconds then dropped RPM's back to idle and threw a check engine light. From there the motor was still running but was running (rough) in some sort of limp mode as the throttle and no-wake button didnt really advance the rpms at all.

I pulled it out and changed the plugs (I installed new plugs at the beginning of the season) back to the old ones and had the same issue. I re-installed the new plugs and tested again and still had the same issue. Sometimes when I start it, it idles at 3K rpm's but always has the check engine light on and the loud beep to warn me. It never ran smooth.

Hoping for a quick easy fix so you can join us.

Last edited:

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RobA that really sucks and hopefully it is an easy fix. Did you check the codes on it? I am assuming your codes are the same as on my older model. Here they are if you have not seen these. Count the flashes... there will be 2 sets of flashes for each digit. Hope this helps and keep us posted.

Code Symptom

01 No malfunction
13 Incorrect pickup coil signal
15 Incorrect engine temp sensor signal
18 Incorrect throttle position sensor signal
19 Incorrect battery voltage
23 Incorrect intake air temperature sensor signal
24 Incorrect cam position sensor signal
29 Incorrect intake air pressure sensor signal
48 Incorrect data transmission
53 Exhaust temp sensor malfunction
54 Incorrect bypass valve motor signal
63 Incorrect intake air system signal

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
forgot to add, some of these codes will put the motor in limp mode as you suggest, so that would seem to indicate that things are working properly. Hopefully simple fix...

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@waterboy thanks for those. I'm leaving work early today to take it over to the dealer. I dont want to waste any time messing with it. They open at 9 so I will call and get an idea of what their schedule looks like. If they dont think they can fix it by our departure, I'm going to try two other dealers that are between 1.5 and 2 hours away.

We'll see what happens. If they are all booked solid, I guess then I'll try and diagnose it myself.

Chrissy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Oh no!! We just had to have our Port Motor replaced! Thank God we have the Warranty! That's why we aren't going! I pray they figure it out in time for you!!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oh no!! We just had to have our Port Motor replaced! Thank God we have the Warranty! That's why we aren't going! I pray they figure it out in time for you!!
What were the symptoms?

Chrissy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What were the symptoms?
Overheating Jim says. From the beginning. Then SeaRay of Greenville (Hall Marine) didn't put the timing gear in correctly & that took out the motor. We were constantly listening to the buzzer where ever we took it. They kept saying it was weeds!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well that makes me feel a little better. I didn't have any problems like that.

I'm taking it in now. They said they can get to it by the end of the week.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well that makes me feel a little better. I didn't have any problems like that.

I'm taking it in now. They said they can get to it by the end of the week.
Hope it is an easy fix and it won't stop you from going to Bimini.