• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

Chrissy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Chrissy you have been stricken from the list (You're still there but crossed out). Hopefully in 30 days you guys can get the confidence that you need from your boat back and re-join us! (At which point I will re-activate you :) )

I wish you guys the best of luck!
Thank you! Anytime your in this area....give us a ring! So happy to be apart of the excitement! Even for just a little while! God Bless! Stay safe!!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't forget that every BOAT needs to fill this form out...

http://www.bahamas.com/sites/default/files/Bahamas_Custom_Clearance.pdf

I was filling out this form this morning...I find a fair amount of duplication in it.

Sheet two section A: port of, this is FtLauderdale? A3 is Bimini ? or is that reversed being an inward report?

Appendix 5, declaration of health: I dont recall this form last eyar....same question: port of is ?? Bimini ? FROM is stated onthe second line MAster of Ships?

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg
Till the caravans begin!!!!

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was filling out this form this morning...I find a fair amount of duplication in it.

Sheet two section A: port of, this is FtLauderdale? A3 is Bimini ? or is that reversed being an inward report?

Appendix 5, declaration of health: I dont recall this form last eyar....same question: port of is ?? Bimini ? FROM is stated onthe second line MAster of Ships?
Inbound port is Bimini.

Outbound port is Port Everglades.

Master is the owner of the boat, the same person that is going into customs while his crew remains on the boat.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have some bad news (well atleast for us it's bad). We have decided not to go on this trip! We sure hope to catch you guys next year! @RobA please remove us from the list. Thank you! @andy07sx230ho we will make sure your hooked up with Island Lures & MirrOlures before you leave! Everyone be safe! God Bless!!

Jim & Chrissy LeMaster
Sorry you had to cancel your trip. We went last year and couldn't make it on this trip either. We are planning to go next year so I'll see you there! I should start a 2015 thread... The head count is 8 so far! :D

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
http://news.yahoo.com/painful-rapid-spread-virus-caribbean-040106421.html

Bimini is a bit of an oasis, not part of the typical cruise ship circuit, combined with currently staying in the southern portions.......we'll see if it reaches the states, or Bahama's overall.
I'll try and dodge MERS next week thru a few the larger airports !
Thanks for the happy news, haha!!

For those that haven't been, even without @justason happy news, bug replent is a must because the mosquitoes are very active and hungry on the islands.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
From the CDC:

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/vfr/the-bahamas

Vaccines and Medicines

Check the vaccines and medicines list and visit your doctor (ideally, 4-6 weeks) before your trip to get vaccines or medicines you may need.

Find Out Why Protect Yourself
All travelers
You should be up to date on routine vaccinations while traveling to any destination. Some vaccines may also be required for travel.
Routine vaccines
Make sure you are up-to-date on routine vaccines before every trip. These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and your yearly flu shot.

Most travelers
Get travel vaccines and medicines because there is a risk of these diseases in the country you are visiting.

Hepatitis A
CDC recommends this vaccine because you can get hepatitis A through contaminated food or water in The Bahamas, regardless of where you are eating or staying.

Typhoid
You can get typhoid through contaminated food or water in The Bahamas. CDC recommends this vaccine for most travelers, especially if you are staying with friends or relatives, visiting smaller cities or rural areas, or if you are an adventurous eater.

Some travelers
Ask your doctor what vaccines and medicines you need based on where you are going, how long you are staying, what you will be doing, and if you are traveling from a country other than the US.

Hepatitis B
You can get hepatitis B through sexual contact, contaminated needles, and blood products, so CDC recommends this vaccine if you might have sex with a new partner, get a tattoo or piercing, or have any medical procedures.

Rabies
Rabies is present in bats in The Bahamas. However, it is not found in dogs and is not a major risk to most travelers. CDC recommends rabies vaccine for only these groups:

• Travelers involved in outdoor and other activities in remote areas that put them at risk for bat bites (such as adventure travel and caving).
  • People who will be working with or around bats (such as wildlife professionals and researchers).

Yellow Fever
There is no risk of yellow fever in The Bahamas. The government of The Bahamas requires proof of yellow fever vaccination only if you are arriving from a country with risk of yellow fever. This does not include the US. If you are traveling from a country other than the US, check this list to see if you may be required to get the yellow fever vaccine: Countries with risk of yellow fever virus (YFV) transmission.

For more information on recommendations and requirements, see yellow fever recommendations and requirements for The Bahamas. Your doctor can help you decide if this vaccine is right for you based on your travel plans.

Chrissy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry you had to cancel your trip. We went last year and couldn't make it on this trip either. We are planning to go next year so I'll see you there! I should start a 2015 thread... The head count is 8 so far! :D
Well put us on that list! 2+doggie

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the happy news, haha!!

For those that haven't been, even without @justason happy news, bug replent is a must because the mosquitoes are very active and hungry on the islands.
Don't worry, I'll be there attracting all of the mosquitoes away from everyone else! I came back from a dive trip in Roatan with over 60 bites. We spent most of our time under water too! :eek:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have reservations for our group at Bokampers on Sunday June 22 at 7 pm.

BE THERE!!!
@upperdeck Thanks for setting a place up, it should be perfect.

FYI - for those making travel plans. Bokampers is about 4 miles north of the Bahia Mar. That seems kind of close, which it is, but the 4 miles will be all no-wake. Therefore 4 miles at 6 to 8 mph, no-wake speed, it will take about 30 to 45 minutes to get to Bokampers, so plan your arrival at the Bahia Mar according. Last year the Bahia Mar marina closed at 6 pm for check-in and fuel.

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At this time of year it is not no-wake the whole way. There is a good stretch of it 25 limit. It is only no-wake during season.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
what time does the marina open for gas in the morning as i would like to leave on as full of a tank as possible ?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At this time of year it is not no-wake the whole way. There is a good stretch of it 25 limit. It is only no-wake during season.
Is June 22nd considered in season?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
what time does the marina open for gas in the morning as i would like to leave on as full of a tank as possible ?
No the Bahia Mar will not be open, at least it hasn't been in the past. There is a gas dock/bait store/general store on the way out of Fort Lauderdale that we will all stop at, right near the 17th Street (A1A) bridge.