• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't plan to switch from state farm, the boatUS thing is only for towing insurance, kind of like AAA.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As far as I can tell, we have three missing captains from this thread.

Steiner
Yaman
Tw00155

I will be PMing them shortly.
steiner is actually steined

That's me. I'm here and still confirmed.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Upperdeck. this was a good lead....are you familiar with "restricted dock tows" terminology? Home dock towing to me is a non-issue.

upload_2014-3-10_15-33-55.png

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got the impression that a restricted dock was something like a fuel dock, courtesy dock, or similar.

Confirmed that with BoatUS...

Last edited:

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So then the question is, what if they towed you to the fuel dock in the marina instead of your week long assigned slip.

BoatUS response was "We have no way of knowing where you were before you were at the fuel dock."

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a member of SeaTow which will service the Bahamas:

BAHAMAS

Vessels that cannot be serviced in the nearest Bahamas facility at Marsh Harbour, Nassau or Freeport, and require a tow back to the United States, must make arrangements with the local franchise, their home area franchise or Sea Tow Services International. These vessels may only be towed to commercial ports in the United States. Vessels may be towed from West End, Grand Bahama Island to Lake Worth Inlet, West Palm Beach, FL, Fort Pierce Inlet, Fort Pierce, FL or from Bimini to Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, FL or Port of Miami, Miami, FL. In lieu of towing the vessel, it may be shipped via freighter to the United States. member is responsible for arrangements and Customs fees and paperwork; Sea Tow will pay freight charges only.
If you want to sign up with them the best place to do it, if possible, is at at boat show where they will give you a couple of months extra for free--not sure if that matters for people who mainly boat on lakes and rivers.

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, what's the difference between seatow and boatUS?
From what I've seen it is basically the same service at approximately the same cost. What's recommended is to see how many franchisees are available in your area, and where they are located in relation to where you boat, for quicker service--in my case there were more SeaTows so I went with them.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, since it's the only operation other than Bimini that I could use on Lake Michigan, BoatUS will be my choice.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With SeaTows free 30 day offer I believe you could sign up a week or two before we go to Bimini then cancel once we are back with no cost.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry to burst your bubble Bruce. But Bimini is a solid 10 ft above sea level. The background to this image is a tad suspect......foreground ..well...one can hope

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So SeaTow is not confidence inspiring... Lady that answered the phone says that you pay up front, and they will reimburse you. You may also be covered only to the nearest repair shop, not necessarily back to the US.

I'm going to do more research...

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So towboat is not confidence inspiring... Lady that answered the phone says that you pay up front, and they will reimburse you. You may also be covered only to the nearest repair shop, not necessarily back to the US.

towboat..new name..did I miss something or is this meant to be seatow ?

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With SeaTows free 30 day offer I believe you could sign up a week or two before we go to Bimini then cancel once we are back with no cost.
I would double-check to see if they covered Bimini on the trial membership--some of the fine print reads:

30-day trial memberships do not include dock-to-dock towing and are only applicable to the member's primary vessel. To view complete member benefits see the Sea Tow Member Guide on www.seatow.com

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So towboat is not confidence inspiring... Lady that answered the phone says that you pay up front, and they will reimburse you. You may also be covered only to the nearest repair shop, not necessarily back to the US.

I haven't seen anything about paying upfront with SeaTow but they do reserve the right to have parts flown in and repairs done locally instead of towing you back to the US--makes sense I suppose since a tow would be several thousand dollars and a repair could only be a few dollars. Not sure about BoatUS policies...