• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2017 Trip - A voyage of self discovery

Should I continue on this topic ?

• Total voters

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Finally completed the document. I hope you enjoyed my adventures. Till next time......

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was great, thanks for sharing it with us

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce I wish it was a story :D now I feel that I was completely insane to have taken that journey. Overall it was a fun project to handle, execute and succeed.
From now on you will remember 2017 as your rough crossing and everything else will seem easy.

It is always interesting to compare what the experience was like for others. My thinking during the crossing was more along the lines of this is rough but I have been in rougher and Bimini will be worth it.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
From now on you will remember 2017 as your rough crossing and everything else will seem easy.

It is always interesting to compare what the experience was like for others. My thinking during the crossing was more along the lines of this is rough but I have been in rougher and Bimini will be worth it.
Looking forward to 2018 crossing

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I knew today was going to be a work free day.

Thank you for sharing, I am glad to see that I am not the only madman in the pack.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I knew today was going to be a work free day.

Thank you for sharing, I am glad to see that I am not the only madman in the pack.
Till we meet again ;)

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri thank you for this. You said what I'm sure many new to boating feel. It wasn't the Bimini part that had me captivated. It was you describing how little you knew when you started. The learning curve you faced and how you overcame it. The fact that, while this forum is amazing, sometimes the posts go clear over your head as people completely new to boating, and particularly these boats, don't understand the lingo and technical discussions when it comes to electronics for example. And finally, thanks for the sheer entertainment of your journey. I hope that in a year I am half as experienced as you became in your first.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri thank you for this. You said what I'm sure many new to boating feel. It wasn't the Bimini part that had me captivated. It was you describing how little you knew when you started. The learning curve you faced and how you overcame it. The fact that, while this forum is amazing, sometimes the posts go clear over your head as people completely new to boating, and particularly these boats, don't understand the lingo and technical discussions when it comes to electronics for example. And finally, thanks for the sheer entertainment of your journey. I hope that in a year I am half as experienced as you became in your first.
Thank you for your kind words @dnicholas47 . It was not an easy journey, but nothing worth achieving in life is ever easy. The best way to learn things is to work on your boat by yourself. It will require time , effort, patience and money. The end result is more than worth it as you will become more comfortable and confident with your boat. Good luck on your journey. I am here on the forum if you have any questions.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm going to have to read this after @Betik write-up. I only made it through the first segment of his before my Key West trip was calling...

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm going to have to read this after @Betik write-up. I only made it through the first segment of his before my Key West trip was calling...
If you are hoping to read about the part where I dislocated your anchor at Honeymoon harbor, it is nowhere to be found. I have conveniently forgotten about it . LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
“Upon the advice of counsel, I must respectfully decline to answer your question, based on my rights under the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.” :wideyed:

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Great story Amar! thanks for sharing.