• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2017 Trip - A voyage of self discovery

Should I continue on this topic ?

• Total voters

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great Story Amar, I just finished both yours and Betiks, from which you stole my attention on his post :) LOL!

I have to say - Really engaging narratives gents. Bravo.

The first red boat you looked at - where you at Black Point Marina - little south of Miami - in that photo of it? Looks very familiar ( I live 5 min from there).

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Do you think anyone else might have a story to share ? Maybe short but explosive ? ;)
o_Ohmmm maybe.... still need to work on the "happy ending" part though. Hey look at that, 320+ days and we can do this again! counting the days...

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Great Story Amar, I just finished both yours and Betiks, from which you stole my attention on his post :) LOL!

I have to say - Really engaging narratives gents. Bravo.

The first red boat you looked at - where you at Black Point Marina - little south of Miami - in that photo of it? Looks very familiar ( I live 5 min from there).
You are too kind @hobineros . I do not remember the name of the marina where we went for the test drive, but it is somewhere in and around Miami. It was a beautiful boat with only 25 hours on the engines and no scratches at all on the hull.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri Nice. Reinforcing my desire to make this trip. Wish my country was a lot closer so that I could get there but Bimini will have to do.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cayman Islands. Just on the other side of Cuba and west of Jamaica. Too far for a jet boat with a 50 gal tank LOL. Would like to get it down there so I can take my dad for a ride. He doesn't like coming to the US. Says its too cold, even here in Florida.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sstegh I don't know how you do it really. I am good enough with the limited 40 degree and sometimes below days we get here in Central Florida. I've been here 12 years now and I still can't get used to the cold. My co-worker is from Missouri and he says he will only visit his parents for short stays.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cayman Islands. Just on the other side of Cuba and west of Jamaica. Too far for a jet boat with a 50 gal tank LOL. Would like to get it down there so I can take my dad for a ride. He doesn't like coming to the US. Says its too cold, even here in Florida.
Let me introduce you to my future best friend if I ever go to Exumas. I think it will do fine for you to go see the family.

https://www.readycontainment.com/spill-containment-berms-bladder-tanks-pillow-tanks/?gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIacwIW6bFpS3fBC9JgL3njE4qlKmmo4HJZGcgD_5X01S3MxHzJr5ZSrRoC1lMQAvD_BwE#!/Boat-Fuel-Bladder-300-Gallon/p/51022125

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Nice @Betik I think the 50 gallon tank is more promising compared to the 300 gallon tank in terms of weight load. Exumas hopefully in 2019.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice @Betik I think the 50 gallon tank is more promising compared to the 300 gallon tank in terms of weight load. Exumas hopefully in 2019.
For me it is an easy choice actually, Mother in Law OR 300 gallons of fuel? Yeap, the fuel winds.
Think also about all the added benefits of not worrying about a scupper. The boat will be so low that it will be self baling from the backseat.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That is witty :) don't show it to your wife though :D

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri, thank you for sharing your adventure with us! It was an amazing experience. I really appreciate your positive disposition in the face of adversity. Entering the beautiful turquoise water as you approach Bimini Sands for the first time... there's no better feeling after getting bounced around with no land in sight for hours.
I assume that the boat and trailer are all fixed?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm the only "you are nuts" vote. I mean it in a good way. It's a good kind of nuts, the kind of nuts that will leave you with no regrets in your final hours.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri, thank you for sharing your adventure with us! It was an amazing experience. I really appreciate your positive disposition in the face of adversity. Entering the beautiful turquoise water as you approach Bimini Sands for the first time... there's no better feeling after getting bounced around with no land in sight for hours.
I assume that the boat and trailer are all fixed?
@MrMoose The trailer is good. The boat has a few bad deep nicks that I tried to clean using spectrum gel paste and buffering and I screwed up very bad on that. I am yet to replace my center glass. I decided to leave all of the repairs for the winter. I also have a couple of seat covers and boat cover torn and I left them alone for now. I also had to replace my inside kicker speakers as well as the ws equalizer as both were shot. As summer is getting over soon I want to enjoy boating and tackle all of this in winter.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
To be absolutely honest I am of 2 minds right now. Should I upgrade the boat to a later model like 2014 and do the mods all over again? Or just stick with my current boat that has less than 150 hours on the engines. Still pondering on this dilemma.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To be absolutely honest I am of 2 minds right now. Should I upgrade the boat to a later model like 2014 and do the mods all over again? Or just stick with my current boat that has less than 150 hours on the engines. Still pondering on this dilemma.
KEEP THE BOAT.
Not long ago a well known jetboater told me, "Betik this boat is your training wheels". Let's admit it that although we concurred the crossing out of pure luck and irrational persistence, we are still novice at this. I expect to put some more serious damage in my boat in the next 2-3 seasons. Especially, if we do Erie canal in 2018, I will probably scratch the sh.t out it.

I plan to keep my boat for another 4-5 years and then we decide, on replacement ...... (hopefully and oceanis 35)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
o_Ohmmm maybe.... still need to work on the "happy ending" part though. Hey look at that, 320+ days and we can do this again! counting the days...
Amulet deserves a story and you either volunteer to write or we harass you until you do. It is really that simple really. Dont take it personally, I am going after every person, but I am doing it in order or severity of their damage. I have a specific order on doing this with the hope to keep stories going until mid November and then Holidays and then planing for 2018.