• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 2nd-8th 2023

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Jahall812 did you ever get that 14g tank sorted? I am still trying to get extra fuel figured out.
I have not, the boat is at our lake house 3hrs away. We've been so busy that we haven't been down there since November. I will be down there for a week at the end of the month. Hoping I can get the boat out then and see what I can figure out.

I also bought a set of trim tabs. I'm hoping to get those put on that week also!

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On a different note: What are you guys running for interior lighting? We have been on the boat several times at night, it is pitch dark in the cabin. Minus a small white light above the throttle controllers.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Jahall812 did you ever get that 14g tank sorted? I am still trying to get extra fuel figured out.
This is a pretty good solution to your aux fuel requirements.

It is epa / carb approved so the authorities should be happy if you get “inspected”.

Here is the link to the thread I did on adding extra fuel: https://jetboaters.net/threads/extra-fuel-on-fsh.35391/

This is a clean set up that eliminates having to try and pour fuel from a can over the side of the boat while pitching and rolling on the water is totally sealed, and eliminates the chance of spills. Let me know if you need any help sourcing the parts.

Suggestion, go out and use your connext screen, there is a fuel used line that is very accurate at measuring fuel used, this in addition to the instantaneous GPH or gallons per hour being used to determine your true fuel consumption. For example, if you are cruising along at 27 mph and your GPH is reading 9 GPH, you are getting 3 MPG. If you go out and practice using this tool you will get a good idea of real world consumption.

Recently, @lazergeek made a 92 mile run down in Florida in his 210 FSH and his real world consumption was 47 gallons for 1.92 MPG, his boat in ideal conditions will probably get a little over 3 MPG, but the conditions decreased his MPG and he was into his reserve fuel, but that’s why we calculate a reserve.

Last edited:

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not, the boat is at our lake house 3hrs away. We've been so busy that we haven't been down there since November. I will be down there for a week at the end of the month. Hoping I can get the boat out then and see what I can figure out.

I also bought a set of trim tabs. I'm hoping to get those put on that week also!
Keep me posted on those trim tabs! Have you checked these out? https://jetboatpilot.com/collections/thrust-vectors

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will do! We have a set of thrust vectors on the boat. Those are one of the add ons we could have done without but I got them from a raffle.

About your question regarding interior lights we don't have any additional lights besides what came on the tower of our boat. We dont really do any night boating. If you search this forum I'm sure there is some great info!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thrust Vectors and trim tabs are 2 different things, TV's are supposed to help with steering (particularly at slow speeds), tabs are supposed to help keep the boat grounded in choppy weather. Tabs are definitely worth it IMO for open water.
Yeah, I know! I was just trying to get 411 on the TV's. Do you have trim tabs?

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, I know! I was just trying to get 411 on the TV's. Do you have trim tabs?
I've got both. The TV's came with the boat so I can't say how it operated without. TT's on the other hand I installed 2 years ago for the trip - worth doing IMO. Not too difficult of an install, just gotta take the time to do it right.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How is everyone doing? We are getting excited with lots of preparation taking place!

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How is everyone doing? We are getting excited with lots of preparation taking place!
Doing good here! I was on vacation last week. Spent the week at the lake. It was to cold to get boat out, I had plans to get stuff done on our place we're building and with the boat. I failed at both. I've been working 60-80hr weeks so I took time to relax.
Hopefully, I will make it back down next weekend and my focus will be getting the boat in line. Still waiting for the trim tabs to get installed and still haven't messed with the 14gal gas can. I'll be putting out name on the boat and installing the vhf radio, but still waiting on the antenna I ordered 2 months ago to arrive.

@svana we have another couple crossing with us if you want to change our count up above.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to put our boat name sticker on and install our radio also. I went with the Shakespeare QC 4'. I am thinking about putting my radio to the right of the captain's chair, mounted vertical.

ref: Amazon.com

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Doing good here! I was on vacation last week. Spent the week at the lake. It was to cold to get boat out, I had plans to get stuff done on our place we're building and with the boat. I failed at both. I've been working 60-80hr weeks so I took time to relax.
Hopefully, I will make it back down next weekend and my focus will be getting the boat in line. Still waiting for the trim tabs to get installed and still haven't messed with the 14gal gas can. I'll be putting out name on the boat and installing the vhf radio, but still waiting on the antenna I ordered 2 months ago to arrive.

@svana we have another couple crossing with us if you want to change our count up above.
I’m probably just being an idiot, but I can’t find where to edit the thread anymore. I’ll edit it once I figure it out, but nbd.

I need to put our boat name sticker on and install our radio also. I went with the Shakespeare QC 4'. I am thinking about putting my radio to the right of the captain's chair, mounted vertical.

ref: Amazon.com
That’s what I did - works great. Unfortunately it looks like I never took a final completion photo but here you can see the location. 7766F51F-9A1E-4E59-859D-C64DDD4ADB8B.jpeg

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup that looks great @svana !! Any tricks to running the RG-8 through the wake tower?

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup that looks great @svana !! Any tricks to running the RG-8 through the wake tower?
I don't have a tower, so unfortunately I can’t help you there. I’d check out the tower speaker write ups as I assume it’d be the same process.

Jason Crump

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I get home this evening, I’ll take some pictures of what I did. The base of the wake rack actually has a pass-through that the wires to the anchor light run through. I drilled a small hole underneath the lateral support in the wake rack and used rubber grommet in the hole to protect the cable, to keep the hole small I cut the end off my antenna cable and install new male PL259 connector. Also, I have two antennas so I installed new female PL259 connectors on a short pigtail at the end of each antenna so I could switch my antennas, depending on my trip. I just have an extension cable from the back of my VHF up to my wake rack. I hope that makes sense lol.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I get home this evening, I’ll take some pictures of what I did. The base of the wake rack actually has a pass-through that the wires to the anchor light run through. I drilled a small hole underneath the lateral support in the wake rack and used rubber grommet in the hole to protect the cable, to keep the hole small I cut the end off my antenna cable and install new male PL259 connector. Also, I have two antennas so I installed new female PL259 connectors on a short pigtail at the end of each antenna so I could switch my antennas, depending on my trip. I just have an extension cable from the back of my VHF up to my wake rack. I hope that makes sense lol.
Makes perfect sense! I am using the QC so no pigtails. I will take some pics once I start the work!

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys, finally looked at options of where to store the 14gal gas can. Looks like I have 3 options. I can strap it down on the swim. I would still have easy access to the clean out ports. With the passenger seat slid all the way up it will fit behind it. It will also fit in the bow of the boat with the big cooler we will be taking.

Attachments

Papa Erp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, finally looked at options of where to store the 14gal gas can. Looks like I have 3 options. I can strap it down on the swim. I would still have easy access to the clean out ports. With the passenger seat slid all the way up it will fit behind it. It will also fit in the bow of the boat with the big cooler we will be taking.
I like option 1, on the swim platform. I had two cans strapped there with tie down straps when I crossed to Bimini in 2021. It was a rough crossing and the cans stayed tight the entire week. Besides, I would hate the thought of an accidental spill in the cockpit. Have a great trip!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Put on the back! But make sure it's sealed up well. You will very possibly have water wash over that if any kind of waves especially if needing to stop and refuel!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Concur, that’s where I’m sticking my Jerry cans, that looks nice and stable.