• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 2nd-8th 2023

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Topic of the week: Greasing the intermediate housing bearings.

So, I have read several complete postings on this and I wanted to get this elite team's feedback. Most of the apprehension is around blowing out the seal. Some recommend just a few pumps every 100 hours, while others say until it is harder to pump or the hose gets firm. Doesn't seem like an exact science or an accurate way to determine if you have the correct amount of grease.

Am I over thinking this?

Edit: I think I will remove the zirk and fill it with a sirenge.

Last edited:

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Topic of the week: Greasing the intermediate housing bearings.

So, I have read several complete postings on this and I wanted to get this elite team's feedback. Most of the apprehension is around blowing out the seal. Some recommend just a few pumps every 100 hours, while others say until it is harder to pump or the hose gets firm. Doesn't seem like an exact science or an accurate way to determine if you have the correct amount of grease.

Am I over thinking this?

Edit: I think I will remove the zirk and fill it with a sirenge.
I’d probably follow what others have written up and/or ask them, partially because some of them have been doing it for years and also because 50% of the folks you’re asking (me lol) don’t own a trailer unfortunately.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d probably follow what others have written up and/or ask them, partially because some of them have been doing it for years and also because 50% of the folks you’re asking (me lol) don’t own a trailer unfortunately.
Yeah it isn't the boat trailer. it is the intermediate drive housing bearing for each engine.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah it isn't the boat trailer. it is the intermediate drive housing bearing for each engine.
Oops sorry - never done it but what I hear is just a pump or two every year

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know it is a little early out, but don't forget to install the CBP ROAM App on your phone and get your travelers loaded in!

Jason Crump

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, Jet boat family!
It just so happens that this trip aligns perfectly for us will be in FL the week prior with my boat. I think it's meant to be. I pretty much just lurk around here... LOL. But crossing is on my bucket list. Still planning but it looks like there will be two adults on a 2015 AR240. I may be booking the one bedroom next to jaroofoo. I am just a little excited!!!

I have read all the write ups and have had my 240 in the ICW and on open water numerous times, even in a tropical storm in clearwater, FL (Normally a lake guy) but still a bit nervous about the trip...

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, Jet boat family!
It just so happens that this trip aligns perfectly for us will be in FL the week prior with my boat. I think it's meant to be. I pretty much just lurk around here... LOL. But crossing is on my bucket list. Still planning but it looks like there will be two adults on a 2015 AR240. I may be booking the one bedroom next to jaroofoo. I am just a little excited!!!

I have read all the write ups and have had my 240 in the ICW and on open water numerous times, even in a tropical storm in clearwater, FL (Normally a lake guy) but still a bit nervous about the trip...
Sounds like fun!! You should join us. We will be arriving to FLL on Friday, June 30 and staying at Bahia Mar Friday and Saturday night before the crossing.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello, Jet boat family!

Sounds good, I'll add you to the roster. I'd say nervous isn't a bad thing, but solid prep mitigates most concern. Flexibility does as well - if you're there for the whole week prior it'll make it easier to shift a date if need be. We're of the mindset that we won't cross if it's bad, the Bahia Mar is comfortable enough to stay an extra day lol.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jason Crump - I just reserved my boat slip. The owner indicated that you were inquiring about one of the other units. She assured me there was plenty of room on the dock for both of our boats. Just an FYI.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Warning.....Bimini Cove and the individual owners at the Cove are in a war with each other. Here is the lastest volley in that war:

The new Bimini Cove is getting ready to announce our new premier renters club for the 2023 season. This program is fully supported by the developers which means you will always have first choice and preference on dockage and the use of all its amenities over Airbnb renter’s.

Please be aware the developers does not support or recognize the Airbnb program which means if you select to rent a Airbnb unit you will only have limited access to the amenities as well as dockage. Airbnb renters will not be allowed to make prior reservations on dockage until day of departure and based on availability.

We invite all owners who have their units listed on Airbnb to join and support the Bimini Cove rental program. This is one community and everyone should support the developers in their efforts to beautify and improve the amenities of our property.

So if you rent from an owner who hasn't joined their "club" you won't be able to reserve docks until the day you leave for the island.....which means....you won't rent from them. I have to assume they are approaching it this way for a number of reasons, one being that the owners refused to raise the dues.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Warning.....Bimini Cove and the individual owners at the Cove are in a war with each other. Here is the lastest volley in that war:

The new Bimini Cove is getting ready to announce our new premier renters club for the 2023 season. This program is fully supported by the developers which means you will always have first choice and preference on dockage and the use of all its amenities over Airbnb renter’s.

Please be aware the developers does not support or recognize the Airbnb program which means if you select to rent a Airbnb unit you will only have limited access to the amenities as well as dockage. Airbnb renters will not be allowed to make prior reservations on dockage until day of departure and based on availability.

We invite all owners who have their units listed on Airbnb to join and support the Bimini Cove rental program. This is one community and everyone should support the developers in their efforts to beautify and improve the amenities of our property.

So if you rent from an owner who hasn't joined their "club" you won't be able to reserve docks until the day you leave for the island.....which means....you won't rent from them. I have to assume they are approaching it this way for a number of reasons, one being that the owners refused to raise the dues.
Oof…I guess one more reason I’m glad we’re staying on north island this year. Sounds like they’re gonna (continue to) alienate a bunch of folks as they move forward. I’m curious how many of their renters don’t arrive by boat…

Jason Crump

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jason Crump - I just reserved my boat slip. The owner indicated that you were inquiring about one of the other units. She assured me there was plenty of room on the dock for both of our boats. Just an FYI.
Yep, I booked the one bedroom and the second slip. She referred to you as the birthday boy ... lol

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, I booked the one bedroom and the second slip. She referred to you as the birthday boy ... lol
LOL, yeah my birthday is the end of May. I guess it came up when I was inquiring about the rental. Sounds like a celebration is in order!

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
LOL, yeah my birthday is the end of May. I guess it came up when I was inquiring about the rental. Sounds like a celebration is in order!
We are crossing to celebrate my 40th bday also! It isn't until August though. We was on a cruise in the Bahamas for the gf 40th. I wanted to be there for my 40th as well. Just wanted to get there a different way!!

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome!! It’s going to be a celebration for sure!

kasted1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hey all...newish to the forum...considering joining but what is there to do for a whole week in bimini? considering the crossing but was thinking more of a long weekend...we would be first timers but live in fort lauderdale so take it open ocean regularly when seas are calm...

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hey all...newish to the forum...considering joining but what is there to do for a whole week in bimini? considering the crossing but was thinking more of a long weekend...we would be first timers but live in fort lauderdale so take it open ocean regularly when seas are calm...
We stayed for a whole week in 2021 and wish we could have stayed longer. Hit honeymoon harbor multiple times, shipwreck, plane wreck, Blue Lagoon, walked the islands, had fun on multiple beaches, potluck with the group, hit the swimming pool a few times, sat on the balcony and just relaxed, went fishing, ate at a couple different places, talked to locals and so much more. There is plenty to do.

btown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome we were just talking about this trip and we would love to try and make it this year as well. We have 06 SX230 as well so glad to know fuel isn't an issue. We also live in Tampa Bay so not too far of drive to leave. Will definitely look into it. Thanks

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome we were just talking about this trip and we would love to try and make it this year as well. We have 06 SX230 as well so glad to know fuel isn't an issue. We also live in Tampa Bay so not too far of drive to leave. Will definitely look into it. Thanks
Nice, we may have seen you around on the bay. But ya, if you’re in - depending on timing we could even get a caravan down.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jahall812 did you ever get that 14g tank sorted? I am still trying to get extra fuel figured out.