• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2020 Jetboat Pilot SEADEK Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Seadek from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - the discount has now reached the maximum 30% already!

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Seadeck is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until Wednesday September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hope that cruise actually happens....will be interesting when the cruise ships start operating again....but perhaps it would be a good time to go as perhaps they won't run the boats full????
Right now it doesn't look good.. think saw some were just canceled through March.

Might be good time to mention this to wife again :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Right now it doesn't look good.. think saw some were just canceled through March.

Might be good time to mention this to wife again :)
Yeah....not sure they'll be operating then....time will tell - will depend on how fast and how effective the vaccine really is. June will likely be right on the edge....perhaps May - since all the spring break cruise traffic will be a huge money maker....assuming people WANT to go....(if I've been vaccinated I probably would)

In addition, cruises from Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Mobile, New Orleans, and San Diego are canceled through February 28th, while Carnival Legend sailings out of Tampa are canceled through March 26.​

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are not planing on leaving the house until April. That being said, if we put aside the political shit and pay a bit more attention to CDC recommendation we should see the number drop like a rock end of April beginning of May.

If you are planing for vacation in the summer you should try to book now, I anticipate a ferocious vacationing summer and therefore high prices.

We are planing to go overseas, so we only have to suck up the flight cost not hotels and restaurants

James R Whitten

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anybody ever docked at brown's marina? Im hearing its considerably cheaper than bimini bay. But its on the other side of the island.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody ever docked at brown's marina? Im hearing its considerably cheaper than bimini bay. But its on the other side of the island.
Only to visit Big John’s restaurant it’s kind of a run down marina I wouldn’t want to leave my boat there long term with amount of traffic that rolls by there you would likely take damage over the week.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Only to visit Big John’s restaurant it’s kind of a run down marina I wouldn’t want to leave my boat there long term with amount of traffic that rolls by there you would likely take damage over the week.
Agree....every boat coming up the channel passes browns and many don't heed the no wake buoy (or sometimes its MIA). Also, no floating docks just piles.

James R Whitten

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was thinking the same thing.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So true. Still, so worth it!
I really loved taking my kids, it was a bit unnerving at times, perhaps, but just enough to put the fear of God into their young hearts, I felt.
Not to get philosophical but there is nothing like being out there in the ocean, away from an ipad screen, with no land on the horizon; it will make you feel one and the same with the universe, pretty quick, lol.

--
My kids still complain why are we not crossing to Bimini this year. My daughter loves to drive the boat full throttle. She has a need for speed. Hopefully we make the trip in 2021 or 2022 depending on how crazy it is outside. As of now sticking to the lakes. Plan to road trip to different lakes in surrounding states next year.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On a side note I got my brother addicted to boating. I Lent him my boat for the winter after training him for a week. He says it’s the best time of his life enjoying the surrounding lakes in Orlando with his wife and kids. I am glad he is happy and I hope he embraces this lifestyle.