• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm sure everyone following this thread is following private message as well. But just in case. I got off the phone with the manager of bimini cove. Im trying to get discounts setup for condos and boat slips. I'll know more Monday. For those that are already booked I'll see about getting the price prorated.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian I'm leaning towards going again this year, I'd like to be included in the group conversation if possible. Did you find a taker for the spare condo yet?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Deb Davis has a condo available for that week: 2/3 19-A. Very nice. I remodeled it pre Covid. All new appliances including A/C. New living , dining, master furniture. All new linens. Really nice harbor view.

I rent it for owners who never go. $375/ nite. $100 for Patrice to clean.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @Kevin Sargent , safe to say you're crossing with the Sea Fox, ya?

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So not to 💩 on anyone's parade.

But does anyone have ideas or plan on making an alternate trip/plan in case "Covid" prevents us from making the trip to Bimini?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If we make it to FL and can’t go across we will be hanging out in the Ft L/Miami area for the week otherwise not quite sure. If for some reason we don’t even make the trek south maybe we would show up in Shelbyville. Either way we’re going to be spending a LOT of time boating the Rock, Illinois & Mississippi rivers when the water is not solid.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So not to 💩 on anyone's parade.

But does anyone have ideas or plan on making an alternate trip/plan in case "Covid" prevents us from making the trip to Bimini?
good thinking but that is highly unlikely. If that were to be the case we much more serious issues than loosing deposits or not having a vacation go as planned.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
good thinking but that is highly unlikely. If that were to be the case we much more serious issues than loosing deposits or not having a vacation go as planned.

I'm considering booking/planning a Keys trip as a back out plan and setting a deadline (refund date) to make a final decision. Just afraid that I'm going make the 2 day pull and COVID restrictions kill the trip.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know the slip rate at Bimini Cove? I searched but with over 20 pages it might have gotten overlooked.

We’re booked in 2 B from June 26- July 3. Planning to cross there and back with the group but I’d like to stay weather flexible.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm considering booking/planning a Keys trip as a back out plan and setting a deadline (refund date) to make a final decision. Just afraid that I'm going make the 2 day pull and COVID restrictions kill the trip.
I would not worry about. If Bahamas is on restrictions in the middle of the summer, then it is going to be a real bad winter in the US. If that were to be the case I would say forget About the keys and try to buy enough food for the winter

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I was reminiscing over on the 2017 thread
Who knew how true this whole post would be 💞💞💞691C31CB-F656-455D-81CE-21C5D5FC2B82.png

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is correct
You thinking you'd go the pace of the JB's? Figure you'd be able to cut through the waves alot easier than us. Only reason I ask is cuz if it just ends up being the 2 of us traveling back on 7/3 I wouldn't wanna hold you up on the crossing.

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You thinking you'd go the pace of the JB's? Figure you'd be able to cut through the waves alot easier than us. Only reason I ask is cuz if it just ends up being the 2 of us traveling back on 7/3 I wouldn't wanna hold you up on the crossing.
I have three maybe four other boats crossing with us with AR240's. All but one have made the crossing before.

I am crossing as a safety boat. I might let you run ahead, line of sight, then play catch up. This allows me to run at my best fuel efficiency.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have three maybe four other boats crossing with us with AR240's. All but one have made the crossing before.

I am crossing as a safety boat. I might let you run ahead, line of sight, then play catch up. This allows me to run at my best fuel efficiency.
Sounds good - just didn’t wanna hold you up!