• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok everyone, pardon my ignorance. I have a few questions about a few things that I still don’t understand. The Bahia mar hotel and marina is used to stay before the departure to Bimini, I get that, what I don’t get by looking at google maps is, will you folks be launching from there and leaving your trucks and trailers on their property? I just don’t see a ramp on that location or any trailers on the lot. Will folks be launching from Harbour town marina and leaving their trucks and trailers there? Thanks for the help.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok everyone, pardon my ignorance. I have a few questions about a few things that I still don’t understand. The Bahia mar hotel and marina is used to stay before the departure to Bimini, I get that, what I don’t get by looking at google maps is, will you folks be launching from there and leaving your trucks and trailers on their property? I just don’t see a ramp on that location or any trailers on the lot. Will folks be launching from Harbour town marina and leaving their trucks and trailers there? Thanks for the help.
If you haven’t, I would strongly suggest reading the pinned Bimini post. It covers all of these questions and more.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
There will be no parking for your vehicle and trailer at Bahia Mar. Harbor town is where you will launch from (and possibly park your rig) you will take your fully loaded with supply boat and passengers to the Bahia Mar. anything you’ve forgotten in your vehicle can be retrieved by Uber/Lyft. You park your boat overnight so you can get maybe and hour of sleep (due to the excitement) and be in your boat ready to go in the morning.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There will be no parking for your vehicle and trailer at Bahia Mar. Harbor town is where you will launch from (and possibly park your rig) you will take your fully loaded with supply boat and passengers to the Bahia Mar. anything you’ve forgotten in your vehicle can be retrieved by Uber/Lyft. You park your boat overnight so you can get maybe and hour of sleep (due to the excitement) and be in your boat ready to go in the morning.
Got it. Thank you for your response. I’ve read a lot on the trip but this part had me confused. I’ll definitely park at the harbor ramp.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's a video of the cross for a cure that's leaving a day before we get there. This would be pretty cool to see.

Now that I think about it, are we gonna pass em on our way out?

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you know if there are still slips available at Bahia Mar for 6/26?
I'm sure there still are but I would go ahead and reserve now to be certain. Contact th.directly and find out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think they're going further north to lake worth.
Correct....they are paddling 80 miles as the current pulls them north as they paddle. You might see them FAR to the north of your track as you cross.....but I suspect they will just be out of sight.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This may be a dumb question, but are slips assigned on a first come first serve basis at Bimini Cove when you check in or a free for all parking lot situation where you just find a spot every time you come in each day?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This may be a dumb question, but are slips assigned on a first come first serve basis at Bimini Cove when you check in or a free for all parking lot situation where you just find a spot every time you come in each day?
They are assigned when you check in. They try to get you as close to your condo as they can. Then that's your spot for the week, unless you set up a trade with somebody.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can be added to the roster please. Thanks.

LayneG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We don't have the AR240 anymore but would love to come along. I made the crossing in 2019 with my AR240. We will be in a 2800 MAKAIRA.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We don't have the AR240 anymore but would love to come along. I made the crossing in 2019 with my AR240. We will be in a 2800 MAKAIRA.
As long as it has a Yamaha on the back (not a Suzuki) we'll let you join! (Just kidding) We aren't picky on makes and models.