• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

Emenece

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We would love to join. Been wanting to do this trip and would be best to do it with a group for the first time.
I have an AR240 but have been told 28ft boat is ideal. Any truth to that? I see some do it in a AR190.
Family of 5, kids ages 16,15,13 by the trip.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We would love to join. Been wanting to do this trip and would be best to do it with a group for the first time.
I have an AR240 but have been told 28ft boat is ideal. Any truth to that? I see some do it in a AR190.
As long as you, your crew and your boat are properly prepared for the trip I believe you will be fine but ultimately it is up to you.

Go through and read ALL of this to get everything in order.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Done it 3 times in my 242X, and will go again next year. You can always say....it will be safer and more comfortable in a bigger boat! The smaller you go, the more you have to be prepared to change your plans to accomodate the weather

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian will you share some of those fishing spots with me? Regret not fishing that much in 2018 and should have eaten some of those triggers we did catch. Hopefully I will have a more suitable boat for fishing this trip and we can catch a few dinners.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian will you share some of those fishing spots with me? Regret not fishing that much in 2018 and should have eaten some of those triggers we did catch. Hopefully I will have a more suitable boat for fishing this trip and we can catch a few dinners.
I switched GPS devices before the last trip, and all we did on the last trip was deep drop fishing - fishing at 800-1000 feet deep with power rods and 8-12lb weights.....not your usual fishing!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S and I will possibly do some fishing maybe its time to bring back the annual night fishing trip I don't think we have done that in a few years now @Andy S

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dammm it. Found this thread; didn;t even read it yet and already feel like... an addict in recovery, on the brink of a major relapse!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 what boat are you taking? do you still have your yammie?

--

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I realize it’s a heavier commitment for those traveling from up north, but those of y’all (us) traveling from Florida, how early do you start to book stuff for the trip?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 what boat are you taking? do you still have your yammie?

--
I do still have the Yammie its listed for sale but I'm likely keeping it we bought a house on the water here and that boat is perfect for here. I would love for you and your crew to come down and hang out @swatski if you guys want to come visit the beach next year. The Yammie will likely not be the boat I take to Bimini next year though even if I have it. You should how ever go ahead and commit and come to Bimini you know you want to!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do still have the Yammie its listed for sale but I'm likely keeping it we bought a house on the water here and that boat is perfect for here. I would love for you and your crew to come down and hang out @swatski if you guys want to come visit the beach next year. The Yammie will likely not be the boat I take to Bimini next year though even if I have it. You should how ever go ahead and commit and come to Bimini you know you want to!
Man, that sounds good!
we will be sure take you up on it! - lol, as soon as we get tired of doing this:
1603392136235.png
(it's gonna be a while; we freaking love it)

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, that sounds good!
we will be sure take you up on it! - lol, as soon as we get tired of doing this:
View attachment 135849
(it's gonna be a while; we freaking love it)

--
Well maybe we can plan a run up the Hudson to the entrance of the canal?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I realize it’s a heavier commitment for those traveling from up north, but those of y’all (us) traveling from Florida, how early do you start to book stuff for the trip?
Can you be more precise about "stuff". Typically people are booking accommodation as far in advance as they can. The longer you wait, the less choice you have -especially for places in Bimini. For Florida staging hotels in Ft Lauderdale, I typically book mine in the Jan timeframe.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you be more precise about "stuff". Typically people are booking accommodation as far in advance as they can. The longer you wait, the less choice you have -especially for places in Bimini. For Florida staging hotels in Ft Lauderdale, I typically book mine in the Jan timeframe.
That'd probably be about it...lodging on this side and lodging on that side lol

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well maybe we can plan a run up the Hudson to the entrance of the canal?
Roger that! I actually don't mind going even later in the year when it's a bit cooler, like the CHicago run last year, but i know it's not for everyone. Going up Hudson now that the leaves are turning is amazing!
we maybe getting into a pilot house actually pretty soon, too, so we may or may not need to freeze to death, lol.
how do we convince @Betik to be a chase driver again???
and no, not selling my amazing AR240 we decided to keep, the PH would be in addition to.

EDIT - over and out, sorry for a hijack!
--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This time of the year for that trip, I will need 2 hazmat suits, a shot glass, a gallon of bleach and UV lightning in the cabin of tow vehicle.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This time of the year for that trip, I will need 2 hazmat suits, a shot glass, a gallon of bleach and UV lightning in the cabin of tow vehicle.
So... sounds like a strong maybe.
Let's take it to a new thread and talk about the dates. lol

--

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wait, you upgrading the seahunt already @robert843??

This makes me sad... cant believe family booked a cruise without talking to us. My wife is bummed as well.

Last edited: