• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
For those staying at resort world or wish to dock at bimini bay I need a head count as soon as possible to lock in the discount. We would be docked at the fisherman's village. Again the rate will be 3.75 a foot with no minimum foot requirement.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I understand this is a loosely organized trip....
I was wondering if we were gonna have a list of who is staying where .....I don’t wanna be left behind for any of the interesting outings!! 🤣😂🤣

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are staying in South Bimini in a house on the canal.

But I think the bigger thing for this is a handheld VHF radio which is used to communicate while on land. I'm assuming the group will pick a channel and communicate on it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@robert843 Perhaps we should update the first post with more info on the participants, I've found it helpful to list things like:

Member name, dates (departure/return), boat type &color, attendees plus kids ages, lodging location, #crossings, ???

Happy to help collect this too. Another option is a shared Google doc.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Perhaps we should update the first post with more info on the participants, I've found it helpful to list things like:

Member name, dates (departure/return), boat type &color, attendees plus kids ages, lodging location, #crossings, ???

Happy to help collect this too. Another option is a shared Google doc.
@Julian honestly it will be May 1st before I have the time to really focus on this thread so please by all means feel free to assist in organizing it however you think will help.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@robert843 @Julian
I can help if needed as well
Any thoughts on stickers and shirts?
I have someone here who does my vinyl lettering etc if there’s any interest

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@robert843 @Julian
I can help if needed as well
Any thoughts on stickers and shirts?
I have someone here who does my vinyl lettering etc if there’s any interest
These sorts of gatherings work best with as many people pitching in as possible....so any help you can offer will be great! I was going to start a private conversation with all the attendees to gather the group "data".....want to make sure I have all the needed info first. So keep an eye on your mailbox in the next few days (we will be able to add people to the conversation as we go- as people will add and drop over time).

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please add @Amar Nanduri and I to the crossing group with one boat this year. Any group discount for Bimini docking?

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How many boats are staying at bimini cove? I'll call and see if they'll offer any group discounts.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I understand this is a loosely organized trip....
I was wondering if we were gonna have a list of who is staying where .....I don’t wanna be left behind for any of the interesting outings!! 🤣😂🤣
We’re in 19e
That is some of the data we need to pull together!
i am. I can’t even get a reply right now from them but that seams typical.
I’m also glad to help pull data or any other coordinating activities

I’ll be in 19e, ar210 red, two adults 3kids 9,11,15 staying at Bahia mar. I’m coming from NC so if anyone coming down the 95 corridors wants to caravan I wouldn’t mind meeting along the way. I think you’re in NC to @Julian?

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We’re in 19e

I’ll be in 19e, ar210 red, two adults 3kids 9,11,15 staying at Bahia mar. I’m coming from NC so if anyone coming down the 95 corridors wants to caravan I wouldn’t mind meeting along the way. I think you’re in NC to @Julian?

I'll be coming from Northern Virginia on the 24th early am 25th. Happy to Caravan if times work out

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I’m working on stickers
I just want to make sure that I can use the previous ones with the updated year.... don’t want to step on any toes 45A231F5-84FA-4E22-B5DE-2B4648506789.jpeg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m working on stickers
I just want to make sure that I can use the previous ones with the updated year.... don’t want to step on any toes View attachment 141508
Copy away....the only thing proprietary is the logo....you have permission to use it. Let me know of you need a higher resolution version.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We’re in 19e

Added you to the private message.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We are staying in South Bimini in a house on the canal.

But I think the bigger thing for this is a handheld VHF radio which is used to communicate while on land. I'm assuming the group will pick a channel and communicate on it.
Is this legal in the Bahamas? Or is it similar to the US where it is illegal and just nearly impossible to enforce?

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is this legal in the Bahamas? Or is it similar to the US where it is illegal and just nearly impossible to enforce?
Not sure if it's illegal however I know that's how it works on bimini. Almost everybody uses a VHF to communicate whether that's in the water or on the land.

Did some research on this as well. Even in the US usage of VHF on land in proximity to water is authorized as long as it's conducting maritime business/transmissions.

"As of September 2016, the FCC now permits the limited use of handheld VHF radios ashore to communicate with a vessel offshore. Use must be in (or near) areas of maritime and boating activity and within three miles of the water. Communications using such radios must relate to the operational and business needs of the associated vessel and must be limited to the minimal practicable transmission time. Use must follow standard VHF operations protocol. The FCC has reasoned this decision will encourage more boaters to carry a VHF radio. FCC 16-119, 80.115(a)(2)."

So usage of the VHF in the way mentioned on Bimini would be appropriate.

Last edited:

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So while on land, "Meet at the dock" is legal, but "Meet at the infinity pool" is illegal. Such a fine line, lol!!!!