• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

Scott jacobs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
So I'm getting a head start this year and we have already booked our trip for Bimini in 2021. We will be departing Bahia Mar Sunday June 27 to cross to Bimini and will be returning on Friday July 2nd. We are staying at Resort World this year as I have a bunch of family joining me who are not very keen on being on the boat all day so at least over there they will have other things to do while I out on the boat. All are welcome to join us but this will be a loosely organized trip more of a group crossing. I will tag a few who maybe interested in joining and if you are interested let me know in this thread and I will try to keep track of who is going. If you do book lodging make sure they have a good cancellation policy as we never know right now with all the things going on if the trip will be allowed.

Here are a few key points to think about.
  • As the Captain you are responsible for your boat and crew to safely make it to Bimini and back to Ft Lauderdale, this is your priority #1 assisting other boaters comes second.
  • All on board your boat must be able to sit comfortably behind the windshield. Do not plan on having anyone sit in the bow area, in my 12 legs to and from the Bahamas (6 trips), only once has the conditions been nice enough to sit in the bow.
  • All heavy cargo should be secured behind the windshield, either secured on the deck or in under seat storage areas.
  • Unless your anchor locker is heavily padded or you are extremely confident your anchor is secured in the anchor locker, for the crossings pull the anchor from anchor locker and secure in an under seat storage area, it will not be needed on the crossing. Anchors in the anchor locker have punctured through hulls during past trips.
Once you and your crew have decided you want to join our June trip, here is a list of things you need to get done.

Outline of key items for the trip that you need to do.
  1. Each person will need a passport
  2. Room reservation at the Bahia Mar Hotel,
  3. Slip reservation at the Bahia Mar Marina with launch location
  4. Condo reservation at Bimini Sands, Resort World or somewhere else of your choosing
  5. Filling out the Bahamas customs form
  6. Filling out a Bahamas Immigration form
  7. Clearing US Customs and Border Protection
@Bimini @veedubtek @Andy S @1948Isaac @tim h @Bruce @Wisefam22 @DieselCamel @swatski @Shookie @Jack Long @Mainah @ThatJeepGuy @Berrie @bronze_10 @Gofish206 @Ramblin Wreck

Confirmed Participants
  1. @robert843
  2. @veedubtek
  3. @B0at1n
  4. @tim h
  5. @Babin Farms
  6. @Nexus
  7. @Gofish206
  8. @D_Booker
  9. @Bizywk
  10. @James R Whitten
  11. @Slapjaw
  12. @Valerie
  13. @Julian
  14. @Five Faces
  15. @VaMarine
  16. @Jutzi
  17. @Gerry R
  18. @Amar Nanduri
  19. @jayasaki138
  20. @ifly4fun
  21. @svana
  22. @jctaylor
  23. @Papa Erp
  24. @Lee H
  25. @ThatJeepGuy
  26. @Skroggy66
  27. @Wes Walley
  28. @doublej3
  29. @FLJetBoater
  30. @gmiked1020
  31. @Ggordon3321
  32. @Av8tor07
  33. @leonard delia
  34. @BX_Cowboy
  35. @Andy S

Can't Make it now:

Regarding Dock space at Bimini Cove - a few points.
  • If you arrive before 6/27 docking will be an issue because of the paddle for a cure.
  • @James R Whitten has pre-reserved docking for people signed up by 3/8 - see the tracking sheet in the private chat- there is a column for this.
  • We have a group booking rate (see the private chat for the rate) with no minimum length requirement + 19.5% tax.
  • We've been dealing with Nichelle Roberts at nichelle1242@gmail.com. Anyone booking after 3/8 should email her directly to get added to the list and tell her you are with Jetboaters.net.
[/QUO
So I'm getting a head start this year and we have already booked our trip for Bimini in 2021. We will be departing Bahia Mar Sunday June 27 to cross to Bimini and will be returning on Friday July 2nd. We are staying at Resort World this year as I have a bunch of family joining me who are not very keen on being on the boat all day so at least over there they will have other things to do while I out on the boat. All are welcome to join us but this will be a loosely organized trip more of a group crossing. I will tag a few who maybe interested in joining and if you are interested let me know in this thread and I will try to keep track of who is going. If you do book lodging make sure they have a good cancellation policy as we never know right now with all the things going on if the trip will be allowed.

Here are a few key points to think about.
  • As the Captain you are responsible for your boat and crew to safely make it to Bimini and back to Ft Lauderdale, this is your priority #1 assisting other boaters comes second.
  • All on board your boat must be able to sit comfortably behind the windshield. Do not plan on having anyone sit in the bow area, in my 12 legs to and from the Bahamas (6 trips), only once has the conditions been nice enough to sit in the bow.
  • All heavy cargo should be secured behind the windshield, either secured on the deck or in under seat storage areas.
  • Unless your anchor locker is heavily padded or you are extremely confident your anchor is secured in the anchor locker, for the crossings pull the anchor from anchor locker and secure in an under seat storage area, it will not be needed on the crossing. Anchors in the anchor locker have punctured through hulls during past trips.
Once you and your crew have decided you want to join our June trip, here is a list of things you need to get done.

Outline of key items for the trip that you need to do.
  1. Each person will need a passport
  2. Room reservation at the Bahia Mar Hotel,
  3. Slip reservation at the Bahia Mar Marina with launch location
  4. Condo reservation at Bimini Sands, Resort World or somewhere else of your choosing
  5. Filling out the Bahamas customs form
  6. Filling out a Bahamas Immigration form
  7. Clearing US Customs and Border Protection
@Bimini @veedubtek @Andy S @1948Isaac @tim h @Bruce @Wisefam22 @DieselCamel @swatski @Shookie @Jack Long @Mainah @ThatJeepGuy @Berrie @bronze_10 @Gofish206 @Ramblin Wreck

Confirmed Participants
  1. @robert843
  2. @veedubtek
  3. @B0at1n
  4. @tim h
  5. @Babin Farms
  6. @Nexus
  7. @Gofish206
  8. @D_Booker
  9. @Bizywk
  10. @James R Whitten
  11. @Slapjaw
  12. @Valerie
  13. @Julian
  14. @Five Faces
  15. @VaMarine
  16. @Jutzi
  17. @Gerry R
  18. @Amar Nanduri
  19. @jayasaki138
  20. @ifly4fun
  21. @svana
  22. @jctaylor
  23. @Papa Erp
  24. @Lee H
  25. @ThatJeepGuy
  26. @Skroggy66
  27. @Wes Walley
  28. @doublej3
  29. @FLJetBoater
  30. @gmiked1020
  31. @Ggordon3321
  32. @Av8tor07
  33. @leonard delia
  34. @BX_Cowboy
  35. @Andy S

Can't Make it now:

Regarding Dock space at Bimini Cove - a few points.
  • If you arrive before 6/27 docking will be an issue because of the paddle for a cure.
  • @James R Whitten has pre-reserved docking for people signed up by 3/8 - see the tracking sheet in the private chat- there is a column for this.
  • We have a group booking rate (see the private chat for the rate) with no minimum length requirement + 19.5% tax.
  • We've been dealing with Nichelle Roberts at nichelle1242@gmail.com. Anyone booking after 3/8 should email her directly to get added to the list and tell her you are with Jetboaters.net.
i would like to go with this group leaving on June 27, and want to return back in few days...instead of July 2nd... any of U guys ?

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Showing video unavailable. But I've seen just about every video about going to Bimini and am jealous about it. Lol
I think you can see it on Facebook
It was a GoPro video a friend put together in 2018 but it had some Great Isaac Cay in it too

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A couple QUESTIONS:

1) I'm installing both a fixed VHF and will also have a handheld VHF in my ditch bag. Both will be have DSC capability. My question is do you use the same MMSI for both, or do you apply for separate MMSI's? I've looked online for the answer but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there.

2) Seeing how space is of a premium do most of you bring your full mooring covers with or do you leave them behind in your tow vehicle? If you do leave them behind do you use a partial cover to at least cover the helm? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A couple QUESTIONS:

1) I'm installing both a fixed VHF and will also have a handheld VHF in my ditch bag. Both will be have DSC capability. My question is do you use the same MMSI for both, or do you apply for separate MMSI's? I've looked online for the answer but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there.

2) Seeing how space is of a premium do most of you bring your full mooring covers with or do you leave them behind in your tow vehicle? If you do leave them behind do you use a partial cover to at least cover the helm? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
1) I used the same on both
2) I left my cover behind in the tow vehicle. I do have a home made rain screen that I will lower if it looks like it will rain (this is linked in my signature).

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know someone already mentioned this but if we are planning to cross on the 26th what day do I need to have a covid test done on. If the regulations stay the same. I just received my Johnson and Johnson vacine yesterday only in hopes they may change the rules.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crickets!!! Heard anything on the shirts @Julian

ididntdoit

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Alright........We may be in - Is anyone staying at the Hilton? Anyone know of any availability at the sands?

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awful quiet on here, this is all I can think about.
51 days until we leave our driveway. Shelbyville Gathering right after that.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They are available to order on the link you sent! I guess I should have posted that here directly as others might not have seen the other thread on this discussion.

The Bimini Short and Long Sleeve Performance Shirts are now available for purchase.
👉👉👉
You will find them and other Jet Boaters items at Jet Boaters T-Shirts & Accessories
These are designed to fit a bit baggy, so if you order your normal men's or unisex tee size it should fit great. UPF rated at 30+. Both long and short sleeve are available in 4 colors. White, Butter Sea Frost Green, and Ice Blue.

We are printing these to order. Please allow about 3-5 business days for your order to ship from our Florida location.

I am working on adding hats, simple performance shirts with just the Jet Boaters Logo, and other products. If you have any questions please let me know. Customer service can help fairly fast from Guest@IslandJay.com

Thanks!
Jay

Jet Boaters Bimini 2021 performance ShortSleeve Seafrost.jpg

Jet Boaters Bimini 2021 performance Short Sleeve White - Copy.jpg

Jet Boaters Bimini 2021 performance Long Sleeve Butter.jpg

Jet Boaters Bimini 2021 performance Long Sleeve Ice Blue.jpg

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awful quiet on here, this is all I can think about.
Heads up. I don't wish to overstep my bounds, but did you identify your intent to participate to the trip organizers yet? I don't see you listed in post #1 of this thread. Its probably not a deal breaker, but you might want to contact @Julian and/or @robert843. If you do, you might find that there is more trip specific information available.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Heads up. I don't wish to overstep my bounds, but did you identify your intent to participate to the trip organizers yet? I don't see you listed in post #1 of this thread. Its probably not a deal breaker, but you might want to contact @Julian and/or @robert843. If you do, you might find that there is more trip specific information available.
Yes...I need to add him to the roster.....just catching up on things here!

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes...I need to add him to the roster.....just catching up on things here!
You're doing a great job, and I appreciate the effort you and other senior members are putting in to make this forum successful. Just trying to help out.

:winkingthumbsup"

LayneG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just reserved Bahia Mar for the 4 of us coming in late on June 25th so we can get everything ready on the 26th.

I crossed in 2019 as well.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just reserved Bahia Mar for the 4 of us coming in late on June 25th so we can get everything ready on the 26th.

I crossed in 2019 as well.
Added you to the roster on page one and to the private message thread.